E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip - Toasted

Price: $

on 7/2/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love the E.L.F shimmering facial whips, but this one is not so great. It is like a taupe gray brown, just not very flattering. It's also not as shimmery as the other colors (I use these as highlights) It's a good product overall I just don't love this shade.

on 7/2/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I initially bought the shimmering facial whip in lilac petal which is perfect if you are fair skin. When I went back to the store I picked it up in toasted which looks dark in the tube but, if you are a medium skinned gal then this is the one for you. It is not at all as shimmery as lilac petal which is good and bad for me. This color suits my skin color better but, I just wish it was a little more shimmery but, not as much as lilac petal. Can't really complain it is only a dollar. I only use it on the apples of my cheeks then put my blush on top. I reach for this one everyday.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was in the market for a highlighter and thought I'd give this a try with my last ELF order. It was so cheap, I wasn't expecting much, which is good, because that's what I got. For my olive skin, the gray/lilac undertones of this was a total no! Even when I blended it in, in natural light it looked strange. I am one of those people determined to make things work, one way or another, so I've transformed this into a blush base. When I wear powder blush, I rub a little of Toasted into the apple of my cheeks and put on the blush, like normal. It give my blushes a definite glow. Toasted has been rehabilitated!

on 6/11/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This didnt work for me at all....way too dark...I thought it would be more of a highlighter, because I dont want really glittery cheeks. I did give it to a friend who is very dark and it sort of worked as a highlighter on her, though didn't really show up much. Definitely wouldnt buy again...

on 6/1/2010 2:38:00 AM

Toasted has a really werid undertone to it, its almost like a grey undertone. Very unflattering and a nasty color. Hate all of the shimmering facial whips.URGH

on 5/2/2010 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This makes a good blush, eyeshadow, and lip tint for me. The pigmentation looks very natural on my light olive skin and it leaves a subtle, pretty shimmer. The formula is very slick gel and richly pigmented. I like the way it blends and the lack of greasiness that is usually found in liquid/gel blushes. A little goes a long way. Packaging is cheap but efficient.

on 4/18/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a big fan. I can use this as a goldish eyeshadow, but when I put it on my face it looks really creepy. Perhaps because I have olive skin, but this just looks brown and dirty on me, not flattering, no matter how little I use it looks over the top.

on 1/10/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Absolutely love this product! Just placed another E.L.F. order and I am picking up a few other shades. I use it on my cheekbones below my eyes and it just gives you a healthy glow!

on 11/13/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! At first I didnt think I was going to, but I've found adding it in with my foundation makes my skin look beautiful and glowing! Yay! Try it :)

on 4/13/2009 3:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

ACtually all in one is a good idea but this highlighter is only good to highlight under eyebrows. It is a bit greasy, does not blend well and cant be easily removed from face