MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

on 12/3/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I absolutly love this blush. I use it just after i applied my powder, and it stays on all day. it's a peachy/coral/ color and look beautiful on my NW20 skin, but if you are much darker, i don't think it will show up on your skin. But to me this is perfect. Only downside is that it's really expensive, here in Denmark it's 38 dollars (195 kr) but it's totally worth it

on 10/22/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yay, I found a NARS Orgasm substitute that works for me! I swatched this alongside Style and I preferred this because the colour is a bit lighter and a bit peachier. It's noticeably less pink than Orgasm though the overall effect is similar. I think what makes this work better for me than Orgasm is that the shimmer in this is a little more 'incorporated' into the colour of the blush, whereas I found that the shimmer in Orgasm kind of sits on top of the colour (I know that sounds weird, but swatch them and you'll see what I mean). It just means that I can buff Springsheen onto my cheeks and look glowy rather than frosty. This enhances my skin rather than highlighting every pore the way Orgasm did. If you're keen to try NARS Orgasm try swatching this first, or better yet compare them side by side, I think this is a better look plus it's a bit cheaper.

on 8/9/2013 5:32:00 PM

I wear an NC15 in MAC Studio Sculpt foundation, for reference. I am very pale. Even my NC15 foundation really needs to be blended down my neck, and even my chest depending on the shirt I am wearing. I thought that Springsheen would be a really nice pinky/peachy glow to my cheeks. But for some reason, I think that this looks really odd on me. It doesn't really suit my skin tone at all. I also find it a bit hard to blend out when applying it. It's not the blushes fault that it doesn't match my skin tone though, so I gave it 3 lippies. It looks really pink on me. HOWEVER, if you have a more tan/medium skin tone, I highly recommend this to you. Coral/peachy pinks look wonderful on a more tan skin tone! I won't repurchase, but I do think it is good to have in your collection depending on the look you are trying to achieve.

on 7/4/2013 8:53:00 AM

I really like this. The MUA applied this on me today and suddenly there was this sparkle on my face. I was hooked. The shimmer-glitter really helps in giving me some glow to my other wise dull tone. My face just lights up. This is somewhat like nars orgasm but cheaper. If u like nars O, you will like this. Also for some reason, Mac blushes tend to fade on me during the day. But this is one of those fun extras u may wanna have...

on 6/30/2013 8:29:00 AM

My HG blusher! Can't go without this on my cheek! It instantly gives you glowy and healthy face :) i love it! It has subtle pinkish orange pigmentation which is good for warm tone face!

It is powder blush with shimmery finish. Buildable from sheer to quite prominent. The color is peachy pink with gold shimmer. Looks good on warm light and medium skin tones. I am NW25 in MAC and use it primarily in summer time when my skin gets more warm.

on 4/11/2013 8:57:00 AM

Love this blush. I am a bit of a blush addict and this is my favourite right now. It a gorgeous pinky peach shade with a beautiful golden shimmer. A great spring summer blush. If I ever run out I will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I kind of love this. Kind of.

It's a no brainer type of blush, throw on and go. I'm about NC20, and this goes great with my skintone, like a more natural look. It blends well into my skin and doesn't emphasise pores.

The shimmer is a tad too much sometimes, I would prefer more of a sheen rather than a shimmer. The great thing about this is the formula. It doesn't break me out. Despite MAC having a reputation of having foundationst hat break people out (I agree with this), the blushes have a great non-irritating/clogging formula. Better than I can say about NARS blush formulas which gave me cystic acne.

Price is ok, inexpensive. Packaging is just, normal I guess. It's great that it's not ridiculously bulky like Chanel (what is the point of bulky plastic packaging that feels to cheap?)

Yes I would buy this again if I can't find anything that's similar with that sheen and good formula.

on 3/28/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my 3rd blush from MAC and I adore it. I have fair, neutral-leaning warm skin. I have issues with a lot of blushes pulling red or orange on me. I also prefer sheer, build-able blushes versus super pigmented ones. I apply two light layers with the Real Techniques stippling brush and get a beautiful, glowy peachy-pink color. It really brightens up my face and the shimmer is not obvious like Nars Orgasm or Deep Throat. Nice change from my usual pinks that give more of a flushed/ballerina look.

on 3/4/2013 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this blush. Makes my skin look healthier and radiant. It is super blendable and very easy to apply. It is not overly shimmery that you look like a disco ball, yet it makes you glow. I always get a lot of compliments when I wear this blush, even from expert makeup artists. IF you want more pigment but still want this sheen finish, layer this on top of another darker color. For example, a high pigment coral underneath and then a light hand of Springsheen! Great for day or night..

Popular Blush Products