August 28, 2014 | 1757 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

Love organic oatmeal, I use my oatmeal with some organic honey for a scrub/mask and it makes my skin SO soft, tones just heavenly. I swear by that mask, doesn't break me out and makes my skin look and feel wonderful!! (Buy organic so your skin won't soak up hormones and pesticides!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Shadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I Tried This once and it clogged my stupid sink XD...but I like how it left my skin soft and not dry at all :) I will try it again for a while and see how things go.oh! grind it in a blender..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

Ahhh so soothing to my irritated acne skin. I used to use regular sized oats and attempt to get it on my face, but I just recently bought finely grained oatmeal, which I found at whole foods in the section where they have all those bins of grains and rices, where you scoop it out into a bag. I tried a "Scottish" cut type, but that was too scratchy. The finely cut one is nice and gentle. I pour some in my hand, add a little water, mush it around, and gently place it all over my face. Then I will either rub it around my face and then wash off or leave it on for a while. I do this after washing my face with raw organic honey. It doesn't cure my acne (trying out Differin right now), but it doesn't dry me out like everything else in the world, and it keeps things calm. yay!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Tatika

I love this stuff SO much. i have moderatley dry and (at times) very dehydrated skin and this has proven to be the most thorough and gentle cleanser i have EVER found- and i have tried ALOT (i currently have 7 face cleansers that I am trying to use up, lol).

The way that i like to use mine is that i first stir in a tiny little rice bowl (the kind you find in asian stores) about 1-2 teaspoon (the one that came with the little bowl) and i add water or toner, and depending how dry my skin is, a few drops of oil. While i let that sit and let the oatmeal get soft and slippery, i remove my makeup by massaging my face with argan/coconut/camelia/rice bran oil (whichever i fancy that day). I wipe this oil off and begin to massage my skin with the oats. I then use my clarasonic as though it were a regular face wash. i rinse and pat dry, swipe with a toner while still wet and then seal my skin with a cream/ and or oil depending on how dry it is that day.

As far as storage and preperation goes, I grind up my oats until they are a fine powder and put them in a mason jar in my bathroom. I also Love to mix in dehydrated fruit powder and dried coconut milk. I like to add oils and use teas or toners instead of water. I also like to mix in honey and turmeric for skin brightening mask. The mixtures a positively endless!

I also LOVE the fact that I can mix it as i need it- ergo its most potent and freshly made. As someone who tries to live naturally and simply this is a big plus for me!

I hope this helps someone!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Could I love oatmeal more!!! Aahhh this makes my skin SOFT. And does the cleansing part well enough too. Since I dont like washing my face in the morning (cuz you just wash away all the beneficial acids and oils that your skin had made up all night) this is definetly something that I would like to give a try. It is reaalllyyy gentle and works great for skin. (And yummy as a breakfast)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by browngirl471

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I soaked organic whole raw oats in a glass of water for 2 hours. After a quick stir, i drained out the oats leaving the oatmeal "milk" in a glass. Using a round cotton pad, I applied a very wet layer to my irritated, red, dry, flaky skin. I felt immediate soothing. I kept reapplying throughout the day and by late afternoon my skin felt right back to normal. This is highly remarkable for me, as I live in a frigid extremely dry climate and I suffer from eczema and dermatitis on my face. I was very happy to notice that all the redness had been alleviated. My skin felt calmed, soothed and lightly moisturized. I will continue to use this "toner" as often as necessary.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as a facewash, but it was the worrrst ! I liked the smell though . haha .
but i saw review videos etc on Youtube on natural oatmeal as a facewash, and it doesn't do what they say - smoother skin and soothing redness. this actually made me have more pimples and made more bumps on my face..... exactly opposite of what the reviewers say .
this is cheap to have a try though but i won't try it again lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by esholos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was having horrible breakouts from my birth control and tried every acne drugstore product under the sun with no success. I came here and read about the wonders of oatmeal and out of desperation decided to try it. I washed my face with it daily and holy crap it worked! Within 3 days my face was almost completely cleared up! Been using it for a few weeks now and have continued to not get any new pimples. HOWEVER, the reason why I can't give it the 5 stars it deserves is because I have formed a few cold sores and after research, oatmeal is very high in arginine which can lead to outbreaks. So, if you are not prone to cold sores give it a try, you won't regret it but unfortunately I can't continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kloudd4

Out of all things...who would have thought that OATMEAL would be my favorite thing for my face?! and this is coming from a girl who has tried everything under the sun for my mild acne problem. I would have saved sooo much money and time if I found out about this stuff earlier.
After washing my face, my face usually feels dry and I don't really like using lotion in fear of clogging my pores. Oatmeal seems to moisturizer my face really well so I don't feel like I need lotion. All I do is grind up some oats in my magic bullet (I bought organic instant oatmeal from Whole Foods) put some in the palm of my hand, add a little water to make a paste, and let it sit for about 10 minutes and wash it off. Sometimes, I mix it with Sea Salt if I want a little more exfoliation. (just be careful cause it can sting a little sometimes).
My other favorite thing to do with oatmeal is use it as a FACE POWDER! Again, who would have thought!? I have oily skin, so I've been on the hunt for a long time for a good face powder that will work with my oily skin. Most face powders usually end up making me more shiny or get cakey a couple hours later (or both). Some have even made me break out. I found using the ground up oatmeal makes an amazing face powder and actually seems to control my oily skin really well. It sits well on top of my foundation and it doesn't end up looking like sh** a couple hours later. I don't know how it would work for people with dark skin since the oatmeal is light colored, but I have light-medium skin so I don't really have an issue with the color of it. I think it looks great! I just use my regular powder brush, dip it in a little container of the oatmeal, kinda tap it off on the sides, and pat it on my face.
Last but not least, it really seems to be helping with my acne. I've been getting less break outs, and when I do break out, they are much smaller and go away quicker. And that is a HUGE bonus for me.
Thank you to everyone else on here that gave me these ideas to try oatmeal. Never would have thought of it without you guys. <3

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow. Not only do I LOOVE to eat oatmeal, but my skin loves it in facemasks too! :D