Aquolina Chocolovers EDT

3.7

on 2/5/2011 12:36:00 AM

It smells great from the bottle, once I put it on, I smell something very sharp, can't tell what it is, but to me it smells like medicated ben-gay. does any one else smell this? this reminds me of someone elderly eating chocolate while the aroma of ben-gay is surrounding them. I don't get this fragrance at all. Had to throw my bottle away. Tried all different ways to mask it by layering with different perfume, but nothing works. Pink sugar is wayyyyyy better.

on 11/11/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm so frustrated with this one. I absolutely love the high and middle notes- the orange, bergamot, coriander and hazelnut are *heavenly*. But then it dries down to vanilla and patchouli, which smells (on me) boring at best and cheap at worst.... It sort of reminds me of a more accessible Thierry Mugler's Angel. I just wish I liked the base more. :(

on 7/28/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG fragrance. I wear it almost everyday. It's more of a fall/winter fragrance but I don't care...lol. Everyday is a chocolate lover day.
The first not you smell is a soft coco but it's almost a vanilla/caramel chocolate (hazelnut I think). The interesting note is the bergamot smell. It's almost like a chocolate orange (love those things). The bergamot isn't overpowering thought, it just enhances the coco notes.
Love love LOVE this smell. It's almost like an oriental gourmand fragrance. My two favorite fragrance categories!

I love foody fragrances and this is a delicious chocolate. It is similar to serendipitous, but with a deeper darker chocolate. I like this one even more than serendipitous. The orange rounds out the cocoa nicely. Lasts several hours. This has been discontinued, but you can still order from various websites for very cheap.

This is a nice unique fragrance if you like gourmond type scents. It smells certainly like chocolate and is very sweet. Better than Pink Sugar in my opinion. Very warm.

on 1/3/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like Chocolovers -- I got this in a set with Pink Sugar last year after Christmas, although I really only bought it because I'd been wearing Pink Sugar for a while and needed a new bottle--this was on sale. It is definitely more dark and mysterious than Pink Sugar--but at the same time, there's something a little weird about it. Not that Pink Sugar isn't weird, but...you know what I mean. haha, or maybe not? It is the perfume I reach for when I'm trying to conserve my PS but still want to smell sweet. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I definitely like it and recommend it. ALSO! My sister found the big size bottle of this at TJ Maxx for...really cheap. Like, REALLY cheap--probably under 15 dollars. Does that mean it is being discontinued? Hope not, for everybody else's sake!

on 12/26/2009 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This perfume is is somehow delicious and sexy at the same time. Needless to say, I'm in love! I can smell the chocolate, more of a deep, dark chocolate, with hints of orange and spiciness. It is very complex and I feel both sexy and yummy when I wear it. A definite winner!

on 11/1/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with Chocolovers. Some days I like it and others, not so much. It's the citrus note that makes me apprehensive. I would adore it if it was all chocolate with vanilla notes. This reminds me of those chocolates that you whack open, the chocolate orange flavor. I don't detect a milk chocolate, but more of a dark chocolate with a bit of liqueor. This scent is sweet, but because of the notes, it smells a little bitter. I really have to be in the mood to wear this one. However, I really like the drydown. A couple hours after spritzing, this does morph into a softer, sweeter scent minus the bitterness. Would I buy again? Not at full price.

on 10/20/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a nice fragrance! Pink Sugar made me sick to my stomach after wearing it for a couple of months, but I'm coming back to Chocolovers for my second fall/winter in a row. I definitely smell orange in this, a deep chocolately orange like one of those gourmet chocolates with liquor in it...it's definitely sweet but it's not linear, it has depth and it's really nice for the cold weather!

on 8/30/2009 4:35:00 PM

I, like many others purchased this at TJMaxx (for $7.99 ~ YAY)! My daughter has Pink Sugar & she loves it so I thought she & I both would love this. I was right! I personally like it better because it is not as sweet smelling as the Pink Sugar. Chocolovers smells more like dark chocolate with peppery notes. I see that others notice an orange/citrus scent to it, however I do not. The scent doesn't linger too long though, so 1 lippie off for me. Overall, a very YUMMY scent!

Popular Fragrances