March 3, 2015 | 1106 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gel liner in Black Ink and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a very beautiful matte black,although I personally like my liner a bit more intense.I like the creamy consistency,It dries out rather quickly,so everytime after i dip my brush in the gel liner,i put the liner upside down on my clean pocket mirror,so it has minimum contact with air.The liner stays put all day.It smears a tiny bit on my inner eye corners during the day,but after i remove
it once with a q tip,it stays put.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Kacci

I got two BB long wear creamy eyeliner on my way to China in the airplane, tax free you know. I am sorry to say that those stuff are not so good...
I just have to write this review because I think there are a lot of girls like me who receive so many compromises for this product but when they actually try it, the result is not so well... I am one of the company.
My eyelids are very oily and I don't have much lush neither. Bobbi-brown gives so confident review saying that the liner would not grease your eyes but the truth is the opposite. The eyeliner canNOT last for even one hour on my eyes, and my eyelines become so greasy and dirty afterward, like someone has five me a punch...
Right now, I am using Sephora brand eyeliner and it works wonder, I guess prince cannot speak for the quality after all...Sephora eyeliner is much cheaper but never gives me messy look, I guess I can use it.
For people with similar eye conditions like mine, oily all the time, Bobbibrown might not be the best choice for you. I understand that there are so so many people have great things to say about Bobbi's eyeliner, but sorry, it is not for me... I bought two on the flight, so, I cannot return them, I think I could give them to my friend whose eyes are quite dry or normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in two minds about this I bought this after using drugstores gel liners and thought it'll stay put all day it doesn't so it's not longwear ! However it's lasted me a very long time and I use gel liner ever other day it's very smooth just not long wear !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CODYKERI

this smudged horribly on me and irritated my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

In high hopes of hearing great reviews about this eyeliner, this was NOT a good tight-lining gel eyeliner. Even during application, it was more moist that made it smudge on me even after an hour or so. In general, I'd prefer Stila's Smudge Pot. My oily and hooded lids did not make this eyeliner work as a normal eyeliner or a tight-lining liner :( How I wished this product would work for me but it didn't.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by starshar

I bought this in high hope to replace my Maybelline gel liner, the Maybelline was good, don't get me wrong, I just thought of switching to something else for a change. This is a terrible move... I have oily monolids, and this smudge on me after 3-4hours of wear on the corners of my eyes and under my lids. It makes me look like a panda. Thanks but no thanks, I wont be repurchasing this definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by babeybearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best gel eyeliner I've tried and I love everything about it. It goes on so smoothly, makes a perfect line, and has a bold, intense (but not overpowering) black color. If you just apply this straight to your eyelid over shadow (but without any primers), it really is not that long lasting as the oils on your lids will break it down and cause it to smear/smudge before long. What I like to do is use my UD Primer Potion on my lids first, then apply a thin layer from one of my MAC paint pots (I'd recommend Painterly or Bare Study if you're going for a more natural look), then apply my shadow over this and the BB gel eyeliner on top, and it lasts all day and sometimes even overnight if I don't take my eyeshadow off. When you layer these products, the sky's the limit as far as how long it will last!

As far as application for this eyeliner, the method I've found to have the best results is when I use a super thin gel eyeliner brush with a STRAIGHT edge (not slanted). I usually wet the brush first with water so the bristles all stay together better and keep the line thin and smooth. Doing it this way is perfect for doing a cat eye because you can drag the line out to a nice, smooth, thin point at the corner of your eye. It also keeps the line thin enough that you can pull the eyeliner in to the inside corner of your eye and not have it look too thick or intense. The only downside I've found is that the pot dried out when I got down to about the last 15-20% of the container even though I always kept it tightly capped and open for only brief periods. Of course you can still use the product even when it's dried out, but it just doesn't go on nearly as smoothly and takes longer to apply since it's harder to work with. I just purchased a new jar of this and have fallen in love with it all over again! When it's fresh and creamy, it is a dream to use. Highly recommend this product if you're looking for a great gel eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and as a result eyeliners are a problem for me, they usually start to smear/run after an hour or so. This is one of the few eyeliners that stays put for most of the day (unfortunately I have yet to find anything that lasts more than 6-8 hrs). I have two gripes about this product, one is that I still have over half the jar left but it has dried up and is now barely useable, the second is the cost - which is definitely on the high side considering I've got less than half a jar of use and I will have to throw the rest out. I will repurchase as I have yet to find anything better, but this will be out the door if I can find a comparable product at a reasonable price. I've heard Inglot's gel eyeliner is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG eyeliner. Love, love, love!! It lasts all day and doesn't smudge at all. It feels like I haven't got anything on my lid and despite the staying power, it's easy to take off at night without any scrubbing or rubbing required. I use it with the MAC 208 angled brush. The gel liners do dry out within 3 or so months, so it may seem pricey. But otherwise this is an absolute win from Bobbi. Again!