August 21, 2014 | 2069 users online

Concealers - Za - Concealer Perfection [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by hanryou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Using for the 2nd time now! The first time I used it, I actually applied it to my WHOLE FACE (aka I was using it like a foundation lol) but it didn't cause any major breakouts at all! So I guess it's pretty good. The coverage is great and staying power can last till 5-6 hours for me. Currently I bought a make-up base so I only apply this to my acne scars and dark spots, and it's been doing a good job. The only thing is, it kind of accentuates certain parts of my skin which are abit rough (acne scars etc.). Yes it helps to cover them up, but when I'm in bright places where you can practically see every pore on my skin, it's quite obvious that the texture of the concealed sections of my face is pretty rough. Maybe I need to invest in a better skincare, or whatever. But for a drugstore product, this is definitely worth the value.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by alleycats3003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube, and I will probably run back to Za again when I finish this. Concealer is a must-have for me, since I've dealt with nasty acne breakouts in the past which have left a lot of hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I prefer to apply this using a concealer brush than with my fingers as the brush allows me to be more precise. I love the formulation - it blends extremely easily and staying power is decent. If I apply just the right amount, my marks virtually disappear, but if I apply too much, the area tends to look more pinky-purple, so less is definitely more with this product. I haven't tried this on my under-eye circles yet, so I don't know if it will crease there, but so far, it is doing a great job concealing my post-acne marks.

Shade 3 is a pretty good match for my NC35 skin tone, so I can get away with just using concealer (without any foundation or powder over the top) at times when I want to keep makeup to a minimum (eg when exercising).

I love the packaging. It comes in a really nice sleek blue-grey squeezy tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by amdd1004

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
    - Doesn't emphasize the dry parts of my skin (around acne scars) actually hides it!
    - Really, really easy to blend
    - I only need about two layers and the spot's barely visible
    - Pretty cheap compared to high end brands that aren't even that great

CONS:
    - Quite little amount in one tube

This concealer is really suitable for Asian skin tones. Honestly, I've been looking for a concealer with a yellow undertone and I thought I'd only find it in expensive brands. Finding this concealer for me was a great relief. Definitely buying again once my tube runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me state a few things. I'm in my late teens, but have suffered from dark circles ever since I can remember. It's partly to do with the bone structure in my face (my brow bone always creates a shadow under my eyes) and partly just because I'm prone to them, no matter how much sleep I get. I've tried a few concealers, including Maybelline SuperStay and the Garnier roll-on one, all of which oxidised terribly on my moderately fair skin, and did hardly anything to cover the darkness.
    This Za concealer, used in conjunction with my Covergirl corrector, does the job like nothing else. It covers really well, and still blends and looks reasonably natural. I've repurchased it twice, and plan to continue doing that unless I find something incredible for the same price.
    A few things to note: It WILL cake if you put heaps on, however you can get away with a few thin layers (which provides good coverage), as long as you blend it in well with your finger. Creasing is okay - not terrible, but better with a base (I always use a corrector or eye gel underneath). Color selection is really the thing that lets this product down - there are three shades, all fairly yellow based, and I can just get away with using the lightest one. If I was any paler it wouldn't work with my skintone. It's not a huge tube of product, but it generally lasts me more than six months, which is pretty good. Price is amazing - about NZ$12, which less than half the price of many very mediocre "drugstore" concealers.
    If I could give this a 4.5 rating I would, but as it really does an amazing job for me, I'm not going to be stingy, so I'm giving it a full 5 stars. Hope that helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by amanda999

PROS:
    -comes in a blue tube, hygienic since it's a squeeze type
    -creamy, lovely texture and very easy to blend

CONS:
    -not much inside last me about half a year depending how much you use (i'm around light to medium coverage)
    -only comes in 3 shades, I'm using shade 2 which is more of a yellowish based

PRICE
    -I bought it for $15, not on sale but makeup in NZ is pricey and they don't sell this on ebay

OVERALL
    -good, a bit pricey but worth it :) would recommend to all skin-type. I have oily/combination skin and surprisingly it last all day all I did was touch up with some powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The lightest shade matches me perfectly. It blends well, gives medium coverage and has a natural look. It's the best I've found so far for under-eye circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Piggy12S

I have come to buy this product because of Makeup alley itself. The colour No.3 suits me perfectly and it is light on my face and doesn't make me break out. The portable tube is convenient. I wouldn't use this concealer for my under eyes because it creases. I don't recommend this product to people without yellow undertones as it might look cakey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer, it's good but not VERY GOOD or the BEST. It offers 3 shades which can be kinda hard if your skintone is smacked right in the middle of the shades. I usually use shades 2 and 3. This concealer slides off easily during the day despite I set it with a powder.

The packaging is quite nice, and hygienic since it's a squeeze tube. I usually pat it on with my fingers on my undereye area if I'm wearing powder foundation only. I will mix a tiny amount of concealer with a little of my BB cream and apply it with my Ecotools concealer brush if I'm wearing liquid foundation and needs extra coverage.

This concealer is special because it's one of the few liquid concealers you can find in Singapore's drugstores. It's quite smooth and covers fairly well.

If you find the concealer cakey, maybe you haven't been blending it out well enough. I usually pat the spot where I applied concealer to blend it out further to ensure a smooth finish.

I would definitely repurchase this concealer because it's good enough for everyday. And one tube can last REALLY long.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by totoro21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This concealer works well when I was still a young teenager trying out cosmetics, its creamy and conceals my purplish dark eye circles well.

But time got to me (and the concealer) and now I find this concealer slightly cakey and brings out the uneven, delicate undereyes areas even more, which is really unflattering. But then again perhaps the concealer is getting really old (I had it for over 2 years already) thats why the texture got bad.
    I really like how it comes in a tube though because I won't want to dip my brush into a pot for something that i'm using for my undereyes.
    Overall 4 lippies because it could have been better, but for the price I would say that just try it out if you've nothing to lose.

But I urge people with sensitive skin to think twice before purchasing because my friend got an allergic reaction from this and she had to throw it away;.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by rosealexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the comments here, I was super excited to try this product because I've been on the look out for a good concealer forever. I have really dark under eye circles and a few blemishes on my face that need a bit of extra coverage. I bought this in the lightest shade (#1) and it was a great match. When I applied it, it gave great coverage! However, I had some sort of reaction to it and it left my face peeling, red and stinging. I'm so disappointed because it would have been a really fantastic concealer otherwise. I don't normally have sensitive skin at all, and can use pretty much anything on my skin, so there must be some sort of allergen in this formulation. Disappointing, Za!