August 21, 2014 | 1516 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find this liner to be overpriced and the quality to be very similar to drugstore. I find other brands such MUFE to be superior. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate this. Color is nice but it slips and slides off my eye in about an hour. I end up with raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

This one has a slightly brown tone to it if you swatch it next to perversion or black velvet. Still very black and I like it as a day pencil. These pencils are creamy, pigmented and if you don't put them on right they will smudge. If I use them in my waterline I bring them with for a touch up and I also keep a couple of the cotton swabs with the pointed ends (get them at the dollar store) for touch ups. I also prime the undereye with a little HD powder to help the sticking power. Unfortunately these are not the slap it on and forget about them pencils. They need work and touching up if that's what you are looking for these will probably be a fail for you. If you don't mind the touch up and the prep you will probably like these. This one is a good black for someone who doesn't want the uber dramatic black but still wants something dark. Oh and don't wear these on a super emotional day (wedding) you may end up with Racoon eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by theduhanswer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this pencil is yucky, and i don't get the hype. the liner itself feels greasy. it requires a primer to stay put. zero is not "black," it is "wishy washy lukewarm black." forget about the waterline; getting this to stick to your waterline is like watching magnets repel each other. boooooooo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this product was overrated. I couldn't even make it through my stick, which killed me because it cost $20. The pencil was practically a liquidy slip n' slide, which was cool to put on but not cool for staying in place. It did dry and stay nicely after awhile, but it took an hour sometimes. The biggest problem I had though with applying was that the sharp wood would sometimes graze my skin, it really hurt! It like wow, ow! What the hell. I'm not sure what the heck that was about. Maybe it's because I used my normal eyeliner sharperner and didn't purchase grind house, but I wasn't about to drop $10 for a special sharpener for 1 stick of eyeliner I felt luke warm about.
I was just really surprised this was so popular, I was unhappy with it.
It's been a few years for me and I'm thinking of revisiting the cult classic, but I'll have to see some kind of special deal for the pencil though cause I can't stomach dropping $20 to get my eyes stabbed again. I guess this pencil is good if you don't mind sharpening every other day to make it super sharp to use, which wastes a lot of product. Maybe it works better with grind house. Just seems like high maintenance that isn't worth it.
I'll be sticking with NYX for the time being.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Clairce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought lots of UD pencils and the colours are lovely. They go on easily bit are soft so I find myself using an eye liner brush. I won't purchase again though as I find they don't last long (not on your face I mean in general a few sharpens and they are nearly gone) so I'm in the lookout for a different new eyeliner when they run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Hermione87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't like these pencils at all! I got a gift set with three different pencils in it and was so excited to try them out. But they're too thick, you can't get a nice slim line even when it's sharpened to within an inch of its life. And it can't be smudged or even corrected easily if you make a little mistake. Can't get right into the lash line. Also doesn't stay on the inner corner of the eye at all! Not worth the hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice soft pencil, I also like to use a liquid to get a blacker sharper line with it. Its better for thicker lines alone. When it gets older it seems to get softer. It dosent tug or break like other pencils. I don't think it would work for the inside water line as others have noticed. Ive never done that myself. I think its by far the best eye liner pencil Ive used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

I love eyeliner and buy tons of it, pencil, liquid, creme etc. I dont believe in spending too much on eyeliner and usually buy drugstore eyeliners and have found some great ones (Loreal and Prestige blackest black come to mind for pencils, Milani and NYX for liquid)-with that being said--the additional money spend on this is NOT a waste. It is a superior product. It def lasts much longer (all day) than regular drug store pencils, glides on very smoothly and when sharpened properly makes a fantastic and steady line, some of the creamier pencil liners dont actually sharpen up to a fine tip, but this one does. I have swatched Perversion which seems to be an awesomely intense deep deep black (which i love) in the stores a lot and keep wanting to try it, however, it always smudges on my hand more so than Zero. I go through eyeliners so much i dont know if its worth buying these all the time, but with that said, yes this pencil is budge-proof and smudge-proof and lasts all day for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been purchasing this eyeliner pencil for almost four years now. Although I have ventured out to try different eyeliners, I always come back to Urban Decay. I love the fact that it is a pencil that can be sharpened, not a twist-up, because I often find it difficult to get a fine point for making a precise line in twistable eyeliners. The pigmentation on the 24/7 is amazing and the application is smooth. This is the richest, blackest black pencil I have used (believe me, I have tried a lot!), and a new shade "Perversion" just came out that is even darker and bolder. I prefer "Zero", however, because it is a little less pigmented, so it is easier to apply and more wearable. I also have the 24/7 pencil in "Rockstar", which is a matte eggplant color with the same great pigmentation and consistency as "Zero" and "Perversion".
I read that some people experienced issues with the staying power of this eyeliner. These eyeliners are very rich and pigmented, so if not applied properly, they can smudge, especially if you have oily skin/lids like me. I do this method myself and would recommend using this pencil with a good face primer before you apply your face makeup, or eye makeup if you don't wear face makeup, and then using a primer specifically designed for eyes. I like the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but less expensive drug store eye primers work well too. If you are not controlling your skin at the source before you put makeup on, you won't have as good of results.
This eyeliner is on the pricier side, but it will last you a few months, like any normal eye pencil, and the results this eyeliner gives in comparison to others I have tried is phenomenal. I hope this will help those of you struggling with making this eyeliner work and those of you thinking about giving it a try. Hope you all can enjoy this eyeliner like I have :)