December 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by fashionfreak678

This has been my favorite Bath and Body Works scent since first trying it 7 years ago, I still love it just as much as I did back then. It's a little perfume-y but not overly so, very exotic and unique. The lotion does a decent job at moisturizing my extremely dry, eczema-prone skin, but I prefer the Triple Moisture Body Cream and the body butter. Still fantastic regardless. Recommended!

UPDATE 12/14/2014: I actually got eczema after using Bath and Body Works products in the long run! Switched to Soap and Glory and haven't looked back. Still adore Japanese Cherry Blossom and use the hand sanitizer with this fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by AngTanseco

This lotion is amazing, It leaves your skin scented and moisturized. I've been using this for a year now and it's just amazing. I love the smell, it's not too strong and I've been carrying it around me anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I adore this stuff. The scent is amazing. I have it in a few things now, but I was first introduced to it through the lotion. BBW's regular lotion isn't crazy moisturizing, but it isn't watery or thin, either. I can use it normally about once a day, which is pretty ideal for my usual skincare needs. (I picked up a tube of the JCB Triple Moisture for very dry skin issues.) I'm now 25, and I can't imagine ever thinking of this scent as too young for me. My current neighborhood has about 20 actual Japanese cherry trees, and this scent is about as close to their flowers as I've ever smelled. Warning, though: Bumblebees and hummingbirds will think you are a flower. I also only buy from BBW from they're doing the Buy 3, Get 2 Free sale or whatever it's called. Their regular prices are kind of iffy to me for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I can't believe there are actually negative reviews for this! This is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled in my entire life. It's intoxicating!!! I love this so much that I have the shower gel, body spray, and travel size lotion as well. I can't get enough of this stuff. The scent is very strong and lingers for a long time. This could be a pro and a con depending on how you look at it. I would highly recommend this lotion to anyone who appreciates clean, feminine scents. It's so lovely words cannot accurately capture it. Stop by the Bath and Body Works store and try it out. You will definitely not be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Nice if you want to wear lotion instead of perfume. Light but not sweet or too young (like many of the bath and body works scents).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, I hated this smell. I could not understand the hype around it, and only had it on my shelf because somebody gave it to me as a gift. After a few months of it sitting there collecting dust, I tried some on.

Now this scent is by far my absolute favorite scent from B&BW. The smell is much better worn than in the tube. It is a bit overpowering though for people who cannot handle stronger smells, so it would be good to be conscientious about that.

I have read a lot of reviews online that claim it smells expensive and that people have gotten lots of compliments on it, but I have yet to get judge.

Would buy again, but only because I like it personally. Works just as well as other B&BW products. Unfortunately the EDT packaging is very ugly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Sakura78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this scent, I find that it's one of Bath and Body Works' longer lasting scents, on my skin at least. Unfortunately there are no Bath and Body Works stores in the UK so I buy online from Bath and Body Shop or E-bay. This is my favourite scent and one I definitely would buy again. I am a huge fan of musky, woody oriental scents and this ticks all the boxes for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

[BATH & BODY WORKS SERIES #5] This either is, or at one point was, B&BW’s most popular fragrance. I can see why. Japanese Cherry Blossom was the next wave of Cucumber Melon: unique enough to start a craze, but restrained enough not to polarise their customers. It’s a way to feel exotic without scaring off the status quo. I remember testing the fragrance mist for the first time, not long after it had settled in among the Signature Collection, sniffing my arm and having a mental orgasm over the notes, each more intriguing than the one before it. Cherry blossoms! Asian pear! Vanilla rice! Imperial amber! At the time, I was going through a fetish for anything Oriental, so it was safe to say I’d found the scent of my dreams—cue mad dash to the register. Give or take a decade later there’s still a vestige of sentimental favouritism between me and JCB, but there’s also a part of me that resents its longevity with the company while others I loved just as much—Butterfly Flower, Velvet Tuberose, Orange Sapphire—were chucked on the scrap heap. It’s weird, but I have to admit it. I want to ask A FRAGRANCE, an inanimate consumer entity, “What makes you so bloody special?” Which is why I haven’t committed to anything beyond the miniature trifecta in five years. If you are interested, I recommend the lotion, or the triple-moisture body cream, over the fragrance mist, because the scent seems to flow better in its creamy forms, whereas with the mist, each set of notes—top, middle, dry—comes jutting out at you from all directions. Just trying to spare you the literal and figurative headache.

PS: If I had the option, I'd rate this a 3.5, and answer "Maybe" to the repurchasing question. Since I'm not a total Debbie Downer, I went with the most positive available responses.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by demeter18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent of BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom is quite endearing. It's uplifting, sensuous, and distinct. I don't use though their mist because I find it overpowering. The lotion alone can be used as a light fragrance. I personally use the shower gel and the lotion and it does the trick of making me smell good all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by tjjean15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lotion isn't the greatest. Well, bath & body works lotions aren't all that great anyway. They don't really moisturize enough. I like to stick to their body creams! I'm giving this one a 3 instead of a 1 because the scent stays on ALL day! I love the smell, and the packaging is super cute!