November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazeballs. Will not cake. Glowy. Does not cause blocked pores. Best ever. Better than high end. Hope they keep forever.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG. perfect setting powder. No cakiness amd doesnt dull the finish of foundation. Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a good powder given it's cheap cost (about $42 NZD). I use it over my Dior Capture Totale liquid foundation. It mattifies shine and I have no need to touch up during the day. There are two colours available in New Zealand, light and medium. I use it in light...It is slightly peachy, no shimmer, just pure powder. I have acne prone but also dry skin...This did tend to accentuate my dry patches but not as much as other powders (er erm Smashbox Halo or Dior capture totale powder!) This was a basic, cheap but good product, but I have found my HG powder foundation that provides coverage and mattification in priori minerals. Whereas this did not provide big enough coverage so I had to use it over liquid foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by rsmuskie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To put it simply, this powder does the job. And it does it inexpensively as well. You can't "overdo" this powder. It's light but long lasting. It doesn't cake up or matte up on the skin or look pasty after application. On Saturday when not wearing a full face of makeup, I like to dust it over moisturizer and blush. It gives an almost near to airbrushed look without a lot of effort. It amazes me that this powder was not repackaged and revamped for a L'Oreal reissue. I used to wear the makeup and loved it till they discontinued it. If you hate glitter in your powder or you can't stand that cake flour look that loose powder often delivers, try Translucide. It's the perfect balance to balance out a combination oily/dry complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Katillac

This is one of the only powders that I actually like! I have dry, sensitive skin and this powder sets my foundation without accentuating my dry spots. I apply it with my Ecotools bronzer brush and it looks flawless (I currently use translucent but am eager to try the light one!). Like other reviewers have said, it does have a strong perfumey smell, but it doesn't linger.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by IrishShorty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this powder mostly for shine control. While it doesn't absorb more oil than the oil-control powders I've used before, it blends in to the skin better and has a very pleasant scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great powder! Has brightening aspects to it but barely noticeable, but just enough to make a difference. Blends well, no scent, very nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by judibean

This is my HG loose powder. I have combination skin and when I put on my face sunscreen, whether it's the chemical kind or physical kind, I'm always left with a sheen on my face. This powder takes care of it quite nicely and gives the most natural finish I have seen yet (I use the translucent shade). It comes with vitamin C, but I think that's just a gimmick. I can't imagine how the vitamin C is supposed to interact with the skin in dry form, but maybe I am showing my ignorance. I never use the powder puff included in the package. Instead, I shake some powder onto the lid, tap a large powder kabuki brush onto some powder, and swirl the brush over sections of my face. I still get a slight sheen by the afternoon, but it helps keep the oil in check until then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

This is a product that is new to me. I have seen it on the shelves a thousand times but never even gave it a closer look. I was at Ulta when I finally decided to pick this up and it was mainly because they were having a bogo 50% off on L'Oral, and I needed a loose powder. I like it, it definitely sets my foundation well, has a nice finish (I like a glow) and its relatively inexpensive for how large the container is. I don't think its out of this world awesome, I don't really see a difference between this and other loose powders, but it is quite good. I'm glad I own it and I will keep it around, maybe at some point I will gain more appreciation for it. But at this point I do not see myself re-buying this, I will probably just move on to something else once this is gone and then long for it once its discontinued like I do with everything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this for years, it's so fine and has very fine shimmer, it's perfect for setting my makeup and I can wear it over tinted moisturizer too :) I've re-bought this about 3 times and it's always worked a treat.

Only con is that it's so fine it always makes me sneeze lol.