August 27, 2014 | 1768 users online

Powder - Trish McEvoy - Mineral Powder Foundation ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by raindop01

this is a great powder. although, as a foundation, it is not as good as other brands. it can be used alone as light coverage w/ a "foundation" feel or it can be used on top of liquid/cream foundation as a powder for extra coverage. not exactly sheer coverage but not too heavy either.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by LVHunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got the product, I loved it. It gave good coverage, evened out my skin and made my face feel like velvet. But, a week into using it, I started to get huge, under the skin pimples. I had to return it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. At first I was on the fence but not that I have the application down I really like it. I use a flat brush and dip it in the pan, pat it onto my skin and then blend. The coverage is sheer but it evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look smooth and flawless. Plus this lasted all day on me. I am NW20 and used the lightest shade Buff.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dgpampppp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my first review, but i felt i had to share. i really wanted to like this product because it had such good reviews but it broke me out. i looked on the back of the package and saw that it had safflower oil as one of the ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by audge723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this about two weeks now and I like it alot. I dont get as oily and greasy as i do when I use LM MMU. the only downside is you need to put it in a planner page or compact bec it doesnt come in anything. It is a pressed powder, not loose. The coverage is light. You can build it up alone or use it on top of a TM or light liq. foundation. i def. recommend for you to try this one out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

I have a Trish make up planner and love the overall system. Being a product junkie I needed to streamline my routine. I had stored my make up in a very heavy and large "train case" from Sephora. It worked just fine but I felt burdened by my absurd amount of make up when I rarely used all of it.

Enter: the Trish Planner. I've been using it since I got it for Christmas and love the system. I have my shadows, brushes, blush, concealer, liners, etc. all in a convenient package. I've used Bare Minerals for 4 years and swear by it but it just didn't work well with my Planner. I needed the space for my eye lash curler!

I went out on a limb and bought the Trish Mineral Foundation hoping to replace my much loved Bare Minerals for two reasons: it travels better/no mess; it fits into a planner page.

How disappointed I am. The coverage stinks! I have zit issues which are probably slightly worse than your average female. I need the flexibility to build up more coverage when I'm having a flare up or keep it more sheer when I just want to even things out a little. This Trish product doesn't allow me to build up coverage. I might as well be sweeping on translucent face powder.

I also can't ignore the cost: $35 for a square of foundation that will probably not last that long. BM is $25 and will last over three months (plus I get the coverage I want!).

I wanted to love this REALLY badly but am sad to say I won't purchase it again.

What a disappointment and a waste of money. Back to square one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this as I had a GC to Saks and wanted to use it up. I already use MMU, so I really don't need any and finding a shade is almost impossible in dept. stores, even w/MMU. Saw this, purchased Bare (lightest shade made) and must say, it is quite nice! No shiny, metal look, no itching, no changeing color. It melts into the skin in about 5 minutes and does NOT look powdery. Now, it is NOT light enough for this uber pale person (Alima Lily/C-0). HOWEVER, there is a NEW TM MMU product called Duo Highlighting Mineral Powder (debut in the Resort Travel set). Sweep the LIGHTER of the two shades over the TM BARE and it is PERFECTION!!! Now, when I see "highlighting" I think shimmer; not in this shade. It lightens and brightens beautifully. I sincerely hope this shades is brought out on it's own (the other I guess I'll use as an e/s) because it is perfect for those of us who need a really light color. I like how Trish has everything packaged to fit into her planners; I hate traveling w/loose powders due to mess. By popping her Bare MMU and this Highlight into a compact, I am good to go w/foundation that ALSO has a sunscreen built in and no mess. Bravo Trish!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by enialennyl

So far, so good! I wanted to try a mineral powder foundation but the other brands out there like BE seemed so messy (loose powder) to put on. One day, I was at Neiman Marcus looking for a mineral powder and the nice woman I bought my moisturizer from recommended TM. I must have bought something from every counter there except TM. TM had a pressed powder one. At first I bought the color honey (which was dark but it was summer and I was darker than normal). Then 2 months later when I was back to my normal complexion, I noticed it was too dark, so I bought another color natural. Together (honey and natural), it was the perfect color for me! I have such a hard time finding the right color because I have strong yellow undertones. Also, it feels so light, like you have nothing on. Another plus for me was that it didn't break me out or make my face look shiny. I have combination skin. The only downside was that it was expensive, 2 colors cost 35 a piece, you have to buy the compact to put it in (large = 22) and you need a brush. But I love it and you can't put a price on something that makes you look good and when you look good, you feel good!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Just starting to test drive this one. I will update in a week or so. Trish McEvoy formulations are generally quite brilliant. They excel because of what she DOESN'T put in. Her blushes and bronzers are especially kind to breakout prone sensitive skin. Of course, the fact that she's married to a prominent dermatologist is probably very helpful. ;)
UPDATE (12/12/07): So I waited at least two weeks so as to not jinx this, LOL. I also had to slog thru days of peeling from the "cold from hell", SD flare up from Alima, and the switch from the .3% differin gel back to the .1%.

Today, I look absolutely airbrushed. TM is not as heavy as JI pressed. As other reviewers have said, it is sheer but it's lovely.

Two weeks ago when I went to the TM counter, the young SA whipped out "Bare" and she and I had verbal fistacuffs over the shade. She insisted - her assistant told me that she was a licensed esthetician and had worked for Trish for several years....yada yada....that she had just come back from the Sherman/TM skincare center in New York and she knew what she was doing....

Anyway, I had to admit it looked lovely but surely, this champagne shade couldn't be right? But I recalled an excellent review by another MAC C3 MUA'er who said "bare" turned out to indeed be her shade. So I purchased and left.

I, of course, had to order the "beige" from nordstrom.com....just to be sure. And....sure enough, the young SA was right. The "beige" was way too orange for this golden/yellow face.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Jojoba Esters, Tocopherol, Safflower Oil, Pinus Strobus Bark Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,. May contain: Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by cougess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at Saks because I have been looking for a powder foundation. I've tried Armani, Estee Lauder and Chanel and had been using Chantecaille real skin (although its not really a powder). I LOVE this stuff. I have normal/oily skin. I use a foundation stick to cover the sun damage (i.s. brown spots) on my cheekbones and trish concealer - then apply this all over my face with a brush (currently using a blush brush). The product stays all day, looks natural, my face does not get oily and no retouching needed. I have been using it for a week - and no breakout issues either. I wish it came with a palette, but since it works so well, I don't mind. Will definately buy again and am contemplating chucking all my liquid foundations!