April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is... well, a bit shit to be honest. I paid $24NZD for it and gave up after two weeks. I'm tempted to bin it because I have an unhealthy level of hatred for it but I'll probably just pass it on to a friend (with a full and frank disclaimer on How It Didn't Work For Me). I've used (and loved) Sally Hansen Rapid Dri top coat, several nail colours and a really lovely apricot cuticle cream but this... this was beyond disappointing. I have weak, soft nails, prone to layers splitting and peeling at the tips and I followed the instructions dutifully only to find it peeling off in shreds less than 48 hours later. I removed it and started again, thinking perhaps I'd not allowed enough time for my L'Occitane nail cream to absorb - nope, same thing again. I tried again, with polish over to help seal it and no... still didn't work.
Ironically, in a fit of pique, I went out and bought $3 calcium basecoat from a dollar store range to replace it and it's about a million times better and my nails have actually improved significantly since using it.
So, thanks for that (and nothing else) Sally Hansen Miracle Cure of Nothingness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best growth product I have ever used. My sad little nails are soft and they peel easily. When I am using the Miracle Cure, I can actually grow strong nails. If I'm not using it for a while, my nails will not grow. I've tried all kinds of growth products: salon formulations, special products I've seen on a home shopping channel, and just about anything you can buy in a drugstore or beauty supply shop. Miracle Cure beats them all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by madebykate1983

Did not work at all!!! I used it as the instructions said and after one day the nail polish itself was peeling off my nails, along with my nail!!! I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and continued using it for about a week and it made my nails so much worse!!
Totally disappointed in SH!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this does not work and it DEFINITELY doesnt work in three days as the box guarantees. I have soft bendy, peeling nails and Ive been using it as directed for over 3 months now and have seen little to no improvement. I will be contacting customer service, ive attempted once and was hung up on. save your money especially at 7 dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me. At all. I was expecting stonger, healthier nails; what I got was brittle, slighty longer, nails...the polish gets these werid bubbles as soon as you put it on--it peels off easily. I really did not see improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying several good and not so good brands for split nails, I decided to give this one a go.

Nail growth has never been and issue but splitting nails has. Do to my splitting nail problem is that I decided to go with acrylic nails for many many years. When I moved to Europe I had to give up that luxury as it was ridiculously expensive to get these done. So I endured the pain of seeing my nails peel for a couple of years now. I hated putting nail polish on because 9 out of 10 times my nails would start splitting the day after.

I purchased Miracle Cure about two months ago and can comfortably review it as "my" miracle. I have applied this product religiously for the past couple of months and only once has one of my nails split from the side (unlike from the top edges as before).

I remove the nail polish every 3 days, wash my hands right after and then proceed to apply two coats of Miracle Cure.

Will I purchase this again, most definitely. My base coat forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just got this product recently after suffering from some major nail breakage/peeling due to a new nail polish. I know that Sally Hansen nail products are relatively good so I figure it wouldn't hurt to give this one a try.

I am not so overly concerned with the length of my nails; I would much rather have short but healthy, thick nails than long brittle ones. So I got this product and started using it right away. I have used it for 3 days; according to the packaging nails should improve within 3 days... and mine actually have.
My nails typically tend to peel and break after using polish. Just a few days of wearing the polish my nails started freaking out recently... peeling and breaking all over; I believe I had 3 broken nails and 3 others that were peeling severely.

After applying this product to my nails I realized that they were much brighter. I have another nail brightening product that I got from Sally's. It's not the same as this because it is ticker, more purple in the bottle, and makes nails slightly purplish (in certain lighting)... though unfortunately it peels off within a day or two. I do not have the same problem with this product. It has a really nice, watery consistency so it goes on smooth with no air bubbles whatsoever. It dries super quick as well and can be layered on itself daily without cracking or peeling.

As I mentioned, I have worn this on my nails for 3 days and so far have not experienced any chipping at all. My nails look much shinier, brighter, and healthier. They look and feel stronger, though I do not know how well that is going to last after I take this product off.

It does the job and hopefully over time it will strengthen my nails more. I plan on using this as a base coat since polish damages my nails so much. Hopefully this product will prevent that in the future. Not sure whether or not I will repurchase this particular version again since there are so many other Sally Hansen nail strengthening products I have yet to try. I only have one issue with it - the price. You'd think that for nearly $8 this bottle would be twice the size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first purchased this product months ago, and I can't have liked it very much as I relegated it for use as a pedicure base coat (where all of my dud treatments/bases end up). I finally got round to using it for pedicures, and after several weeks of use noticed that my toenails seemed a lot brighter, smoother and less ridged. As I couldn't quite remember what I hadn't liked about it as a fingernail treatment, I decided to re-try it as I was impressed with these results.

Well after a couple of times using this, all of its bad points came flooding back to me. Used alone as a treatment, Miracle Cure chips straight away, leading to it peeling off quite quickly. That can of course be rectified by adding another coat each day (as the chips aren't noticeable with it being clear) but sadly this is not the only problem.

On the nails that it does manage to stay on, horizontal "cracks" started to appear on the surface of my nail. I assumed this was the polish itself cracking, but when it is removed I am left with horizontal white lines on my nail where the crack was, that I can feel are shallow cracks in my nail. I don't even know how this would happen, I can only guess that the formula of the polish means it is not flexible once dry, so if my nails are knocked/bent due to daily wear and tear the polish can't cope and badly cracks? As dry and damaged as my nails are, they have never achieved cracks like this by themselves.

I have also used Miracle Cure as a base coat under polish, and the results weren't bad. my nails did seem to be left more moisturised upon removal of polish and there was no sign of the weird cracks, but my polish did not last as long as with my regular base coat.

I would therefore not re-purchase Miracle Cure. I seem to be having better luck (so far) with Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Growth treatment, so I will stick with that until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually have very healthy and strong nails but had a couple of issues that got me looking at nail treatments and I finally settled on this one. I used it religiously for a while (while growing out a damaged nail). When I had the product on, my nails looked good and didn't peel or break easily but if I skipped an application (every other day) my nails looked awful.

Without the treatment on, my nails weren't any healthier than before treatment. It's only useful when on the nail and when applied every other day in thin coats.

By the time I get halfway through a bottle the remaining product gets thick and goopy and it's very hard to apply a thin coat without bubbles.

It's an ok product but I don't think I'll use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does sweet F-A for my nails.