October 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Body Scrubs - Neutrogena - Energizing Sugar Body Scrub-Fresh Citrus

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by hesterC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing, starting with the smell! This is anything BUT a fresh citrus, I can't place it but it's musty and sickly as all hell, very strange. The sugar crystals are too sparse and disappear too soon. I like the oiled feel of my skin afterward, but no, this almost does not exfoliate at all. Big loser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by angelfiyah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I alwayz have it on hand. I love to use it after I shave my legs. I use it on my feet and elbow... all over. I feel so soft ... it gives me an amazing glow and the smell is really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by zeje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I was using this in the shower I felt that the sugar in the scrub dissolved too quickly. I have used other scrubs with coarser sugar granules and was under the impression that I get better exfoliation in the shower. So with that being said, please don't let the fact that this scrub has finer granules fool you. My skin was so incredibly soft, I mean baby soft afterward. The bf could not keep his hands off, and honestly neither could I. I did not think I would get this kind of effect from this scrub. I also really like the citrus smell, always wakes me up. I took off one lippie bc I feel that jar is too small for the price and I will run through it quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bgeorge89

I am astonished at all the negative reviews on this scrub. This is my HG body scrub -- it makes my skin feel so luxuriously soft and smooth. Cannot live without it. To the people saying the sugar crystals dissolve too fast -- it's a sugar scrub, you're not supposed to use it while wet. Common sense will tell you that sugar dissolves when wet. Doesn't take that much thought, don't give it a bad review due to your poor judgment.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

I was given this as a gift. It's REALLY aromatic and the citrus scent smells pretty. (not like lemon pledge) That's where the Pro's end. Onto the Con's the scrub is OILY and left my skin feeling gross like I had dipped myself into a deep fryer. I tried to wash the film off but the water just beaded off of it. The worst part is that the oil coats the bottom of the shower and makes it dangerously slippery and it won't go away with subsequent showers. I almost fell a couple of times trying to step out of my shower. Had I hurt myself I can honestly say that Neutrogena would be buying me a house. I would only recommend this for the driest of dry skin and only if they have those nonslip flowery things in their shower.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewers have stated, the sugar crystals dissolve before you can even begin to exfoliate your skin. It also leaves a weird film on my skin. The only thing I liked about it is the scent - it smells very fresh and citrusy. Would not recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product had very little sugar and ALOT of oil. Good smell but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by scorpio1273

I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for 2.99 unfortunatly I cannot find it anywhere anymore. I think it may be discontinued in Canada :(. Anyways this is the first body scrub I have ever used and I loved the moisture it left on my skin and how it exfoliated my skin and didnt cause my skin to breakout or become really red or dry whih is what most scrubs do. This is a favorite and I will probably resort to stalking up online with this product. Since I have been buying scrub after scrub to find one similar to this..
edit finally found this but its like 12.49 oh well this stuff is heaven in a jar and so worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Phynesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product before I read the reviews so I was a bit aprehensive about using it after reading the negative reviews on here. I rubbed the scrub onto my dry skin using a damp washcloth and using circular motions. I then jumped into the shower and washed using a exfoliator and my usual shower gel. The scrub does leave a film, the sugar does not last long and is slippery but it reduced my dry flaking skin significantly. I would repurchase but only if it was on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Ice999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess all the people giving this product negative reviews just don't have skin as dry as mine! In the summer, it gets so my skin all over my body feels uncomfortable and tight, even sore after a shower. This scrub is a great solution for that since it leaves a layer of moisture on my body that lasts all day, and it's a lifesaver on those mornings I don't have time to apply my body lotion. I did not find the 'film' everyone is talking about to be anything greasy or unpleasant, but simply like I had already put on a light moisturizer. It's quite a light scrub so can be used every day even on thin skin. The smell adds some luxury to what would otherwise be a utilitarian product - it's like buttery lemon, yum! The downside is it's pretty messy, so probably best saved for the shower unless you want to spend ages cleaning globs of the stuff out your tub. For the price though, I'm giving this five lippies.

I actually prefer this to the much hyped Origins/Philosophy scrubs which I found too drying and soapy.