September 18, 2014 | 1803 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Flash Bronzer Tinted Leg Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by danidean

I'm not a huge fan of self tanners,but this one changed my thoughts on them. No streaks, very natural looking colour, easy to apply and leaves a nice shimmer on the legs.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm quite light and i love being so but i decided to take a chance on this since my cousin always made fun of my pale skin.... hmph! so i bought this at Sephora for 35 bucks.. i was like sweet JESus that's quite a bit for only 4.2 oz... anyway This turned me quite orange... I bought it based on the reviews here. it smells like old lady perfume and gives intense sparkly sheen wherever you use it (i used it on my arms too) . i heavily exfoliated before i used this before bed and waited 2 hours for it to dry before i trusted actual sleeping. before i fell asleep my skin looked a light caramel. when i woke up i had a dark bronze near orangey tan. im not sure if ill repurchase this. but i dont wanna return it because i want to keep my points :P .. The search for self tanner continues, maybe i should embrace pale skin
Edit : I used Natures Gate sunless tanner and it works just as well but it only costs 10 bucks! 1/3 of the cost of this stuff! Try it out if you're looking for an alternative to this as 35 dollars a bottle is quite steep if you want to maintain a tan...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This product will tan you. As others have mentioned, this does not turn a fake tan/orange color, but rather the color of an actual tan. Although the product specifies that it is meant for legs, I used it on most of my body last night after showering/exfoliating. I tried a bit on my left thigh 2 weeks ago in order to see if it actually worked, and it is clear that it is still darker than the other thigh now, meaning the color lasts as well. I applied this to my face this morning (the test being if it didn't cause breakouts on my chest, I would try it on my face) and it does feel heavy and probably contains oil. I will update if any breakouts occur.

I did mix this with an unscented body lotion and the smell was quite strong. It eventually faded into a very slight self-tanner scent that was by no means unbearable. The first time I tried it, I used a very scented lotion and no scent was detectable. Also, I should mention that there are shimmer particles in this product, not glitter, which adds a nice shine to your skin. Finally, no transfer to clothes/sheets.

I might purchase this (full size), but having tried the St. Tropez foam (works instantly!) I'd be more likely to purchase that and do a full body application since I've already tried this product and they are the same price. It is $38CAD but I received two 2.0 fl oz/60mL squeeze tubes as part of a GWP.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I got 2 large samples of this recently with a purchase and OMG this stuff is AWESOME.. I first used it on my arms & I couldnt believe how tan I looked.. like a REAL tan, not orange at all.. And it soaks in nicely, no lines... So I tried it on my legs & the same thing.. awesome..

I havent used it on my face yet, but I will soon. I dont know how much it actually cost, but I'll probably end up buying it once these 2 freebies are finished.. That's how much I love this stuff. It is my HG now.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by smashmybox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does anyone else think that they have changed the formula for this tan in recent years? Ive used it for years now and its definately not the same as it used to be.. it comes out a different colour on your mit/hand - I think they may have either changed the ingredients or added a quick dry technology? I still think its better than a lot of other tans on the market but I much prefer the old formula..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JTel

I'm sure everyone can share a horrific, panic-inducing experience with self-tanners. Luckily, my experience with Lancome's Flash Bronzer Tinted Leg Gel is not one of them. At first when I saw the colour, I was scared as it was so molten-dark brown - like burnt caramel. But it smoothed easily and blended to a beautiful light-tan shade on my arms and legs. I did this about an hour before bed to let it dry and then the next morning, lo and behold, a really natural looking tan. Oh, I also exfoliated and moisturized my arms and legs before applying. The SA told me not to moisturize, as the colour won't be as pronounced, but just to be safe and avoid major streaking or blotchiness, that's what I did; I'd rather have less colour than some horrid mess to deal with the next morning lol. Ok, now here's a minor disaster within this glowing review. I took the care to even apply the bronzer on the top of my hands with a cotton pad to make sure it was even but when I looked at it the next morning, there was a nice big dark brown blotch on my right index knuckle and little streaks of dark dark brown on the top of my fingers. Yikes. But that's my own fault. So I'll definitely suggest you not to put it on the top of your hands. What I may try doing next time is adding some moisturizer to the bronzer and then doing the top of hands so it may be more diluted and gradual. Funny though, it looks like my knuckles are bruised now. My friends asked me if I knocked someone out. I scoffed and said yes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by roxrae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on my never ending quest for a decent believable self tanner. This is not it. The consistency is thin and it smells pretty strong. The color was very carroty and unrealistic on my skintone. The product has sparkles in it as well, which on my 43 year old skin, was not that great. I guess my technique is not perfected, but it really streaked and blotched around the bottoms of my legs and around my wrists. I had a very difficult time applying this evenly. One good thing is that it did wash off my hands fairly easily. My quest continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by MM43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having tried a multitude of self tanning products over the years, I can say with confidence that this one is quite good. My legs are resistant to self tanners, but this one actually works. It has a smooth silky texture that is easy to apply, a subtle bronze shimmer, a mild floral fragrance, does not streak, and provides an even tan. The best part is that a few hours after application it does not smell nearly as bad as other self tanners...but it does still stink. The color is really the only thing I would change, as it is ever so slightly orange. For some skin tones this will not work, but for my yellow/gold tone it is fine. Bottom line, in the world of stinky, ineffective self tanners, this is a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by lilnay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff irritated my sensitive skin and it smells horrible. Not to mention it stained my bedding and clothes. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jennifermus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG self tanner! I could literally not live without this product. I apply this and the face tanning gel to my entire body every other day. People ask me if I am Italian and I am Irish! It gives a very natural color, is very buildable, and fades naturally.