September 17, 2014 | 1983 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

I bought this mask last night in the health section of my super market because I've seen it all over pinterest. And honestly, if most people say it works, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Came home and mixed it in a glass bowl (good) with a metal utensil (bad. It clearly states on the packaging not to do that. I did anyway. Big mistake.) I mixed with water instead of acv, which made it super chunky and thick no matter how much water I used. So eventually I gave up my quest for the perfect consistency and attempted to get my face covered in what looked like green cottage cheese. Seriously, do what it says on the packaging!

By the time I went to wash it off my whole face was so tight I didn't want to move my neck. Despite the awful consistency it came off pretty easily, but if you have a super thick amount on like I did, I'd try to take off the thick pieces and just put them in the trash. Trust me, save your sink the trauma. Still, I was more impressed than I thought I'd be.

This morning though, I decided to try it out again, this time doing everything the right way. Used the glass bowl and the end of a cheap makeup brush to stir up a much smaller amount to put on my t-zone and one awful cyst I woke up with. The stuff is on my nose, and chin as I write the review and I kid you not, I can feel my face pulsating! That acv makes all the difference in my opinion. Also, much less horror was left in my sink when I went to wash out the bowl. No clogging or thoughts of calling the plumber in my head.

After last nights mask mess I still thought the product did a dang good job. But I just washed off the acv version and I swear that makes it soooooo much better! If your skin can handle the acv, do it! My pores are all cleaned out and lovely again, and that cystic monstrosity that developed over night dramatically reduced in one use. I'm using it again tonight to spot treat and I can bet that'll knock it out completely.

Because it does make your skin super tight, I'd recommend really slathering on a good face lotion or even coconut oil afterwards. My face did feel (but didn't look) slightly irritated and red, which went away after giving it a good dose of moisture.

This product does the job, and doesn't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing stuff! It transforms my dull, lifeless skin into glowing, tight & radiant skin! Gentle enough for dry, sensitive skin, just follow up with a moisturizer. I like to use mine with ACV. 1-2x a week & you'll feel golden!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by OrangeFruits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Using this for the first time tonight, and it's the first time I've spent more than 1 on a face mask-here goes!
Mixed the powder with cider vinegar and applied on face, neck, and some of my shoulders (some acne's there and is getting annoying) as a paste. I was kind of expecting it to go on grey, because that's the colour of the powder, but it's green (I look ever so slightly mouldy).
Smells of vinegar a bit, but oh well.
Within 5 minutes: Paste has hardened. Tight on face, can't really make any expression.
Within 10 minutes: I can feel my heartbeat in my face. I also cannot turn my head.
At 30 minutes:Washed off.
Skin definitely feels cleaner and smoother, and my spots have gone down by a pretty decent amount.
Didn't really feel the pulsing mentioned by a lot of people, maybe because my proportions were off, or my face is just tough.
Will update after a few more uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

The BEST clay mask I have ever tried. I have tried A LOT of them and this is the best. Real natural clay without any crap in it that YOU can adjust and mix. It works better than anything, even GlamGlow.

Pulls the dirt from the pores like nothing else I have used. This is real bentonite clay that the Native Americans used. Doesn't have any scent and doesn't irritate the skin. It can dry your face out if you use it more than twice a week.

GREAT stuff and so cheap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always come back to this face mask because it actually does a great job of purifying my skin and getting rid of any spots. I have clear skin but when I do get blemishes I just mix the healing clay with a bit of water and apply it with my fingers, wait 10-15 minutes, wash it off and Viola clear beautiful skin. The only thing I don't like about this mask is that it's gloppy and I wouldn't mix it with ACV as I have sensitive skin. 5/5 for this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has been unusually congested the past couple of months, so I decided to try this. I purchased the 1lb. Jar off of Amazon (I believe it was approximately $5.00, so it is very cheap), and it comes as a dry powder, so you can add either apple cider vinegar to it (as I did), or water to make your paste.

I mixed mine in a small ziplock bag, and applied with my fingers. I let it dry approx. 20 minutes and then took a warm, wet paper towel and placed that on my face to loosen up the dried clay. I closed my sink drain and put a plastic shopping bag in the sink to catch any loose chunks of clay, and then just wiped the rest off with the wet paper towels. I then rinsed my face with warm water and applied Cerave lotion. There was a small amount of redness on my forehead, almost like when you get a little too much sun, but nothing bad.

This morning, I could see a major difference in my skin. The pores on my nose looked better, a few blemishes on my cheek had flattened completely, and the area which has been plaguing me the most (between my eyes on the top of my nose) had no bumps. No dryness or flaking, and the slight redness from last night is completely gone.

I'm glad that I used it all over my face, and I'll probably continue to do so on occasion, but I now plan to use this as a spot treatment a few times a week (mainly on my nose or chin). I put a little more on my nose today and also a dab on the spots which still remain.

This time, I used the plastic cap from a bottle of toner (so any clean, plastic cap will work) and a q-tip to mix and apply this, so there was no mess. I'll do it this way from now on when I only have to use this on specific areas.

Hope this helps! I definitely think this is worth a try for anyone with clogged pores. The price is right and I'm happy with the results I've gotten...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by quickclamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is so amazing. i have horrible dry and cracked skin. it makes it so smooth and even. definetly one of my favorites

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Daeeezhaa

This aztec healing clay is pefect for people who break out all the time like me. When i break out alot i immediately go to this mask to clear it up a little. The pulsing sensational feels great! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by DietmountainDew

This clay mask + Turmeric juice = Works like magic in Acne prone skin!
A must try and must have!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alright so I gave two stars because I like to use this, makes everything feel pretty clean. But: it has not noticeably helped with me acne, AND:

I used this last night with ACV for about six hours as a spot treatment. I ended up using a good amount, more than I intended to because the zits were pretty small and I figured hey, it's all natural, only 6 hours, what's the harm?

Well. Not only did it not clear up the couple of zits, it made me skin WAY WORSE and gave me these bizarre RAISED RED SCARS that look as though my cat shredded her claws across my face. I thought that somehow I had cut myself or something, but I realized that the scars were located exclusively where the clay had been. They basically created an outline of irritated, messed up skin where the product was, it created contact dermatitis patches, and it's just awful, shows through makeup and looks super unpolished and gross.

I'm quite scared of using it again, but I might use it mildly, for 10 minutes or less. I do have very sensitive skin, so that could be why. Those with sensitive skin: BE CAREFUL, this can do some harm despite being natural.