April 21, 2014 | 1393 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by esholos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was having horrible breakouts from my birth control and tried every acne drugstore product under the sun with no success. I came here and read about the wonders of oatmeal and out of desperation decided to try it. I washed my face with it daily and holy crap it worked! Within 3 days my face was almost completely cleared up! Been using it for a few weeks now and have continued to not get any new pimples. HOWEVER, the reason why I can't give it the 5 stars it deserves is because I have formed a few cold sores and after research, oatmeal is very high in arginine which can lead to outbreaks. So, if you are not prone to cold sores give it a try, you won't regret it but unfortunately I can't continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kloudd4

Out of all things...who would have thought that OATMEAL would be my favorite thing for my face?! and this is coming from a girl who has tried everything under the sun for my mild acne problem. I would have saved sooo much money and time if I found out about this stuff earlier.
After washing my face, my face usually feels dry and I don't really like using lotion in fear of clogging my pores. Oatmeal seems to moisturizer my face really well so I don't feel like I need lotion. All I do is grind up some oats in my magic bullet (I bought organic instant oatmeal from Whole Foods) put some in the palm of my hand, add a little water to make a paste, and let it sit for about 10 minutes and wash it off. Sometimes, I mix it with Sea Salt if I want a little more exfoliation. (just be careful cause it can sting a little sometimes).
My other favorite thing to do with oatmeal is use it as a FACE POWDER! Again, who would have thought!? I have oily skin, so I've been on the hunt for a long time for a good face powder that will work with my oily skin. Most face powders usually end up making me more shiny or get cakey a couple hours later (or both). Some have even made me break out. I found using the ground up oatmeal makes an amazing face powder and actually seems to control my oily skin really well. It sits well on top of my foundation and it doesn't end up looking like sh** a couple hours later. I don't know how it would work for people with dark skin since the oatmeal is light colored, but I have light-medium skin so I don't really have an issue with the color of it. I think it looks great! I just use my regular powder brush, dip it in a little container of the oatmeal, kinda tap it off on the sides, and pat it on my face.
Last but not least, it really seems to be helping with my acne. I've been getting less break outs, and when I do break out, they are much smaller and go away quicker. And that is a HUGE bonus for me.
Thank you to everyone else on here that gave me these ideas to try oatmeal. Never would have thought of it without you guys. <3

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow. Not only do I LOOVE to eat oatmeal, but my skin loves it in facemasks too! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oatmeal is a great treatment for my ultra sensitive skin. It doesn't cause me any irritation, and doesn't dry my skin out at all. I like to use once in awhile as a calming treatment when my skin gets irritated. It gently cleans my face, reduces redness, and helps to heal blemishes all at once. I don't think that oatmeal necessarily prevents acne, but it soothes irritation that can cause acne. A lot of my acne has been caused by irritation, and oatmeal has helped a lot with that. It also seems to help by making my skin a little less oily. The only complaint would be how messy this gets, but it's worth it.

Here's my routine: (I grind up the oats into a powder with my coffee grinder. This makes the exfoliation more gentle on my skin):

- Grab a handful of oats
-Keep a fist around the oats, then run them under lukewarm water until soft
- Gently massage the oats onto your face for about a minute or so.
- Rinse off with lukewarm/cool water.
- Pat dry

*Note: Oatmeal does not remove makeup. It's best when used as a calming treatment.

**Also, I've heard a lot of people are worried about clogging their drains with oatmeal. Grinding them up seems to solve the problem, plus it's more gentle on sensitive skin. If you prefer to use regular whole oats, just run the water for awhile after rinsing them off. This should prevent the oats from sticking and clogging the drains. Hope this helps ^.^ *

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

I frikkin love oats! More specifically, grounded oats mixed with drops of water as a face wash. It's calming, tones down redness and has anti-inflammatory properties, making it amazing for sensitive, itchy skin. Even if you don't have delicate skin, oats contain a natural cleansing agents called saponins that helps to gently cleanse the skin, cut through the day's grease and mattify while still providing moisture.

To make:

Ground dry oats in a blender for like half a minute. Just make sure its small but not too small, so it can keep its exfoliating properties. I mix it with water in my hand and apply the oat 'milk' (just press into the wet oats) onto easily irritated or red areas (cheeks) and let it sit for a few second before applying the oats all over my face in a circular motion.

It is messy but it instantly soothes my incredibly acne prone, semi sensitive skin. AND it leaves a powdery finish on my skin. It just leaves is so soft and silky and it's really good.

I used to use honey as a cleanser but it does have a PURGING phase that gives you tiny whiteheads for the first week. This is a much better alternative (no purging) and great for all skin types :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is like a bad-ish joke. After years and years of trying all kinds of pricey/ faddish face wash, using toner/ not using toner, patting/massaging on mosturizer, getting some kind of weird skin burn from various 'acne' products, spending a ton of money on brightening makeup ... Oatmeal has been sitting in my kitchen all this while?

I saw this as the top rated face masks on MUA and I just had to try. It's been about a week now of cleansing morning and night (I remove my makeup first at night with makeup remover wipes though), and my face has seriously never looked better (post-puberty that is).

I have combination, super sensitive skin that is prone to minor breakouts on my forehead and temples. I also have some crazy black/whiteheads on my nose area from time to time, and I need exfoliation every 2 days or so.

Since using oatmeal, I've noticed a few clear differences:

1) My face feels moisturized and not tight after washing;
2) My face is consistently 'brighter' and smoother after washing;
3) I haven't needed to exfoliate since starting my oatmeal regime (except for using a LUSH Brazened Honey mask once);
4) I haven't had ANY new breakouts on my face at all;
5) An ugly scar from an old pimple that I burst in a fit of anger two weeks ago is healing up very nicely;
6) My usually mid-day wok-like skin is NOT oily at all. This is the amazing bit... I go to work at 8am and leave at 6pm, and for the last blissful post-oatmeal week, I haven't had to blot or powder or touch up AT ALL.
7) I've cut out using foundation completely. Since my skin has been feeling so happy and clear, I just dot on some concealer, apply some loose powder and blusher, and I'm ready to go.

Oatmeal. Where have you been all my life? Overall it's just about the best thing that's happened to me recently.

Just massage onto your face for a minute (I run my closed fist under warm water for 10 seconds first), morning and night. I follow this with a Vitamin C serum and a gel moisturizer from Laneige. Twice a week I use a Greek yogurt and manuka honey face mask for about half an hour after cleansing. Also recommend the Brazened Honey mask by LUSH once a week to scrub out some makeup buildup you might have.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Amandajudy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! I read about this on MUA and was like...huh? This has probably done as much for my skin as all of the pricey cleansers and creams I have. It leaves my skin feeling very, very smooth. And it gives me a great glow. I typically wear pretty full make up everyday. But when I don't I notice that I have much, much better tone. I also wash my face and moisturizer twice daily.

I just keep a little Tupperware container of this in my shower. I roll it in my hands for about a minute until it gets pastey then put it on and let it sit while I finish the rest of my shower stuff. So cheap and easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by ohhhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using oatmeal for many months now. Thank god I found out about the goodness of oatmeal! It's super cheap and effective!

I have rosacea and sebb dermatitis diagnosed by the doctor and been using this once every week as a scrub. When I went back to the doc, she was shocked at how much improvement I made..

I use this as a scrub - just grab a bunch, add some water and mash them up in a bowl for a min - rub it all over gently and rinse off after a minute :)

I sometimes use it with plain yoghurt as a leave on mask for about 20 mins too. Works good in both ways!

ohhhoney.wordpress.com
I highly recommend oatmeal as a cheap, effective scrub and mask for people with sensitive, reactive skin. It only made my skin better over time. (But pls, don't be over zealous in scrubbing. It dried out my skin totally when I used it 3 times a week at the start).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Rockz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using oatmeal for about a year;
- As a mask
- As breakfast (really yummy with a banana <3)

It's really, really gentle.
Seriously. I've had dry, flaky, sensitive, acne-prone/healing skin and this mask did won-ders for my skin. I tried Bubzbeauty's method (look it up on YouTube!) and week after week, I noticed my scars started to fade, my complexion became less red, the flakiness decreased by 80% and most importantly... no acne!.
Nowadays I only exfoliate twice/three times a week, because my complexion is 90% clear, I kid you not. CLEAR!
Because of this I stopped using Differin, I just don't need it anymore
When I don't want to exfoliate, and want a ''quickie-mask'', I only use the milky substance as mask for 10 min and my skin is moisturized, fresh and soft again.

This is my HG mask. Period.
The only warning I want to give, is to not 'over-exfoliate' everyday, that WLL make your skin red and even more sensitive. Moderate exfoliation is the key to beautiful skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by peacelovepatchouli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i started using oatmeal as a daily face wash. i bought the 18oz tub from whole foods. it is their 365 brand old fashioned rolled oats. it is usda organic and vegan. i follow the instructions from bubz beauty: take a fistful of oats, run warm water through fingers to get the oats wet and rub it all over the face and neck. i massage the oats in for about a minute, until the mixture starts to get dry. then i rinse it off and pat my skin dry. my skin is very dry and i don't even feel the need to moisturize after this! it is soothing, moisturizing and mildly exfoliating. my mild acne has got better too, and i've only been washing my face with oatmeal for about five or six days. it is amazing!