Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

on 4/13/2014 4:05:00 PM

Been using this since I was in middle school and I am now almost 22 years old. Always have and always will love this stuff. It tames my frizz and leaves my hair smooth and shiny. It's never heavy or greasy. This helps my hair blow dry smooth, soft, and also leaves my hair smelling great. Love Garnier Fructis products!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is holy grail status for me and at $3 its a steal!

on 3/26/2014 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I started using this many years ago due to the recommendation of my hair stylist, and this is coming from a high end salon where she could have recommended any pricey product sold there. I love this stuff and have continually repurchased, although a bottle lasts forever and it's so cheap. I thought I needed something more so I've tried high end products, but always wound up going back to this because I find this to be best for my long, medium thickness, dry hair. Plus, it smells amazing. I've even used this to scrunch my hair to make my curls more defined and less frizzy for when I'm too lazy to blow out my hair. Works better than any other curl product I've tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

To be honest, I don't really like this. It builds up on the hair quite quickly and causes the hair to feel dry and gross. I'm African American with 3C (curly kinky) hair that I only shampoo and condition (Bumble & Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and Herbal Essences The Sleeker The Butter Conditioner) every three days. I use this leave in along with the Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner daily. By the second or third day, my hair feels pretty heavy and gross from this. The smell is okay. It's not bad but it's not to die for. I would only use this in a pinch if I couldn't find something else to use. This product is cheap so it is tempting for me to keep on using it even though it only gives mediocre results. A little bit goes a long way. If you use too much, it will either make your hair greasy and cause build up eventually making your hair dry.

on 3/8/2014 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am very impressed with this product so far! I founf it while skimming through the hair care aisle in the drugstore, and at $4.19, i decided i would try it out for my extremely dull and dry and staticy winter hair. First off, i would give this 5 stars if it were not for the packaging. It has an awkward bottle cap that pulls up and a little hole where the product comes out. I think a tub would make more sense for the product, but thats just me. Also i had to squeeze the bottle really hard to get it out, so I am not a bug fan of the packagin, but then again I pretty much hate all the packaging on Garnier products... I apply this after i get out of the shower before i have combed it out, and then i apply after and BAM! I wake up with soft silky hair that feels lightweight, but not thin and limp, it adds an incredible amount of shine to your hair and it makes your hair color look SO RICH, no matter what your hair color is. I onyl appy to the bottom 2/3 of my hair and it is a miracle worker. If you have dry,staticy, dull, tangled, or frizzy hair, you should definitly pick this up.

on 2/9/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I probably won't ever run out of this. i only need a little. smells so good. was about $5 at cvs. makes blowdrying a breeze and my hair so smooth. i put it on wet hair. Work it in comb it in then blowdry.... haven't used it since oct tho since i cut my hair. ill start using it again because it recently grew back.
wee.... id buy it (:

on 11/21/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for the first time because my stylist had recommended a leave in treatment for my long, medium/fine, color-treated hair but I didn't want to spend a lot. It was a good price - I think under $5 Cdn at the Superstore - and there's a lot of product for the price; I'm still using the same bottle purchased over 6 months ago and now about halfway thru. It's surprisingly lightweight and doesn't drag my hair down. I only apply it down the length of my hair, not the roots.

I wash, blow dry and use a curling iron every day and use this stuff every day. I've recently starting mix it with 2 pumps of the L'Oreal Precious Oils Color Radiance - again, under $5 Cdn at the Superstore - and my hair is soft, shiny, bouncin' and behavin'! (I watch too much tv) Even before I started this hair cocktail, the Fructis stuff was great on its own.

Would def repurchase and fingers crossed the price will be as good next time :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. One one hand, it does seal up my ends (makes any possible split ends invisible) and makes my hair shine. On the other hand, I feel like my hair is clumpy and I couldn't possibly use this product on a regular basis. I've been using it on days where I let my hair dry naturally (it's curly and thick) and I stay indoors or tie it back...but not if I'm going out or as part of a 'normal day'. It's cheap and smells nice - but not a great must-have.

on 8/19/2013 3:43:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this so I feel I can safely give a review of this product.

It smooths my hair. I have a lot of little frizzy hairs that are all over the place and are very unappealing to me. I use just a little (that's the key!) and rub it between my palms. Then I LIGHTLY ghost it over my roots but the bulk of it hits the middle/end of my hair. I smooth it over the strands and then comb through a few times and my hair looks great.
I personally have to be careful with it around my roots because then it looks oily, but everywhere else on my hair it's fine.

on 8/16/2013 7:56:00 PM

I have wavy/curly hair. Also i swim almost all year round so my hair gets VERY dry and brittle. I started using this and i think it is wonderful without a doubt! I can scrunch it in my hair and it makes my hair feel soft and healthier. The only thing is you can't use too much. Only a dime size amount is needed for medium thick hair.