Avon Botanisource Eye Gel

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/4/2003 11:21:00 AM

Overall a decent eye gel. The plus side is it did not irritate my sensitive skin/eyes, and was in fact hydrating and comforting as the promise goes. It contains many natural extracts and leaves a nice, refreshed feeling. Also it is non-sticky and non-oily and for this reason works very well under eye makeup. It hydrates and does plump up lines and reduce puffiness, with regular use. Good for during the day but i will be trying something else for at night that is a bit more moisturizing. I will use up the tube but probably wont be repurchasing this as there are more easily-obtainable products out there that are very similar **UPDATE** I prefer the St.Ives gel, it has the same exact effect except better and more hydrating, and as an added bonus you get a lot more of it for a lot less $$$ :) Can't go wrong with that. Sorry, Avon :p

on 10/15/2003 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

And this is supposed to do *what*, exactly??
I bought it because my eyes often burn from lack of sleep and I thought this sounded soothing. It's not. It doesn't do anything, really, but adorn my medicine cabinet since it is a cute tube.

UPDATE: I think I may have been a little unfair with the above review.. I had a newborn and was extremely sleep-deprived, so I was probably beyond hope at the time lol. I tried it again recently one morning when I ran out of my regular eye cream, and it did feel refreshing and I do feel it refreshed my eye area noticeably. Nice gel consistency. It's very light, and I like it.

on 7/28/2003 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an ok gel moisturiser - nothing more, nothing less... Wouldn't repurchase, I like to try other (better?) options. It is better to be used all over the face instead of eye area. Not moisturising enough and salycilic acid is not the best choice for the eye area...

on 6/16/2003 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This eye gel is lightweight and does seem to refresh the eye area instantly. It is good for sensitive skin like mine because it is non-irritating and it does not leave behind a sticky or greasy residue. My only complaint is that it really doesn't eliminate puffiness--it mostly just soothes irritated skin. I will buy again because it does feel good going on.

on 3/3/2003 10:09:00 PM

This product is light weight and soothes and fairly rehydrates. I have sensitive eyes, and it doesn't irritate me. Can be more hydrating though.

on 2/3/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

IT DOESN'T REALLY DO ANYTHING BUT I'M PRONE TO HIVES UNDER THE EYE AND IT HELPS WITH THAT IF I DON'T HAVE ANY PURE ALOE GEL

on 1/28/2003 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye gel comes in a green tube and is supposed to soothe the eyes..I was looking for a gel to do that and get rid of the puffies..I found this one didn't deliver. Although I found the ingredients non-irritating, it didn't perform..I find that Beauty w/o Cruelty's eye gel soothes and firms better..

on 12/12/2002 4:16:00 PM

Great eye gel.

on 10/9/2002 8:02:00 PM

Just like it's face cream counterpart, this gel is a godsend for extra dry uncomfortable skin. Really nice moisturizing and non greasy. Great stuff.

This was okay, but not for me. It just didn't provide the moisture I needed.