April 17, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Nice if you want to wear lotion instead of perfume. Light but not sweet or too young (like many of the bath and body works scents).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, I hated this smell. I could not understand the hype around it, and only had it on my shelf because somebody gave it to me as a gift. After a few months of it sitting there collecting dust, I tried some on.

Now this scent is by far my absolute favorite scent from B&BW. The smell is much better worn than in the tube. It is a bit overpowering though for people who cannot handle stronger smells, so it would be good to be conscientious about that.

I have read a lot of reviews online that claim it smells expensive and that people have gotten lots of compliments on it, but I have yet to get judge.

Would buy again, but only because I like it personally. Works just as well as other B&BW products. Unfortunately the EDT packaging is very ugly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Sakura78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this scent, I find that it's one of Bath and Body Works' longer lasting scents, on my skin at least. Unfortunately there are no Bath and Body Works stores in the UK so I buy online from Bath and Body Shop or E-bay. This is my favourite scent and one I definitely would buy again. I am a huge fan of musky, woody oriental scents and this ticks all the boxes for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

[BATH & BODY WORKS SERIES #5] This either is, or at one point was, B&BW’s most popular fragrance. I can see why. Japanese Cherry Blossom was the next wave of Cucumber Melon: unique enough to start a craze, but restrained enough not to polarise their customers. It’s a way to feel exotic without scaring off the status quo. I remember testing the fragrance mist for the first time, not long after it had settled in among the Signature Collection, sniffing my arm and having a mental orgasm over the notes, each more intriguing than the one before it. Cherry blossoms! Asian pear! Vanilla rice! Imperial amber! At the time, I was going through a fetish for anything Oriental, so it was safe to say I’d found the scent of my dreams—cue mad dash to the register. Give or take a decade later there’s still a vestige of sentimental favouritism between me and JCB, but there’s also a part of me that resents its longevity with the company while others I loved just as much—Butterfly Flower, Velvet Tuberose, Orange Sapphire—were chucked on the scrap heap. It’s weird, but I have to admit it. I want to ask A FRAGRANCE, an inanimate consumer entity, “What makes you so bloody special?” Which is why I haven’t committed to anything beyond the miniature trifecta in five years. If you are interested, I recommend the lotion, or the triple-moisture body cream, over the fragrance mist, because the scent seems to flow better in its creamy forms, whereas with the mist, each set of notes—top, middle, dry—comes jutting out at you from all directions. Just trying to spare you the literal and figurative headache.

PS: If I had the option, I'd rate this a 3.5, and answer "Maybe" to the repurchasing question. Since I'm not a total Debbie Downer, I went with the most positive available responses.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by demeter18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent of BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom is quite endearing. It's uplifting, sensuous, and distinct. I don't use though their mist because I find it overpowering. The lotion alone can be used as a light fragrance. I personally use the shower gel and the lotion and it does the trick of making me smell good all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by tjjean15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lotion isn't the greatest. Well, bath & body works lotions aren't all that great anyway. They don't really moisturize enough. I like to stick to their body creams! I'm giving this one a 3 instead of a 1 because the scent stays on ALL day! I love the smell, and the packaging is super cute!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I have 2 bottles of this, both as presents, and it's a overall good scent.

The only problem is I don't like powerful scents, and this for one, is very powerful!

It's nice, floral, a light sort of bubbly (bubbly gum and floral) scent to it, and is nice. It also smells sorta like perfume if you use too much.

It's nice, but a little too expensive and just not for me, because it's heavily scented and not natural or half natural as I like it... though it moisturizes well/ okay :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely ADORE this fragrance. Its such a complex, sophisticated and sensual fragrance, I'm quite surprised with the low ratings. But then, fragrance is a very personal choice. I simply love it and will keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Japanese Cherry Blossom is an "award winning" scent that the brand calls a "seductive and mysterious floral scent inspired by the exotic gardens of Japan". Bath&BodyWorks elaborates on their description of Japanese Cherry Blossom by listing the key notes as "Japanese Cherry Blossom, Asian Pear, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals, and Himalayan Cedarwood." Bath&BodyWorks lotions are, in the brand's opinion, the perfect daily moisturizer, because the formula contains jojoba oil, vitamin E, and shea butter, and is fast absorbing and non greasy. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes their products in America. I purchased the 3fl oz travel size version for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. The mini sizes regularly retail for $5, or you can purchase the full size 8fl oz size for $11.
Packaging is a deep red, recyclable bottle with a matching cap with a pop up dispenser. The back of the bottle features a full ingredient list, as well as a bit of info on the company. The label is very attractive. Delicate, soft pink and white cherry blossoms and their shadows sit against a metallic red background. The name of the scent is written out in white lettering. As usual, the scent and label suit compliment each other very well.
Japanese Cherry Blossom is of those many love it or leave it scents Bath&BodyWorks makes. At first I wasn't a fan of it, because I found it too strong and heavy, but I've warmed up to it after a couple uses. Let me list out the full list of scent notes

Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple, Ume Plumb
Mid Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals
Dry Notes: Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon, Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood, Creamy Sandalwood

Japanese Cherry Blossom is very different from most other Bath&BodyWorks scents. It's very complex and sophisticated, though quite heavy at first. It's a much more grown up scent than what Bath&BodyWorks usually makes, so much so that it may smell a little out of place on their younger customers. Japanese Cherry Blossom is also unique among B&BW scents because it really develops and changes on the skin. When first applied, Japanese Cherry Blossom is quite strong. Musky, with aspects of cherry blossom, incense, cinnamon, lily, and the slightest hints of apple. It's deep, spicy, and exotic, but it stays close to the skin. I find it similar to Avon's Imari perfume, but lighter and less oriental. As Japanese Cherry Blossom dries down it develops into a lighter, sweeter version of it's self. The sweeter scents like vanilla and sandalwood become apparent, but you can still pick up the deeper, more interesting notes of incense and musk. Usually when B&BW make such a complex scent, many of the notes fail to show up, but in Japanese Cherry Blossom you can pick up at least half the notes. Good composition, Bath&BodyWorks!
Because of Japanese Cherry Blossom's unique and intense scent (at least among affordable brands), it's hard to match up with other scents I have. I can't really wear this with anything except Avon's Imari.
Bath&BodyWorks scents tend not to linger on the skin very long on their own, but Japanese Cherry Blossom sticks around for a good 4 to 5 hours. I'm sure you'd get much more from it if you layered the scent
I can't say too much about the lotion it's self. Its Bath&BodyWorks standard. White, thin-ish, sinks in quickly, non greasy. This lotion leaves your skin feeling soft, healthy, and comfortable. Perhaps not the "perfect daily moisturizer", but pretty good.
I like Bath&BodyWorks Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion. It's not the kind of scent I would normally choose for myself, but it's something different for both me and Bath&BodyWorks. This is a solid, complex scent that's both exotic and mature. It lasts longer than most of their scents. Bath&BodyWorks really made something special when they created this scent. They should make more scents like this, they seem good at it. I probably won't repurchase this scent, but I do recommend it if you're looking for a spicy, exotic, incense and musk laced scent at an affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my favorite BBW Signature Scent!!! It smells delicious (fruity and oriental) and the staying power is amazing. If I layer this scent with the body wash, lotion, and body mist before bed I can still smell it in the morning and all day. It's more than I usually spend on a bath or body product, but you gotta splurge on this every once in a while or bring it out for a special occasion...it's the best!!!