August 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have naturally long, strong, healthy nails that always look fabulous...on my left hand. Since I am right handed, the nails on this hand tend to peel and then break especially on my index finger. I couldn't grow a long nail on my index finger for almost a year. And it would always look silly, because my left hand looks like I have acrylic or gel nails. I got a coupon for this treatment and I wasn't expecting anything from it, I bought it as a base coat. I apply 1 layer once a week as a base coat and I can see the difference. My nails are finally the same length. I'm not sure if it works for everyone, but it really helped me. I do recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW. Just wow!! This is the best nail product I have ever used, bar none.

My nails have been peeling like a mofo lately. I had a beautiful natural manicure that I worked really hard on and my friends all went squee over. For the first time in my life my nails were naturally stunning. And then my boss asked me to pack boxes for a week. My nails snapped off in short order and dried up so badly that NOTHING would remoisturize them. Nothing. They peeled, and peeled, and peeled some more and my cuticles went ragged. I went from having model hands to having tips like a bag lady. It was horrible!!! I had to clip everything off multiple times because of the flaking. I rubbed lotions of all kinds on and nothing helped. I tried a topcoat to stop the peeling, that didn't work at all, it just peeled off the next day. My nails have been a mess for eight weeks with no help in sight.

I bought this on a whim when I went to find the blue SH strengthening gel thinking that the gel would give me some moisture and relief from peeling so I could grow my nails back out again. I saw this and thought, Why Not. I bought both.

I applied it every other day three times, three coats in six days, after clipping everything off and starting with nothing AGAIN. I also applied the gel for three days.

I have no tips but what I DO have are shiny, hard, gorgeous little jewels that, as they are growing out, show no signs of peeling. This stuff didn't even start chipping until day 5 and then it was minimal and because it's clear you can't even tell and it was only on the tips, just barely, and only on my thumbs because I used them to open cat food cans. This treatment also doesn't shrink back immediately from the tips like Seche Vite does. So far so good!

I removed everything and started over last night because I have an event to go to and wanted what I do have to look perfect. I still don't have any real tips yet but I love how shiny and hard this makes my nails look, like I do have some sort of manicure. I soaked, removed, clipped cuticles, soaked some more, dried, and applied two coats of this.

This stuff is just flat out **awesome**. It is hard as he11 and oh so shiny! My tips are just barely starting to grow back and I am not seeing any flaking! I will add another last coat before my event tonight for extra shine and hardness. This stuff dries relatively fast too so no worries there as long as you are careful. My look right now is formal enough for an event but is great for daytime too. I am so happy with this, I think it literally saved my nails - and in a few weeks maybe I'll be able to have real tips and my done up look back again!

This is fantastic used alone but I suspect would make a fantastic bottom AND topcoat too. Seche who??

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not one to be easily disappointed by products, but I did not like this one bit. I had nails looking a bit worse for wear, so I thought I'd give it a go. I swear my nails are worse now than they were before I bought them. And for the first time in my life, when I painted my nails with this as base coat, they went yellow. I thought that's what this was supposed to prevent! I went out and bought a new base coat/strengthener, and this one will probably go in the bin, which is such a waste of money. I might use it on my toes, just so I don't feel wasteful...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

my nails are generally on the weak side but recently I went over-kill with nail polish and this caused them to become brittle and peel. anyway I picked up a bottle of this stuff hoping for a quick fix, my nails were in a pretty bad shape after I tried a new type of polish on them.

as the box instructed I applied a coat every alternative day and I noticed the difference on day 3. the peeling stopped, my nails seem to harden a bit.

I've used it for a week so far and pretty pleased with the results, this one delivers :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is... well, a bit shit to be honest. I paid $24NZD for it and gave up after two weeks. I'm tempted to bin it because I have an unhealthy level of hatred for it but I'll probably just pass it on to a friend (with a full and frank disclaimer on How It Didn't Work For Me). I've used (and loved) Sally Hansen Rapid Dri top coat, several nail colours and a really lovely apricot cuticle cream but this... this was beyond disappointing. I have weak, soft nails, prone to layers splitting and peeling at the tips and I followed the instructions dutifully only to find it peeling off in shreds less than 48 hours later. I removed it and started again, thinking perhaps I'd not allowed enough time for my L'Occitane nail cream to absorb - nope, same thing again. I tried again, with polish over to help seal it and no... still didn't work.
Ironically, in a fit of pique, I went out and bought $3 calcium basecoat from a dollar store range to replace it and it's about a million times better and my nails have actually improved significantly since using it.
So, thanks for that (and nothing else) Sally Hansen Miracle Cure of Nothingness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best growth product I have ever used. My sad little nails are soft and they peel easily. When I am using the Miracle Cure, I can actually grow strong nails. If I'm not using it for a while, my nails will not grow. I've tried all kinds of growth products: salon formulations, special products I've seen on a home shopping channel, and just about anything you can buy in a drugstore or beauty supply shop. Miracle Cure beats them all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by madebykate1983

Did not work at all!!! I used it as the instructions said and after one day the nail polish itself was peeling off my nails, along with my nail!!! I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and continued using it for about a week and it made my nails so much worse!!
Totally disappointed in SH!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this does not work and it DEFINITELY doesnt work in three days as the box guarantees. I have soft bendy, peeling nails and Ive been using it as directed for over 3 months now and have seen little to no improvement. I will be contacting customer service, ive attempted once and was hung up on. save your money especially at 7 dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me. At all. I was expecting stonger, healthier nails; what I got was brittle, slighty longer, nails...the polish gets these werid bubbles as soon as you put it on--it peels off easily. I really did not see improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying several good and not so good brands for split nails, I decided to give this one a go.

Nail growth has never been and issue but splitting nails has. Do to my splitting nail problem is that I decided to go with acrylic nails for many many years. When I moved to Europe I had to give up that luxury as it was ridiculously expensive to get these done. So I endured the pain of seeing my nails peel for a couple of years now. I hated putting nail polish on because 9 out of 10 times my nails would start splitting the day after.

I purchased Miracle Cure about two months ago and can comfortably review it as "my" miracle. I have applied this product religiously for the past couple of months and only once has one of my nails split from the side (unlike from the top edges as before).

I remove the nail polish every 3 days, wash my hands right after and then proceed to apply two coats of Miracle Cure.

Will I purchase this again, most definitely. My base coat forever!