April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Liquid Soap - All Scents

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by inthiscity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an absolute staple. I use it for every. Complete godsend. Lavender and peppermint are personal favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

I use it head to toe and am always happy. It's the only thing that really cleans my face and leaves it soft. There's no detergents so that's why it's safe for use in so many areas of your life. Organic, Fair Trade and cruelty free. What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I don't care for the religious crap on the bottle. You would think they would leave some space for directions on dilutions and such but nope lol. It's kinda funny in a bible thumping way but luckily the product is good. I have used this soap on and off for a few years now. Shampoo didn't work for me but I may try it again with a few adjustments. Most recently I have been using it as a face wash. I am sick to death of trying to find a chemical free face wash for acne prone, dry, sensitive skin. That also doesn't cost me a paycheck. I switched it up after visiting Lisa Bronner's blog and learned her recommendations for diluting castile soap for different uses. Very informative, I saved the page to come back to. So now I take a damp face, damp corner of my microfiber cloth, tip my bottle upside down against it so I only get a drop or 2 out then gently scrub my face. It works well. My face is clean not dry (even though I have dry skin) and the cloth exfoliates w/o being harsh (just don't scrub hard). I rinse the cloth, wet it and go back over gently to get most of the soap off, then splash my face with water. Follow up with homemade toner of chamomile and green tea spray and moisturize with raw shea butter. It's made my face more luminous and those pesky blackheads I had covering my nose are finally disappearing. Been doing this about 3-4 weeks everyday 2xday. I still breakout but it only happens when I stress out so I need to remember to stay calm. This routine has really helped my skin. The first several days my skin was really dry but stick with it b/c my skin balanced out after about a week @ 2xday. Once a week I throw in an Aztec Indian Healing Clay mask but that's it. I have only used the baby mild and the lavender ones. I have used liquid castile for laundry, works pretty well but don't but directly on clothes b/c it can leave an oil stain, just start water, pour some in (you need less than you think) then put clothes in. I keep a spray bottle with a dilution in it for cleaning surfaces and another with a stronger dilution for the bathroom. I washed my dog with it when he had dry skin this summer and his thick coat and sensitive skin loved it. I even put some in my floor steam cleaner and it was fantastic. I always keep a bottle around it actually makes me want to clean more which is important with kids around the house.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This should be the product of the year! This soap is amazing! I use the peppermint (the original) soap. I use it as a body wash and a face wash. It keeps my skin clear and my body doesn't feel clean without it!

Shopping Tip: I purchase this at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Not only is it cheaper there but you can always use the 20% off coupon, making it even cheaper.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by pascalebeaudin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great as a body wash and, diluted, as a green all-purpose house cleaner. I made the mistake of using it on my face and it broke me out terribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

These soaps have soo many uses, come in different scents, they are a must have! They come in bar & liquid form, both work well. They're sold in many grocery, beauty, health food, online stores but I prefer to buy them at Whole Foods because that's the most reasonable priced place. I've only tried the Eucalyptus & Peppermint scents and they are very soothing on the skin and have a calming aroma. I will say this for the ladies: be careful when using the Peppermint wash around your lady parts cuz that Peppermint can become very irritant due to its cooling properties lol

Pros: Skin will feel very clean, multiple cleaning uses (laundry, hair etc), natural ingredients, many options to choose from.

Cons: Many places charging too much $ for this wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by iEuphoria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love. I use these as a body wash. When I'm feeling like a need a good clean, I use the peppermint. When I'm feeling like I need to relax, I use lavender. When I want to spoil myself, i use almond. If my back breaks out, I use tea tree. So many scents and uses. I buy them all and choose the one that suits my mood!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using the peppermint bar soap as a facial cleanser few days ago, and it cleared out all the white heads (tiny little hard bumps) on my forehead!! I still can't believe it, I tried to switch around countless brands (high end to drugstore) to find the facial cleanser that actually works, and end up finding the gold mine for $4 :D. I moisturise my face with organic virgin coconut oil right after washing with this soap, and my skin feels so fresh (cooling peppermint), clean and moistursed at the same time. I love it is natural, organic, and great value for money. I can see it will last for ever as a facial cleanser, so I also take shower with it and the cooling peppermint is perfect to use on skin in the steaming hot weather. I'm also preparing to wash my hair with it after my shampoo run out. No matter if it works best as a shampoo, I'm already deeply in love with it as a facial cleanser and body wash. GOOD BYE all the expansive cancer causing chemicals! I will repurchase this soap for ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the liquid Rose soap. I bought this at Target for $17. It's the HUGE bottle because that's all they had. I use it to wash my makeup brushes. It leaves the brushes feeling very soft, and removes all of the makeup with little effort. It also leaves a nice, soft rose scent on the brushes. I wet my hand, pour a little Dr. Bronner's soap in my hand, and swirl my brush around for a minute. I rinse my hand and swirl the brush around in my hand again, until the soap is white and not makeup-colored. Since I only use a small bit each time, this bottle will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Camchichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My daily body wash! I love that its made from saponified oils and not Sodium Laureth/Laurel Sulfate. Leaves your skin a little too squeaky clean if you use too much, so use sparingly. I like to pour a little on my Cure Series Japanese Exfoliating Bath Towel from OHE and scrub. I like the rose scent for fall and winter and the peppermint scent for spring and summer. I prefer to buy from Amazon because its cheaper. This product is just so simple and basic theres not much to say!