Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 4/23/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm one of those lucky women who is blessed with long lashes, so my main concern normally is to find a mascara that enhances that, without clumping (trust me, with all those ‘voluminazing’ mascaras, that is no small task), and finally went back to basic: This mascara works for me, darkens my lashes, enhance them without clumping, and last the whole day.

Iīve been using this mascara for years and let me say, this is hands down the best mascara for my lashes.
I have tried many mascaras from drugstore to high-end and I always come back to this one.
Let me give you the facts about my lashes, so you can decide, if this could work for you.
My lashes are straight and very average. Not much lenght, dark brown to black colour with lighter ends and not too many lashes.
The mascara has a fiber brush, that is incredibly good at coating your lashes with mascara and at the same time separating them. The formula of the mascara is also very good. Not too liquid and not too thick. The mascara doesnīt dry out or get clumpy very quick, which is also practical.
I always have to use a lash curler (mine is from MAC) to open my eyes, because my lashes are really straight.
I apply 2 to 3 coats of the mascara and -like magic- my lashes look very good.
The mascara transforms my kind of blah lashes into very nice va-va-voom lashes by providing more lenght, more volume and black colour. Especially the lenghtening effect is pretty good. In addition to that, my lashes look extremely natural. You donīt obviously see the mascara, but my lashes in a thicker, longer version.
Almost as if I was born with these beautiful lashes and donīt even have to bother putting mascara on.Thatīs the effect I want, because I donīt like these very volumizing mascaras, that make your lashes look like they are all clumped together, so everyone sees, that youīre wearing a lot of mascara. My lashes are feathery, separated and not clumpy at all, even with 3 coats.
I find it extremely easy to remove this mascara with oil-free eye make-up remover like Bioderma. You donīt have to use eye make-up remover with oil and donīt have to rub like crazy to get this off.
All the experiments over the years with other mascaras, even or especially with famous ones like YSL false lash effect or Diorshow Iconic, never made me stray very far from this. I paid a lot of money for these mascaras and was never satisfied. And with the more expensive brands, you end up paying a lot of money and when they donīt work for your lashes, you paid the money invain.
I decided to use this mascara and donīt even bother to look at other mascaras. I tried other ones from Max Factor and their mascaras are pretty good and affordable in general, but this one is perfection for me.
So, if you go for more lenght and volume in a very natural-looking way, this may be the mascara for you.
Highly recommended.

on 1/15/2013 8:43:00 PM

Another great Max Factor mascara - great volume, extra length, no clumps and no flaking. Second only to Masterpiece Max - I like a bit more drama.

on 1/13/2013 3:58:00 PM

I like these rubbery wands and of course i've never disappointed with MF mascaras so this worked well on me. Gave volume, separated and above all doesn't flake. I don't think i can say more about this. Simply a great mascara!

on 11/20/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is my absolute HG mascara. I have naturally fine but long eyelashes so I find that ALOT of mascaras clump on me. Not this one! When applied, it gives me dark, defined and perfectly separated lashes. I haven't experienced any flaking and it's so easy to remove with my bioderma makeup remover. I have been buying this mascara for the past 5 years and will continue to buy it for many more years!

on 9/24/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I will start by saying my favorite mascara so far is Dior Show Blackout. However, I am new to the mascara game and before Dior Show Blackout I was using Great Lash, which is not best mascara in the world (that's a big understatement).

This mascara is not for people who want a dramatic effect (like I do, most of the time). This is mores subtle and lengthening. Masterpiece is also very clumpless and the formula is easy on the eyes, I have sensitive eyes.

Also getting this mascara made me start thinking that dramatic is not always the way to go. When I where masterpiece, I am totally happy with it on and I'm not insecure about it smudging. It's a great alternative, and I think this is the only mascara that gives off a subtle look I will buy continuously.

UPDATE

When this mascara dries it it really adds stress and hardens my eyelashes. I may have reviewed this too soon. I will not be purchasing this again, my eyelids hurt now and I'm worried my lashes may fall. I'm changing my four star lippie to one star.

I love the way this mascara makes my eyelashes look feathery. My HG mascara. I have very oli eyelids and this doest smudge under my eyes and makes me look like a panda.. :O)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this mascara and I plan on using it until I find my HG.
I love the brush that this comes with as you can catch every lash, it is a jet black mascara and does not flake off. I am forever throwing mascaras away as I hate coming home from work and finding blotchy mascara flakes all over my face!
I use this with No7 Exquisite Curl as I find that the Maxfactor Masterpiece does not provide much curl but the lift is good.

A good mascara for the price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this product in a gift bag kind of thing, and I just began using recently, and I must say, I will go out and buy this product, it's just amazing! I applied 3 coats of it, yet there was no clumping and it separates bet well, the only thing is it into great on lengthening naturally long lashes, though it has some impact. The wand is very nice and easy to use. Overall great product :)

on 4/23/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loooove this mascara so much! It doesn't get enough hype as false lash effect and i think it's alot better, false lash effect clumps my lashes and is too wet. However masterpiece makes my lashes look SO long, i've had so many compliments when i wear this, on the other hand it doesn't volumize that much, but i normally put a coat of a volumizing mascara on too ( i like too faced lash injection) but still on its own lashes look so good and after 2-3 coats lashes don't look too clumpy. It's not that expensive either, compared to other mascaras i've tried like YSL which wasn't great. It's about Ģ10 in the UK, so worth it, it can dry up quite alot in like 2 months but i don't mind at all because it's such a good mascara.

Top Rated Max Factor Products