The Body Shop White Musk Line

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/26/2012 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like the White Musk line. I've used the eau de cologne, the body wash and the body lotion and i can't get over the smell. It's hard to describe, it's an addictive smell. Now i'm using the eau de parfum, it's basically like the eau de cologne but it has a stronger lasting power.

on 12/18/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Unfortunately, I seem to be mostly anosmic to this fragrance, i.e. I'm unable to detect a lot of the types of scent molecules used in this. Pretty much everyone is anosmic to certain musk molecules, so musk-based fragrances are always a gamble in that respect. What little I could smell of the product seemed nice.

on 12/17/2011 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ew. i do NOT see why people like this so much, my friend gave 3 sprays on me, and i hated it! and when i went to tbs, they said its best seller. WOW something is wrong with me. i think its the fact that im not a fan of this sorta smells :S

on 9/26/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This review is for the original White Musk perfume- with the black lid. I've smelled the white cap version and it's much lighter and more feminine.

I only got this because of the plethora of overwhelmingly positive comments about this, but I really (a thousand times) don't like it! I loved the 90s White Musk by Impulse and was expecting something similar when I got this, to no avail! It smells far too masculine and chemical for my taste. I'm a floral/fruity/gourmand lover and this one gives me a headache faster than you can say 'oh no'!

on 8/13/2011 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My sister used to have this fragrance and I used to borrow it every once in a while. I recently purchased a bottle of the White Musk EDT for myself and I really like it.This is a very "safe", pretty scent that I can depend on when I'm not sure what to wear. It's not offensive or overpowering. It smells pretty much the same in the bottle as it does on my skin! I like knowing what I'm purchasing. I can't stand it when I buy a scent that smells AMAZING in the bottle, but changes to a scent that I really dislike on my skin or clothing. It's a soft and (obviously) musky yet, light and airy fragrance. A clean-ish and static scent, but not in a soapy or chemical way. I would wear it in any season, day or night. The packaging and price are great. In essence, this is a staple fragrance for me to have in my collection of scents.

on 5/23/2011 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i brought this for my mum on mother's day, and me and her both, we love it. we're both fans of musky fragrances. it's not overpowering, more like subtle and sweet and.. musky.

the fact that this fragrance was made cruelty-free made me like this product so much more. because of that, i'll definitely buy this product again.

on 11/13/2010 11:44:00 PM

This is one of those scents that seems to catch my attention- and a few times when I have asked other women what they are wearing, white musk came up!

Its soft and feminine. Its also light enough to respray if it fades (I find the oil has a better staying power than the perfume).

on 6/27/2010 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

White Musk is one of my favorite scents not just from The Body Shop, but out of anything I wear. It's wonderfully sweet and light, but still has a slight hint of musk (so the name is completely appropriate). The lotions are ok, but they never seem to provide enough moisture. Also, beware the sparkly lotions-they are VERY sparkly. Unfortunately this scent never seems to last as long as I would like (but since it's a more subtle scent I suppose that's to be expected).

i love body shops white musk, i think its beautiful, lovely light perfumey smell. body shop always do it so much better than everywere else

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really disappointed to finally smell this one at TBS today. I generally pay more attention to their skincare than their fragrances, but the SA was all over me to try this "best seller" and I do really like Jovan White Musk. Well. I gave this sucker a solid 3 hours on my skin to see what happened, and it never got beyond the level of cloying laundry detergent. It's a soapy, chemically, artificial musk that reminds me of a thousand cheap body sprays whose purpose is more to deodorize than to add allure. Not what I anticipated from a company that prides itself on natural ingredients and an earthy aesthetic. TBS White Musk, to me, is surprisingly heavy and one-dimensional, and I couldn't wait to get it off me.

Popular Fragrances