April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very long, straight, thin hair (my hair strands are thick but I just have few of them). I bought this because I have been having issues with frizz from what I presume is dry hair. I applied it to damp hair (on the ends and just a bit on the top of my head) and let it air dry at night, and it did smooth my hair and soften it. However, as the next day went on my hair became very heavy and TOO soft. I couldn't even braid my hair (my style of choice!) without it slipping out. It also became very flat and greasy looking.

I think this would be better for those with thicker hair. It did the job of smoothing out frizz but in the end it just made my hair very flat and too slick to style.

I bought it for $3 at Wal-Mart so at least I don't feel like I wasted too much money. I think I'll pass it on to my mom or boyfriend, who both have very thick curly hair.

Edit--I bumped this up 2 stars after I realized using significantly less was SO much better! I use this even if I've used regular conditioner! Just a pea sized amount since I have a pretty small amount of hair. Love it now! My hair is not frizzy and is nice and tame without being flat. Portion control! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently at the end of my second bottle and moving on to my third bottle. This works well with my hair. I squeeze out about 1-2 pea size amount and start applying it a little bit above my ears. I find that its best to use less if you use a straightener or curler because it gives off a weird smell if you have applied too much and using a heat tool. You just have to play around with the amount I suppose. I usually get this for about $3.99 at SDM which I think is a great price to pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this leave-in conditioner. One day I love it and the next day I can't believe I would put it on my hair again! I have long, straight, fine hair so I need a great leave-in, especially near my roots. If applied while wet and then blow dried, it actually takes longer to dry and makes my hair feel thicker. Absolutely love that! On other days, it seems to make my hair sticky and very tangled. I'm not sure if it is the weather or too much product build up. I use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to get all products out of my hair so that could be it. Having fine hair does make product build up a lot easier. When I apply this leave-in to dry hair, I only apply it to my ends.
When it comes to packing, I love it! Very simple to use, doesn't become clogged, and easy to control how much product comes out. The amount of leave-in you get for the price (around $4) isn't bad at all.
Overall, I would recommend this product because it does help tremendously some days. Definitely wouldn't call it my HG. Still looking for a better leave-in.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I wanted to love this, seeing that it has such a wallet-friendly price tag especially for how much comes in a bottle, and I could just run it through my hair and be on my way. But it seems Garnier products just don't seem to work well for me, leaving it with some uncomfortable-feeling hair, whether it's a dry, limp texture, heavy weight, or in the case of their Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream, a heavy, waxy coat. After an hour letting my hair air-dry, when I ran my hands through my hair the conditioner would come off on my hands! It never absorbed. I thought maybe it was because the first time I used this was fresh out of the shower, after having already used a regular conditioner in the shower which probably kept it from absorbing. When my frustrated self ended up rinsing out the conditioning cream, my hair was incredibly soft! ... But you're not supposed to rinse out the conditioning cream, so I'm not sure that the softness was a result of the regular conditioner or the Garnier one.

So the next time I used this cream, I shampooed and skipped my regular conditioner to see if this product performed better. Even using the recommended quarter-size amount of the conditioner, my hair still felt weighed down even after fully air-drying. I ended up rinsing out the cream... again... before my hair started to feel soft to the touch like it would with just my regular conditioner.

This product did condition my hair, but it seems I should only use less than the quarter-size amount directed on the bottle to get the softness I need. But honestly, this product forced me to take more time to take care of my hair than to shorten the time after having to rinse it (even though the bottle instructs not to). And the waxy feeling was just so horrible I'm not even sure I'd recommend it for those with dry hair.

I was using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner before I ran out, which is a few bucks more but much lighter weight and doesn't make me do double the work to condition my hair when I'm in a hurry. I'll find a way to use up the bottle of Garnier's conditioning cream (maybe even just treat it like a regular conditioner, because that's pretty much the only way I've gotten it to work), but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a big fan of this product.. It did leave my hair looking shiny but I was hoping it'd control my frizzy curly hair as well, I was wrong :/ I can't say I'd reccomend it, pretty disappointing :/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

I'm a guy and I have coarse thick black hair, this stuff leaves my hair soft and fluffy I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This made my thick hair very tangled. It also made my hair feel like I had major buildup. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this product. Although it didn't do anything bad to my hair, I didn't notice anything good that it did either. It seemed to just kind of sit there, no matter how much or how little I smoothed in. My ends were still dry after using this for a while and it didn't smooth out any frizziness. Maybe it would work for thinner, less damaged hair?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by xChocobunny

The paackaging was nice- no awkward half broken-caps. However, this did the absolute opposite for my hair. It made it MORE frizzy-looking. If I moved even one strand out of place, a couple strands will go with it and then when I let go, it just droops awkwardly on my head. I found that out the hard way- imagine that on a windy day. My hair is thick is not that frizzy to begin with, depends on the weather. Another plus I guess was that I think my hair colour lightened a bit more? It's been two months since I last died it and with Liese bubble hair dye, it usually lightens to it's actual colour in a week so I'm certain it wasn't the hairdye lightening still as adding this product to my routine was the only thing that changed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

I don't buy regular conditioner anymore, just use this stuff after showering with a natural shampoo. It seems to work! Hair feels so soft and shiny. I like that I can really work it into the ends. I have really fine hair, and never had a problem with it feeling too greasy!