Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap - All Scents

4.4

Not tested on animals

on 6/30/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Only been the baby mild liquid using on my face a few days but my acne seems less aggravated and flatter :) A little goes a long way. Don't scrub.

on 6/12/2014 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Lavender Liquid Soap. I had the large bottle of this which took forever to use up. Basically I used this as hand soap and sometimes as bodywash. I don't believe in using anything that foams on your face. Super concentrated, a tiny amount is all you need to wash your hands. The lavender scent is amazing. I also feel the lavender has natural antibacterial properties. If you're going to use this as hand soap, I would recommend decanting it into something smaller or buying the mini bottles of Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap. The large bottles can be awkard to use. Otherwise, a great product.

on 6/4/2014 4:14:00 PM

All I can say is I love this stuff. I use the peppermint liquid to wash my face about 3x a week (I rotate with the Nucelle line, but can't afford to use Nucelle everyday at this moment). I read a lot about castile soap for troubled skin so I thought I would try it. I absolutely hate commercial products and drugstore facial products, most of them have ever really done anything for my acne prone skin. I found Dr. Bronner's at Bed Bath and Beyond for just a few bucks and am I ever glad I bought it.

I use it strictly as a face wash and (besides loving the tingling from the peppermint) I don't think my face has ever felt so clean and refreshed. It's soft, supple and my pores have never been clearer. I don't really feel that I need to moisturize after but I use a super light vitamin C moisturizer just because my skin is aging. Keep in mind my skin is sensitive to nothing so I'm not sure if the peppermint would irritate others but it's absolutely fantastic for me.

With summer coming and the air getting hot and humid I think I might try using it as a body wash after walking the dog, I can just imagine how invigorating that is going to feel!

on 5/16/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Baby MILD Liquid Castile Soap because I was finally excited that I could use something that was envirnomentally friendly and more "natural".

I have been trying to look for the best skin cleanser for my face for the past year and I wanted to stick to a more natural and simple cleanser. Any who, if you have dry/acne/sensitive skin then this might overly dry your skin (just a caution).

In the beginning my face felt fantastic! But over time I noticed my skin started to dry out, was itchy, I developed rashes due to the dry skin and noticed a more dull skin.
I also diluted the soap (1 cup distilled/spring water with 1.5 TBSP Castile Soap) but no success..

I even went to extended lengths by mixing Oils, Glycerine and Vitamin E for added moisturising properties to the cleanser, but still no success.

Maybe this might work for you and maybe it won't, but I will not be using this on my hair, body or face as it seems like its too harsh and drying on the skin. Great as a cleaning product for the house but maybe not the face and body.

on 5/3/2014 1:53:00 AM

This soap has been a staple in my house for years. It is incredible for cleaning makeup brushes -- nothing gets the gunk out faster than this. This is my main use for it now. I love how clean it gets my brushes without leaving any residue. I also used it for several years as a face wash with success. Sadly, age and/or hard water seems to be catching up to me and I no longer get great results from using it as a facial wash. I do still use it as a body wash and hand soap sometimes, and I like to take the mini bottles with me travelling as it is a great all-purpose product and I'll still use it on my face in a pinch.

The texture is very thin and runny, as most castile soaps are. It foams up well in the hands or on sponges/shower poofs/what-have-you. The smells are strong, but very natural and non-offensive. It rinses very easily -- more easily than most cleansers/body washes/soaps I've used. Dry skins might find it too stripping, but my combination/oily skin always just felt fresh. During my most oily days in college, I loved how clean it made me feel. (I did try this as a shampoo a couple of times. That was a mistake for me, and resulted in tangled/knotted hair that felt both dry and not very clean. I restricted it to skin use only after that.)

After a recent move, I can say that it's not as great with hard water as it is otherwise. However, it's still a very good, useful product with multiple applications and great ingredients. I've used the Peppermint, Lavender, and Baby Mild scents, and they're all lovely. Lastly, a word of caution: the labels and everyone who's ever used it don't tell you to dilute for nothing. I didn't listen the first few times. Seriously, a few drops will do for most purposes; this stuff is strong.

on 3/31/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this stuff and has been using it for more than 10 years now. Initially I bought it to use as a shampoo but I found it drying and it stripped all the color out. Now though, I use it is everything when I travel. I also keep some in the shower to wash my delicates, to use as a shower gel or face wash in a pinch, and especially to clean my makeup brushes. The ingredients are organic and I can pronounce them.

on 3/22/2014 1:22:00 PM

I love dr. bronners. there is a scent for everyone. Its great for skin, cleaning the house, washing dishes. It can replace most any cleaner in your house. If it leaves a residue just rinse with vinegar. Just dont mix soap and vinegar, it'll make the soap seperate.

on 2/1/2014 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

HG liquid soap. This stuff seriously can be use in so many ways and it cleans so well. Like squeaky clean. It actually cleans so well that it completely removes my fake tan and have to avoid it when i want to be tan. My favorite uses are: to wash my dog, clean my makeup brushes, wash hair when my shampoo runs out, use as a body wash with gloves or a poof and so much more that i cant think of right now. I have tried the peppermint, almond and citrus scent and my fav is the citrus as its nice and refreshing but not over powering. I will always have a bottle of this around!

on 1/27/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this stuff and it really does clean anything. I use it in my homemade countertop cleaner, add it to weak dish soap, and make my own shampoo and face cleanser with it. Here is my recipe for shampoo/face cleanser: 50% Bronners, 50% chamomile or green tea, contents of one Vitamin E capsule, a splash of oil (grapeseed, jojoba, argan, etc.) and 5-8 drops essential oils. I originally used the Peppermint scent for the face cleanser, but I DO NOT recommend it, as it's very tingly and feels weird on the face. That's when I used the peppermint batch for shampoo instead with great results! I use unscented for my face cleanser now, and add Lemongrass and Lavender essential oils. Now a 6 oz. bottle of cleanser runs me about $2.

on 1/22/2014 9:13:00 PM

Oh man this stuff, it was love at first wash. I have tried all kinds of soap and NONE reacted to my skin well and, frankly, I have only been able to use water to clean my skin for the past few months. I came across this via a friend, saw it had jojoba in it (which I LURV), and decided to give it the good ol' college try. The tiniest bit feels like it completely clears your pores out, so a little goes a very very long way. I do think these soaps have a strong smell but I could handle it. I even have started to use the tea tree version on my face to take my make up off. If your skin can't handle a lot, this just may be your HG shower product too.