August 28, 2014 | 1775 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lip Color Raisin #3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my 5th BB lippie - got this after a makeover event in Soho and it's similar to a lot of my favorite shades only deeper. It's the perfect deep berry cream. Earthy but striking against dark hair and eyes. Great semi-matte texture and great staying power. I love that you can build the color of BB l/s. Love it! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

This is such a pretty color! I'm an NC30 and this is a bit deeper than my natural liptone. The other reviewers have described this shade well. Plummy brownish color. Pros: The color is very wearable. During the summer I blot it down to a stain and add gloss over it. Once Fall and winter come around I love wearing this full on! Does make your teeth look whiter. Very long wearing. Doesn't feather. I don't find the smell or taste to be offensive like some EL or Lancome lippies. Matte but with a slight sheen. Nice packaging. Cons: It's a bit pricey for a l/s especially when this is a pretty neutral shade and I'm sure there's a DS dupe somewhere. Can be drying so make sure you use a balm with it. Overall, it is a really nice lippie that most skin tones could pull off. Definitely worth a try if you don't mind shelling out the cash for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Heathcliff79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took a chance on this color -- it looks scary-dark in the tube, but it's a beautiful plummy red on my lips. It's quite pigmented and the staying power is pretty good without being drying. It's the first BB lipstick that I've actually fallen in love with. It's the perfect everyday neutral. MLBB but darker and more polished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Plummy-brown MLBB shade in the tube. A little too dark for me, but a gorgeous shade, creamy texture, and long lasting! I wish I could pull this off! Similar to Lancome Creme de Marron

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by amybecca

This is a wonderful plummy-rose shade that makes my teeth look whiter! I'm a ppp, have fairly pigmented lips, and I have hazel eyes. The formula is long-lasting and is semi-matte on me - it has slight shine, and is slightly drying. If applied over a light layer of lip balm though, drying is not a problem. I have been looking for a berry shade that doesn't look brown, muddy, or turn fuschia on me, and this is it. I LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

What a lovely surprise! This came as part of the Deep Lip & Eye palette and my first thought was "Bo-oring! Yet another deeper than-MLBB lippie" Then I tried it on. It's the perfect deep reddish/brownish/plum that picks up the pink in my cheeks and green in my eyes. I love the creamy matte formula (similar to Slopes lipstick) and on my PPP complexion, it works day or night. I took off 1 lippie because it is slightly drying and because I find that most BB lippies have a slighly crayony flavor. Otherwise, bravo!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mommyofcutie

I'm an NW20 with brown hair and blue eyes, and this is a nice, deep plum/brown color. It's a little dark for everyday for me, but love it for drama.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by inwood

I've been buying this for about 4 years and must be on my 20th tube if not more. It's such a pretty blue-based berry plum colour and lasts really well without drying the lips. It leaves a really pretty stain after about 2/3 hours. I line it with cola and it gives a really sophisticated look and never fails to brighten my face. Bobbi Brown does say that your perfect lipstick is the one you can just apply to your bare face and it makes you look fabulous. This lipstick does that for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a surprise. I would never have tried this except I got it free. I am used to nude glosses so seeing this dark tube of matte lipstick nearly made me freak out. However, I have found that applied sheerly it's great for daytime. Fades away to a nice stain. I also layer it under my glosses. I love the consistency which is smooth, doesn't gunk up on my lips and makes my lips feel smooth and natural. No funky taste or smells. I would pay full price for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a no-brainer color for anyone who prefers cooler tones. On a PPP it's great for night, but if you're darker you can wear it for day. One of her top selling colors because it looks great on so many faces!