Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this for years! I love the smell <3

on 12/19/2013 3:58:00 PM

Wow. Just purchased this (in lotion and shower gel) and what a classic, warm, woodsy beauty! B&BW has matured and stepped up its game in the last several years. I hadn't purchased any of their products in a long time-- in fact, the last item I tried was the Japanese CB toilette spray back when the scent was first introduced, and I remembered it as bland, artificial and sickeningly sweet. At the time I remember saying, "Fine, who wants to smell like this, or cucumbers, or pumpkin, or taffy, or anything that comes in such juvenile and cheap packaging?"

IDK if the scent itself has been reformulated, or the product formulas, or both. But this is hauntingly beautiful and decidedly less sweet than floral and woodsy. I just love the sandalwood/vanilla/powder drydown. With just using the shower gel & lotion, the fragrance keeps going for a good 12 hours. And I'm someone who likes STRONG, classic "real" perfumes. I would put JCB in the history books as a successfully mass-marketed classic floriental with real backbone. At the same time, it's readily likable and easy to wear. I don't love BBW's fruitier and more candy-like offerings, but even with those, the packaging is now at least attractive and the products are cosmetically luxurious to use.

on 9/15/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As we all know by now, this and a few other scents are the only ones I'd buy at Bath and Body Works. It's your usual BBW lotion, it's thin, white, and non-greasy. The smell is one of those that are more sexy/flirty/you get the idea. It's also a bit strong, but I like being able to smell it on myself. BBW lotions aren't for people with dry skin, in need of something for their dryness. They do make my skin softer a little though, though I already have soft skin and didn't buy this solely for that reason. It's a very good lotion for those who want to smell great.

on 9/12/2013 9:21:00 AM

Bought this today at the store and thought it smelled nice (but a bit familiar). So when I went home, I found out that my Zara perfume in Oriental smelled so much like it. I'd say, 90%. So I exchanged it for Pink Chiffon and the sweet candy smell suits me just fine.

This has been my favorite Bath and Body Works scent since first trying it 7 years ago, I still love it just as much as I did back then. It's a little perfume-y but not overly so, very exotic and unique. The lotion does a decent job at moisturizing my extremely dry, eczema-prone skin, but I prefer the Triple Moisture Body Cream and the body butter. Still fantastic regardless. Recommended!

UPDATE 12/14/2014: I actually got eczema after using Bath and Body Works products in the long run! Switched to Soap and Glory and haven't looked back. Still adore Japanese Cherry Blossom and use the hand sanitizer with this fragrance!

on 5/30/2013 12:32:00 PM

This lotion is amazing, It leaves your skin scented and moisturized. I've been using this for a year now and it's just amazing. I love the smell, it's not too strong and I've been carrying it around me anywhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I adore this stuff. The scent is amazing. I have it in a few things now, but I was first introduced to it through the lotion. BBW's regular lotion isn't crazy moisturizing, but it isn't watery or thin, either. I can use it normally about once a day, which is pretty ideal for my usual skincare needs. (I picked up a tube of the JCB Triple Moisture for very dry skin issues.) I'm now 25, and I can't imagine ever thinking of this scent as too young for me. My current neighborhood has about 20 actual Japanese cherry trees, and this scent is about as close to their flowers as I've ever smelled. Warning, though: Bumblebees and hummingbirds will think you are a flower. I also only buy from BBW from they're doing the Buy 3, Get 2 Free sale or whatever it's called. Their regular prices are kind of iffy to me for the amount of product you get.

on 5/27/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I can't believe there are actually negative reviews for this! This is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled in my entire life. It's intoxicating!!! I love this so much that I have the shower gel, body spray, and travel size lotion as well. I can't get enough of this stuff. The scent is very strong and lingers for a long time. This could be a pro and a con depending on how you look at it. I would highly recommend this lotion to anyone who appreciates clean, feminine scents. It's so lovely words cannot accurately capture it. Stop by the Bath and Body Works store and try it out. You will definitely not be disappointed!

Nice if you want to wear lotion instead of perfume. Light but not sweet or too young (like many of the bath and body works scents).

on 3/5/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first, I hated this smell. I could not understand the hype around it, and only had it on my shelf because somebody gave it to me as a gift. After a few months of it sitting there collecting dust, I tried some on.

Now this scent is by far my absolute favorite scent from B&BW. The smell is much better worn than in the tube. It is a bit overpowering though for people who cannot handle stronger smells, so it would be good to be conscientious about that.

I have read a lot of reviews online that claim it smells expensive and that people have gotten lots of compliments on it, but I have yet to get judge.

Would buy again, but only because I like it personally. Works just as well as other B&BW products. Unfortunately the EDT packaging is very ugly.

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products