November 23, 2014 | 1067 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Progres Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

I've been using this cream for over two years after choosing to purchase based on the great reviews. Overall, it's just a deep moisturizing eye cream. I don't have dark circles or noticable lines/wrinkles, so my use is preventative. It's very thick and takes a while to absorb, but it keeps my under eye area hydrated all day long. I've tried a lot of other eye creams, from Chanel to La Prairie, and this is the best all around product. I've also tried the Primordiale eye cream and it's also great. It's not as hydrating, but absorbs much faster.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by tickypost1

I bought progres eye cream based on the reviews here and so far it's been 4 days or so and i like it. i used to use clinique all about eyes before buying this product....I'll up date if i like it further since its only been a few days. I like it way better then any eye cream i have used so far but then again its been few days so i will update.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

This eye cream definitely has a cult following, and that following isn't just because it has been around for ages. I think it has a bunch of fans because it doesn't make any outrageous claims; instead, it just does exactly what it says it does -- hydrate the eye area. And it really is the best at that. For so long I looked for a nighttime eye cream that actually hydrated instead of evaporating after a few minutes. This hydrates and creates almost a sealant on the surface of the skin, trapping moisture in and staying like that all night. I am 22, and still in the "preventative" stage of wrinkle treatment. Therefore, Progres is perfect for me because, as we all know, keeping skin moisturized is a very important step in keeping wrinkling as minor as it can be. I have normal-to-dry skin and have never experienced any discomfort using this on my eyes. It is quite expensive, but it is so thick that you need to use VERY little; my first tub lasted about 5 months. Also, for those who use other anti-aging treatments around the eye area, this is a very good "topper" for those treatments. Just let the first product sink in for about 10 minutes, then pat on your Progres to moisturize. Anyway, I just bought my second tub and will probably continue to buy until I need to take my treatment plan to the next level.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

Progrès Eye by Lancome is an old school product of their's with no real age reversing benefits. It is a very heavily emollient formula for those who like that or require it but Lancome has at least two other formulations that are very heavy and that actually do something besides sit on the skin and be heavy. It has die hard fans because it was one of the best back in the day when there were virtually no decent eye creams and the formulation has never changed. Still, calf skin extract is not something I want around my eyes! Glad it works for others though. High Résolution Eye is far superior.

If I had age damaged skin I would use either Platinéum Eye & Lip or Primordale Eye or at least alternate one with Progres.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The product goes on smooth, with no irritation at first. When I wake up the next day, my eyes feel sore and painful - like I was punched in my eye area as I slept. Still on a quest to find a eye cream that hydrates my area without it irritating my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have very high hope for this Eye-cream! Because I been seeing lots of good reviews here, and Progres eye-cream have highest score among other newer techology Lancome eye-cream here.

I think Lancome is being very honest with this product. The only promise is... "Protects the delicated eye area. Combat and minimizes the appearence of premature signs of aging"! It really doesn't sound much... but I still faithfully using it for 5 months.

The result?

Pro: It is moisturizing, good for eye-concealer base. That's probably about it.

Con: I can't let this cream touch my eye-lid area, I've had serious allergy reaction if I wear it for my eyelid. (I'll end up having very horrible looking triple eye-lid!!) I was very horrified... and after a few testing, I finally realize it came from this Progres eye-cream!

For the under-eye area, I really didn't see any improvement, the texture is pretty hard to spread. I got used to it, but still... many people might not like it.

The price isn't cheap either!! And more importantly... Canada doesn't carry this, I got it from USA. My understanding is... this eye-cream is base on an older techology, a more classic line. Normally a classic line product will be cheaper then products that contain newer techology. Which I don't know why Progres is still as pricy as their new techology lines.

Overall, I like Lancome facial cream and toner. Even their foundation/foundation brush are nice. But I've had horrible experiences on their eye-cream. *So does my friends* This is probably the very last time for me to use Lancome's eye-cream. I've already bought Clarins's Restorative eye-cream, hopefully I'll get better result.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by khailinhk

As a Lancome beauty advisor, I know that Progres eye cream prevents the signs of aging by keeping the eye area well moisturized. My eye area began feeling dry during winter, and so I've been using Progres eye cream for several months now; I mainly use it at nighttime, especially when the skin around my eyes feel dry. It does a great job keeping the eye area moist since when I wake up in the morning, my eye area still feels hydrated and comfortable. It is a pretty rich cream, and does not absorb into your skin like most other eye creams (which is a good thing if you're looking for moisture). I would recommend this eye cream to anyone who just needs moisture and protection around the eye area, but not if you're looking for something to treat wrinkles and dark circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on reviews here, and unfortunately this was horrible for me. I began getting milia the first 2 days of using this, but I kept using it, and developed a dry rash under my eyes that lasted for weeks. I quit using this, and the rash disappeared. I have NEVER had this reaction before to any eye cream. Very sad b/c I had high hopes for this! UPDATE: I went back to this and used alot less of it this time warmed up between my fingers, and only around the outer eye. It does keep the area moisturized, I admit. But IMHO the ingredients don't warrant the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by fifitrixiebelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too, have been in search of an eye cream that simply hydrates my eye area, without any claims of removing wrinkles, etc. I've pitched many, many EXPENSIVE products because all they've done is irritate my very dry eye area, without moisturizing it. This cream is great. It doesn't sink in instantaneously, but it does sink in. I wear it during the day, under makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by cch27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stayed up an hour tossing and turning last night, just waiting for the stinging/burning sensation in my eyes to stop. It was my second night using Progres and I'm taking it back to Bloomie's today. I was using Creme de la mer under my eyes ( got it as a gift) and was looking for a specific under eye treatment to replace after it ran out but nothing has compared to la mer's richness and moisture. It's just seems strange to be putting castor oil under my eyes. Didn't work for me.