Mary Kay Facial Highlighter Pen

3.8

WATER, ETHYL MACADAMIATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PTFE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-7, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SILICA, HEXYL LAURATE, BARIUM SULFATE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, MALIC ACID, GLYCERIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, IRON OXIDES, TALC, ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL

on 9/21/2009 7:38:00 PM

This seems to be very concealer like in that it is flesh tinted to match your skin color and has the consistency of a classic concealer. I use this under my eyes where I have some greyish dark circles due to hyperpigmentation and this seems to cover them up pretty well. I use the Neutrogena 3-in1 concealer and honestly, I don't see a difference between the two in terms of performance. I know the MK is designed to "highlight" dark areas on the face, and I have seen some minimization, though you can get that with any concealer. Will have to keep using to see how the highlighting factor works in the long run. So far, not bad.

on 8/15/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i'm glad i found this little jewel. this is my most effective tool in in makeup arsenal. i use the shade #1 . i have slightly brown circles that NO concealer has managed to cover to my satisfaction, no matter the cost. this is an awesome product. i use it over my eye cream in the morning & it last ALL day even through the tough summer humidity. it doesn't dry my undereye out at all. it has a slightly pink undertone that (IMO) gives my undereye an awake & healthy appearance. the very best part is that UNLIKE NORMAL CONCEALER, you can brush under your eye with your fingertip & the product STAYS. during the day i will see a tiny fleck of mascara or eyeliner & i can reove it without moving or removing product. it also LOOKS like real skin, if you know what i mean. i don't look like i have on concealer. i also use this on the inner & outer eye and slight redness around my nose ( which looks like it isn't going anywhere no matter what). i've found the best way is to use less, using the brush to layer the product rather pat more on with my finger; doing that doesn't achieve a better effect & uses it up faster. this product is a must for over 40 women like myself who are looking for effective eye darkness coverage. i HIGHLY recommend.

I love MK, but I hate the facial highlighting pen. Way way way too drying! I don't get it.

on 2/5/2009 4:33:00 PM

This is one of the better MK products. I love how this stuff gives my skin such a beautiful glow. I don't like the brush applicator thing because I don't think it's super sanitary, but it's still a good product.

on 1/23/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this!! I have it in shade #3 and it works great and never looks cakey.If I get dark under eye circles this covers them up perfectly and you don't need a lot a little goes a long way. I will continue to keep purchasing this!!!

I really like this for my dark undereye circles. I had been trying everything and this finally worked for me. I use MK's firming eye cream and then put the highlighter on as a concealor. A little goes a long, long way and it really brightens up under my eye without it looking like I caked a ton of makeup on. I use #2 and its awesome!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this under my eyes. I am super pale but I have dark circles so I use Shade 2. YSL Touche Eclat is my HG undereye concealor but this is very close and nice for when I don't want to shell out the $$$ for YSL or when I need something now and YSL has to be ordered and shipped to me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews. I have shade 2 and I am an FFF/MMM. It's a little bit light but the next shade down is too dark. This makes such a huge difference in the look of my circles! This is the perfect product for making me look awake when I haven't had enough sleep. I have used benefit eyebright but I prefer this a hundred times more. Previous to this product I had no desire whatsoever in mk but now that has changed a bit. I haven't tried it anywhere else but under my eyes but I can see it working. I have young/combo skin and my undereye area is drier but this doesn't make me any drier than usual. It does crease a little bit after 5 hours but all concealers do on me. I just re-pat it in and I'm good to go.

on 3/28/2008 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I also found this way too drying to use under the eyes. I do like it as a coverup though. Sometimes I get spots that are really red and take layers of concealer to cover. Instead I use a tiny dab of this and it neutralizes the colour without looking like I've applied a mask of makeup over it.

on 3/13/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product because it really brightens up my eyes. I chose the lightest shade which is a shade lighter than my complexion. It has a slight pink tone but I think this helps with the "brightening" effect. I apply this product OVER my foundation and powder. I use it under my brow area and extend it to where my lid starts. I also use it on my outer and inner eye area. I apply just a tad under my eyes. It also helps get rid of the shadows next to your nose. You can't use too much or it will look a little cakey. It is a little thick but a little really goes a long way and it stays put for quite a while, even when dancing all night at the club ;-) You don't need much at all but you have to work with it quickly before it dries. I'm not a fan of the brush that it is applied with and usually just use my finger to apply it. And I got it super cheap on Ebay.