September 1, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by starshar

I bought this in high hope to replace my Maybelline gel liner, the Maybelline was good, don't get me wrong, I just thought of switching to something else for a change. This is a terrible move... I have oily monolids, and this smudge on me after 3-4hours of wear on the corners of my eyes and under my lids. It makes me look like a panda. Thanks but no thanks, I wont be repurchasing this definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by babeybearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best gel eyeliner I've tried and I love everything about it. It goes on so smoothly, makes a perfect line, and has a bold, intense (but not overpowering) black color. If you just apply this straight to your eyelid over shadow (but without any primers), it really is not that long lasting as the oils on your lids will break it down and cause it to smear/smudge before long. What I like to do is use my UD Primer Potion on my lids first, then apply a thin layer from one of my MAC paint pots (I'd recommend Painterly or Bare Study if you're going for a more natural look), then apply my shadow over this and the BB gel eyeliner on top, and it lasts all day and sometimes even overnight if I don't take my eyeshadow off. When you layer these products, the sky's the limit as far as how long it will last!

As far as application for this eyeliner, the method I've found to have the best results is when I use a super thin gel eyeliner brush with a STRAIGHT edge (not slanted). I usually wet the brush first with water so the bristles all stay together better and keep the line thin and smooth. Doing it this way is perfect for doing a cat eye because you can drag the line out to a nice, smooth, thin point at the corner of your eye. It also keeps the line thin enough that you can pull the eyeliner in to the inside corner of your eye and not have it look too thick or intense. The only downside I've found is that the pot dried out when I got down to about the last 15-20% of the container even though I always kept it tightly capped and open for only brief periods. Of course you can still use the product even when it's dried out, but it just doesn't go on nearly as smoothly and takes longer to apply since it's harder to work with. I just purchased a new jar of this and have fallen in love with it all over again! When it's fresh and creamy, it is a dream to use. Highly recommend this product if you're looking for a great gel eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and as a result eyeliners are a problem for me, they usually start to smear/run after an hour or so. This is one of the few eyeliners that stays put for most of the day (unfortunately I have yet to find anything that lasts more than 6-8 hrs). I have two gripes about this product, one is that I still have over half the jar left but it has dried up and is now barely useable, the second is the cost - which is definitely on the high side considering I've got less than half a jar of use and I will have to throw the rest out. I will repurchase as I have yet to find anything better, but this will be out the door if I can find a comparable product at a reasonable price. I've heard Inglot's gel eyeliner is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG eyeliner. Love, love, love!! It lasts all day and doesn't smudge at all. It feels like I haven't got anything on my lid and despite the staying power, it's easy to take off at night without any scrubbing or rubbing required. I use it with the MAC 208 angled brush. The gel liners do dry out within 3 or so months, so it may seem pricey. But otherwise this is an absolute win from Bobbi. Again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

I've been using bbs long wearing gel liner for a few months now and I can say that it is one of the better eyeliners out there. The best thing about this gel liner is that it is very creamy and smooth and doesn't smudge. The payoff isnt the greatest, its a decent black, but it'll take a few coats to get a complete opaque line. And so with all of that being said, I probably wouldn't buy it again. Don't get me wrong, bbs gel liner is great, but it's not the best nor the cheapest. BUT depending upon how long the bb pot lasts before it dries out, I might actually stay with it. If it does dry out fast I'll probably go back to my mac fluidline (which is cheaper and darker although the pot dries out before I can finish it and it is not as creamy).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Makeupmafia90

I love the Bobbi Brown Gel liner in Black Ink! It's the darkest black gel liner I've bought so far! Darker than Macs Fluid Line Gel liner. I have had no smudging or raccoon eyes so far. I'm wondering if the people suffering from raccoon eyes are Tightlining with this product? I've used on my water line as well it doesn't last ALL day but close enough. Pretty expensive I think so hopefully it lasts!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have tried this several times and it ALWAYS ends up transferring to under my eyes and give me an extra dark shadow. I went to BB looking for a darker long wear cream e/s because I have been using Beach Bronze all summer as a liner with no issues at all. When I told the sales rep about this she pushed me towards the gel liner again. I told her my issues, she looked stunned and confused like I just told her Santa Claus wasn't real. Then she kept telling me how the same technology that is in the long wear cream e/s is in the gel, so once again, I buy it thinking maybe I just wasn't applying it right or it was my old makeup look that was the problem. Well, around 3pm I look in the mirror and I am unwillingly sporting the heroine chic look of the 90's! Not happy. I know this time it wasn't my other makeup because I have been wearing everything else the same all summer with no issues. I am also writing this review so that now matter how much in the future BB reps protest...I know in my heart this will transfer on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by vicomite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was so terrible for me. Had extremely high hopes because of the price tag which was 35AUD and am sorely disappointed. The liner always transfers onto under my eyes within the HOUR. Whatever I do, setting sticky concealer, putting translucent powder, putting black eyeshadow on it to set it and priming my lids have proved futile. The eyeliner also went hard after a few months even though I had always closed the lid tightly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I love this eyeliner. It's creamy, it glides on smoothly, it's opaque, and it never smudges. I use a Sonia Kashuk liner brush and it gives me a perfect application every time. There's really no cons about this product except the pot can dry out over time ( as with any other gel liner). I've had mine since February and it's still holding up decently. However, I won't repurchase. While it's good for what it is, it's nothing to drop another 20-something dollar on. I find the Wet n Wild gel liner does the same thing for about $20 less.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

before i came across this product, nothing - and i mean NOTHING at all apart from using eye shadow as liner wouldnt smudge on me. i never lined my waterline because i am bound to get panda eyes. i've tried drugstore to high end pencil liners, gel liners including mac and urban decay 24/7 - with no success. i was doomed, until someone told me to try bobbi brown gel liner. i was very skeptical at first since not even24/7 pencil liner works on me, and i envy ppl so much that they could line their waterline and let their eye shadows pop without the liner taking too much attention. i hv now found my HG gel liner - this did not smudge on me at all not evenwhen put on the waterline!!! im so happy!!!