Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

I wanted to absolutely rave over this like everyone else that inspired me to purchase, but this can be just as harmful as it is helpful if you don't use it correctly. I have combination, sensitive skin and this really turned me BRIGHT RED. Which I thought to myself, "Okay, lots of blood flow to the face to regenerate cell turn-over and regenerate itself." but it almost irritated my skin. I used it and noticed it surfaced a bunch of under the skin bumps. I was purging out all the gunk, but was also stripping my skin of it's essential oils in the process. Clay is used to absorb excess oils, but can soak up too much if used too often or if the skin is already overly-stripped/sensitive like mine. I used it with raw, ACV and it really aggravated my sensitive areas (chin, around nostril, jawline) causing cystic pimples. I since have been using just warm water to mix and I notice it works way better! I suggest this for even non-sensitive skin types. You'll notice with ACV it bubbles and breaks down the powder to a gritty texture. Where as with water it just mixes and stays muddy and clumpy, but not at all gritty. I feel as though the water method makes it a true to form mud mask. It dries much more clay-like in texture and in my opinion does a better job. I would repurchase for when my skin needs a deep down clean and blood-flow, but this isn't a weekly product for my sensitive, overly- stripped skin. I use it about 2 times a month and leave it on for an hour. I also like to use the clay mixed with my cleanser as an exfoliant on days when my skin is congested and flakey. It's priced very nicely. You get a ton of product for under ten dollars and it lasts forever! Haven't tried it on bug bites or as a hair mask yet, but will in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

All I have to say about this product is that it's absolutely amazing! It really is a very, very powerful face mask and using this alone will make your skin tighten and pulsate, and after enduring through that, it really does pay off! This mask clears your pores so much and gets all that gunk out of it and it really does help with breakouts! The minute I feel a pimple forming under my skin, I immediately use this mask and follow up with my regular spot treatment and 85% of the time, it will make the pimple completely disappear, and the other 15% of the time, the breakout doesn't go away completely, but it makes it so much less painful and small, and it usually goes away a lot less quicker than it usually would. I would recommend using this before you go to bed because it does make your face a little red from the intensity of the mask.
It does feel a little strange when you first put it on--you will feel your skin burn a little, and it will feel very tight and it will even throb, but that's actually how you can tell that it's working! I usually wash it off about 15-20 minutes after I've put it on and I wouldn't recommend leaving it on for more than 30 minutes. This mask is a little tough to wash off, so I usually do it in the shower because it can get a little messy if you wash it off in the sink. You can also loosen up the mask with water and then remove it as best as you can with water and then get the rest off with a wet towel or a makeup wipe! After it's off, I use moisturizer to calm the redness down and then continue with my normal skin care routine! I highly recommend this mask to anyone! It does wonders for your skin, and if you do see some breakouts after using this mask, it's probably from it cleansing your skin and pores, so just keep using the mask, and that should clear it up! I haven't had any bad reactions to this so far and I've been using it for years! My mom got a tub of it at Sprout's and it was less than $10, and it's lasted me forever and I still haven't used half of it! I wouldn't use this more than twice a week because it can be quite harsh for your skin if you use it too much.
Ways I use the mask (the recipe(s) works for one person):
1. Mix 1/2 tsp. of the clay with 1/4 tsp of water and 1/4 tsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar, you could do equal parts of both the clay and the ACV, the water just dilutes it a bit. (Not recommended for sensitive skin! The ACV will make the mask MUCH stronger, and it also will smell kind of bad, so it may not be for everyone!)
2. Mix 1/4 tsp of the clay as well as the contents of one pill of Activated Charcoal (can be found for cheap on amazon! It comes in a pill casing, so you just pull the pill casing apart and using the actual charcoal that's inside) as well as 1/2 tsp. of water. This one is my personal favorite! I use this the most! Just be careful, the Activated Charcoal WILL STAIN your sink and it'll get very messy to remove, so this is one where I almost always remove the mask in the shower! It's very hard to get off all the way because the charcoal makes the mask black so you might want to have a makeup wipe on hand to get it all the way off!
3. Mix 1/2 tsp of the clay and a little less than 1/2 of water. Then just add a few droplets of tea tree oil (which also does amazing things for your skin!) I also love using this method! You can also add the tea tree oil in with the clay and activated charcoal, which is also what I do use often!
Hopefully this helped someone and sorry it's so long! This mask is my absolute HG mask and it's cheap and lasts a long time! It's better than some of the high end face masks that I've tried! I highly encourage anyone to buy this mask! I've gotten my friends and family into it and they love it just as much as I do!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I really wish I could love this product like everyone else does. Unfortunately, all this product did was give me large painful breakouts! I know it wasn't purging, I stuck with this mask for a few months and they would never go away. I even attempted to use this multiple times after quitting, but I would just get the same results. I don't think I would recommend this for sensitive skin like mine!

I first heard of this product as a treatment for bites, and then stumbled upon the reviews for using it as a mask. Everyone seemed to love it so Amazon prime got it to me quickly. I didn't mind mixing or the discomfort of wearing it but what I have minded is how that one hour of wearing it left me with so many new, large, temperamental breakouts. I know some say that this will happen as part of some purging process, but I can't risk using this again. I haven't broken out like this in many years and it happened hours after using this mask. Not for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
I purchased this at Whole Foods and it was inexpensive, under $10 so I imagine it may be even less expensive elsewhere. This is natural. It works great. Super economical because you mix a small amount of the clay with water or apple cider vinegar. It lasts forever, I keep dipping into it, sometimes I even mix up too large of a batch, but my container doesn't seem to dwindle down much. My skin feels amazing after use. I recommend putting a layer across the skin on your face, neck, and maybe upper chest. I love that you can get an effective product at this low price-point. FYI > when it dries it cracks and it is difficult to remove. Use a very wet cloth or maybe wash off in the shower. You'll need to rinse/wipe several times, make sure you get all of it off. You will look "alienish" so warn your household you're doing the mask so you don't startle them.

This mask really helps tighten the skin and bring the dirt from your pores to the surface. They suggest to use it once or twice a week but i see the best results when i use it consecutively, like three days in a row. It really helps control acne and blackheads and acts as a great at home facial. I usually wash my face, use the mask, then use blackhead pore strips, apply a salicylic acne treatment and then my face lotion.

I've mixed it with just water and just apple cider vinegar and can't say i can figure out any difference except that my face will be more red after treatment when using the ACV. I stick to the ACV though because it's what it recommends. My skin can get very dry on its own so sometimes if my skin in particularly dry, i'll add some drops of castor oil or jojoba oil into the mix to get some moisture in there.

Love this product, bought it for my mom and my friend too.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My one holy grail beauty product. I am blessed to have good skin. I have never broken out and my complexion is even. Seldom has a beauty product impressed me because they never seem to make a difference. This is one of two or three beauty products that I have ever used that impressed me. I've been using it for 8 or so years and without fail it delivers results. Ideally I would use this mask 1- 2 times per month. When I slack on using it I can tell that my skin is just missing that tightness and glow. After using the mask, it's like I had a miracle facial. My skin just feels good. Before using the mask I rinse and scrub. I mix the mask with full apple cider vinegar and leave it on until completely dry (~20 minutes). Then I pick off any of the chunks so they don't clog my drain and rinse the remainder off in the shower. A little toner and some face oil and my skin is perfection.

Bonus - this stuff is ridiculously cheap and last forever. I think I had the small-sized container for 2 years before running out. I

I have never found a "Holy Grail" skincare product, until last week when I purchased this. I have combination skin (dry on the perimeter of my face & oily in t-zone). I wear makeup everyday and unfortunately have a lot of clogged pores/blackheads on my nose area because of it. I spent over $100 a month ago on a facial that did absolutely NOTHING. My skin did not feel smoother and my pores were not cleaned out good at all. I used this product last week and was BLOWN away. It literally took every single blackhead/clogged pore out of my skin. I cant believe the strength this mask has it seriously is mind blowing. I think everything should try it especially since it is so cheap and you get a lot of product. You wont regret it!! (Your skin will turn red after taking the mask off but it goes down after 30 minutes or so. Make sure to moisturize after!!)

10 thumbs up!!

K Guys seriously!!!! What the f is up with this stuff.....

I GOT STUFF OUT OF MY PORES THAT I COULDN'T GET OUT FOR YEARS..... like I'm freaking out right now.... one little squeeze of an area and little pustules come jumping out!

I kid you not you can watch the stuff coming out of your pores if you rub an area gently for 10 seconds

I can't believe I didn't consider this product A LONG TIME AGO.... My skin looks absolutely amazing and I'm in utter complete SHOCK.

YES x5

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I have never used any other acne product that works so quickly, so well, and is so affordable! Anyone who's struggled with acne knows you can spend a ton of money looking for something that works. If you're wondering whether or not to try this-- do yourself a favor and do it! 9 times out of 10 I would say it lives up to the hype. When I first started using this, I used it every night and it worked so quickly to dry up any blemishes and cystic acne I had. I noticed a difference after 1 use! As I continued to use it, my skin improved and I no longer needed to use it everyday. Sometimes when my skin is acting up I apply a thin layer on blemishes and leave on overnight. This leaves your skin soft but make sure to moisturize well as it could be drying. I use it with Braggs Apple cider vinegar and it works great. Someone on the sensitive side might wanna try using it with just water or a little bit of ACV diluted with water. This stuff is definitely worth a try. Whenever I use up the jar (it lasts a long time..I've been using the same har for 6 months and have barely made a dent in it) I will be repurchasing!

Popular Masks