Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Paraffin, Buxus Chinensis (Jojoba), Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) (CI 77000), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bronze Powder (CI 77400) (CI 77400), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

on 12/23/2014 7:03:00 PM

As much as I love Urban Decay shadows, I just can't love the Glide On Pencils in any color. I do have Zero and the dark brown color that I can't remember at the moment. Pros: creamy, intense beautiful colors, glides on without tugging or pulling, smudges out nicely for initial application Cons: Needs constant sharpening, while it does okay on my upper lash line, it has no staying power even with topping off with a matching color shadow to set or MUFE Aqua Seal + powder shadow on lower lash line, smudges (not the kind of smudging out that softens or smokes out a look, but the BAD kind), does not stay on waterline beyond five minutes even with a double application. For the price, I feel that these eye liners should be bullet proof.

on 12/20/2014 9:51:00 AM

So disappointed in these eyeliners! They are smooth and creamy, apply like a dream and come in beautiful colors. But 24/7? HA! These are gone from my eyes in just a couple of hours. So expensive for something that doesn't last and gives you raccoon eyes. I bought the set of 4 double-ended pencils that is out for Christmas. So sorry I wasted the money.

on 12/17/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this with some Urban Decay eye-shadows. The eyeliner Smudges and doesn't stay. The worst things for an eyeliner to do. Do not recommend and will not purchase.

on 12/6/2014 6:11:00 AM

A great classic black color that won't budge or smudge. Great staying power, intensity of the shade itself and opaque coverage. Can be also used as a base for a dark eyeshadow.

Overall - I am very impressed with the quality of this eyeliner. If you want to go ever blacker - you can opt for Perversion one.

I do love this 24/7 glide on range and think these are so far the best pencil eyeliners that I have tried so far.
If you need a second opinion on how these work and what other shades are nice, you can check this blog post below:

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh. Sooty, inky, jet black, buttery soft and smooth, but also extremely smudgy. I can't deal with the smearing and smudginess. Only use this if you're looking for a messy, smeared rock star type of black eyeliner look.

on 10/21/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought Zero as well as Demolition and Rockstar as a holiday set. Since I've never tried their 24/7 pencil eyeliners and it was a good deal, I couldn't resist their deal.

Zero is a black pencil liner but not as intense as Perversion. On me, it's a muted black and it's great for everyday use. If you want to use a liner for a smoky eye or if you love a deep black liner, this will not be the liner for you. I was disappointed that this color wasn't as intense as I thought and compared with other liners, both high end and drugstore, it wasn't as black as I'm used to.

I do love the creaminess and the longevity of the liner as it stays put all day and doesn't smudge. A deal breaker for me is seeing an eyeliner smudge onto my crease or the outer corners of my bottom lash line. I'm happy to report that I have not experienced this issue with any of their 24/7 pencil liners.

Though I would not repurchase this color specifically, I am curious to check out Perversion as well as Whiskey and Bourbon.

on 10/11/2014 6:03:00 PM

This is my go-to, absolute favorite eyeliner! I got the Zero shade in the Naked eyeliner set as a gift awhile ago. This eyeliner is incredibly creamy, and as the name suggests, it really does glide on nicely. It's really useful for a smudgy, smoky look around the eyes, though I usually wear this black color on my top eyelid for my everyday look. I've had no problems with smudging during the day or fading. The only fault I see with this eyeliner is that it's not super pigmented for a black pencil -- if you're looking for the deepest, darkest black liner on the market, then this pencil is probably not for you. I like a black liner that I can wear casually and that is easy to apply, and so this eyeliner is perfect for me!

on 9/13/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I had this product several years ago, and I LOVED it. Smooth, easy to apply, gave me just the smudged look that I loved. However, the second time I bought this, the eyeliner was a lot more difficult to apply. It tugged on my eyelids, and I ended up wasting product because I would have to sharpen every time I used it. Even with sharpening, the eyeliner stick inside had separated from the pencil, meaning that putting on eyeliner was always a challenge, especially as the pencil got shorter and shorter. It also seemed like it had dried out, and was no longer as pigmented and creamy, even though I always put the cap on after using. I will not buy again, although I might try Perversion.

I love this eyeliner. Once I apply it, it does not come off until you use eye make up remover. I will definitely try out other colors in this line.

This is a decently average black eyeliner. While I love Urban Decay's eyeliners and their unique shade range, this one is pretty weak. Perversion would *probably* work better for those who want blackest black. This is good for those aiming to use black eyeliner as a safe, everyday look.
That being said, with simpler shades like this you really don't have to break the bank. (Rimmel Scandaleyes is just as good, but way less shades)

Top Rated Urban Decay Products