Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

i love this mascara! it has lots of volume and lengthening! this is the best high-end mascara and i would recommend it!

on 2/2/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Another great mascara from Lancome. Adds length and volume to my lashes. Looks very natural. No clumps or flakes. Washes off easily with my oil cleanser at night. Did not irritate my sensitive eyes.

on 1/31/2015 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I don't like this at all. It is a very "natural" looking mascara that only tints the lashes and really doesn't lengthen and certainly doesn't volumize. Waste of time and money for me. Washed off easily and completely with warm water which is nice. Givenchy has the BEST mascara of all time, PERIOD!!! I need to quit wasting money on others.

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

It definitely lengthens but newer and better mascaras have emerged. That being said you can't go wrong with this one.

on 1/1/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

To start off this may be a bit of a bias review. Lancome Hypnose is one of my favourite high end mascaras. Its one mascara that I dont mind forking over $32 for since it creates tons of drama and volume for my lashes. This mascara however is meant to separate your lashes and give you tons of length. I received the Definicils Mascara as a 100 point perk at Sephora and was excited to try this out to see if I could get fluttery long lashes. My expectations were high since the same company makes one of my favourite mascaras and sadly I was disappointed with this one.
Ive used this quite a few times (with Shiseido curler) and didnt notice any much lengthening. This mascara can be clumpy as well, not as smooth as others so application must be done carefully. I truly feel my drugstore mascaras such as Loreal Telescopic and Covergirl Clump Crusher are much above in performance than the Definicils. Its not the worst mascara I've encountered, but for the price and coming from the Lancome brand I expected much better.

on 12/30/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my all time favourite mascara, dosen't clump and give unbelievable length, love it forever.

on 12/29/2014 10:45:00 AM

I've been using this mascara for a couple years now and while I keep trying other high end luxury mascaras and cheap drugstore brands to see if I can find something better, nothing stands outs.

I have long thin lashes and I prefer to have a more natural look to my eye, I don't want to mimic falsies so I've found this mascara to be perfect. It lengthens my lashes even further, but doesn't add lots of volume making my lashes look really long and flattering but not fake. The main reason I like this mascara however is because it goes on really smooth, it doesn't flake, and it doesn't come off even if I rub my eye.

One note, I find that regardless of the mascara I need to use a spoolie brush to evenly distribute and declump. Even this mascara has clumps initially, but they smooth out beautifully and don't have the grainy look other mascaras have.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's alright, some drugstore brands have better mascara though. The spoolie brush is very well designed though and the mascara is buildable without clumping. It's still very possible to spend much less money on a better mascara though.
I find that using an eyelash primer underneath helps even better.

on 10/8/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a deluxe sample and I love this mascara. I don't love it enough to spend that amount of money on it tho. It truly lengthens my lashes -- to the point that the tips of my lashes hit my brow area! My favorite part of this mascara is how it makes my lower lashes look tho. I hold the wand straight and just use the tip of the wand to pull down at my lower lashes. It elongates them makes my eyes look bigger. Great mascara, great formula, just too much money.

on 10/8/2014 9:30:00 PM

I decided to try this mascara out a couple of months back because of the positive reviews and also because I prefer brown mascara and you don't see that color in too many brands. The thing about mascara is that it will work differently depending on the type of lashes you have; I have long lashes that are medium thickness and have a slight curl.

That said here are the positives I've found:
- It doesn't flake or run(Even while working out)
- It separates the lashes fairly well
- The formula isn't too runny or too thick
Now for the negatives:
- It does nothing to volumize the lashes
- It does nothing to thicken the lashes
- It made my lashes look very spidery(Not a look I personally enjoy)
- It can clump some lashes together, further separating them and making them look sparse.

Popular Mascaras