September 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lilangelhana

Another great Max Factor mascara - great volume, extra length, no clumps and no flaking. Second only to Masterpiece Max - I like a bit more drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these rubbery wands and of course i've never disappointed with MF mascaras so this worked well on me. Gave volume, separated and above all doesn't flake. I don't think i can say more about this. Simply a great mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by mkdunn83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute HG mascara. I have naturally fine but long eyelashes so I find that ALOT of mascaras clump on me. Not this one! When applied, it gives me dark, defined and perfectly separated lashes. I haven't experienced any flaking and it's so easy to remove with my bioderma makeup remover. I have been buying this mascara for the past 5 years and will continue to buy it for many more years!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start by saying my favorite mascara so far is Dior Show Blackout. However, I am new to the mascara game and before Dior Show Blackout I was using Great Lash, which is not best mascara in the world (that's a big understatement).

This mascara is not for people who want a dramatic effect (like I do, most of the time). This is mores subtle and lengthening. Masterpiece is also very clumpless and the formula is easy on the eyes, I have sensitive eyes.

Also getting this mascara made me start thinking that dramatic is not always the way to go. When I where masterpiece, I am totally happy with it on and I'm not insecure about it smudging. It's a great alternative, and I think this is the only mascara that gives off a subtle look I will buy continuously.

UPDATE

When this mascara dries it it really adds stress and hardens my eyelashes. I may have reviewed this too soon. I will not be purchasing this again, my eyelids hurt now and I'm worried my lashes may fall. I'm changing my four star lippie to one star.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

I love the way this mascara makes my eyelashes look feathery. My HG mascara. I have very oli eyelids and this doest smudge under my eyes and makes me look like a panda.. :O)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara and I plan on using it until I find my HG.
I love the brush that this comes with as you can catch every lash, it is a jet black mascara and does not flake off. I am forever throwing mascaras away as I hate coming home from work and finding blotchy mascara flakes all over my face!
I use this with No7 Exquisite Curl as I find that the Maxfactor Masterpiece does not provide much curl but the lift is good.

A good mascara for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Skating4ever787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product in a gift bag kind of thing, and I just began using recently, and I must say, I will go out and buy this product, it's just amazing! I applied 3 coats of it, yet there was no clumping and it separates bet well, the only thing is it into great on lengthening naturally long lashes, though it has some impact. The wand is very nice and easy to use. Overall great product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loooove this mascara so much! It doesn't get enough hype as false lash effect and i think it's alot better, false lash effect clumps my lashes and is too wet. However masterpiece makes my lashes look SO long, i've had so many compliments when i wear this, on the other hand it doesn't volumize that much, but i normally put a coat of a volumizing mascara on too ( i like too faced lash injection) but still on its own lashes look so good and after 2-3 coats lashes don't look too clumpy. It's not that expensive either, compared to other mascaras i've tried like YSL which wasn't great. It's about 10 in the UK, so worth it, it can dry up quite alot in like 2 months but i don't mind at all because it's such a good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by natalieoneill

This mascara is definitely the best drugstore mascara I've ever tried, after using my Bobbi Brown Everything mascara for almost 9 months until it ran out I was in the dark about drugstore mascaras since I wanted to try something new, but not be out of pocket, and I blindly chose this mascara knowing Maxfactor is usually quite good - I am so glad I chose this! Great dark colour, doesn't flake/chip/smudge, price isn't dirt cheap but isn't hugely expensive either, separates but not spider leg ish, volume, cat eye look, lengthens .. what more could you want? I don't even MISS my Bobbi Brown and that was a great mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is a really great mascara for the money. It lengthens lashes while not clumping too much, and has a great brush which defines individual lashes well.

I also find it it quite buildable; it won't clump unless you add 4 layers.
The packaging is sleek and elegant and offers exactly what you need in a mascara, small and practical while looking like a more expensive product.

The only problem I have with this mascara is that if you only put one layer on, it doesn't tend to last, so if you like a very natural look it is perhaps not the best idea. I didn't find it to flake though, it just sort of disappeared.

I purchased mine from an eBay shop still in the wrapping for 5 and 1 p&p, which I felt was reasonable.

All round, a good mascara for those on a budget that I would recommend.