July 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - White Musk Line

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the original White Musk perfume- with the black lid. I've smelled the white cap version and it's much lighter and more feminine.

I only got this because of the plethora of overwhelmingly positive comments about this, but I really (a thousand times) don't like it! I loved the 90s White Musk by Impulse and was expecting something similar when I got this, to no avail! It smells far too masculine and chemical for my taste. I'm a floral/fruity/gourmand lover and this one gives me a headache faster than you can say 'oh no'!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My sister used to have this fragrance and I used to borrow it every once in a while. I recently purchased a bottle of the White Musk EDT for myself and I really like it.This is a very "safe", pretty scent that I can depend on when I'm not sure what to wear. It's not offensive or overpowering. It smells pretty much the same in the bottle as it does on my skin! I like knowing what I'm purchasing. I can't stand it when I buy a scent that smells AMAZING in the bottle, but changes to a scent that I really dislike on my skin or clothing. It's a soft and (obviously) musky yet, light and airy fragrance. A clean-ish and static scent, but not in a soapy or chemical way. I would wear it in any season, day or night. The packaging and price are great. In essence, this is a staple fragrance for me to have in my collection of scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by ohtigerlily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i brought this for my mum on mother's day, and me and her both, we love it. we're both fans of musky fragrances. it's not overpowering, more like subtle and sweet and.. musky.

the fact that this fragrance was made cruelty-free made me like this product so much more. because of that, i'll definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

This is one of those scents that seems to catch my attention- and a few times when I have asked other women what they are wearing, white musk came up!

Its soft and feminine. Its also light enough to respray if it fades (I find the oil has a better staying power than the perfume).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

White Musk is one of my favorite scents not just from The Body Shop, but out of anything I wear. It's wonderfully sweet and light, but still has a slight hint of musk (so the name is completely appropriate). The lotions are ok, but they never seem to provide enough moisture. Also, beware the sparkly lotions-they are VERY sparkly. Unfortunately this scent never seems to last as long as I would like (but since it's a more subtle scent I suppose that's to be expected).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love body shops white musk, i think its beautiful, lovely light perfumey smell. body shop always do it so much better than everywere else

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed to finally smell this one at TBS today. I generally pay more attention to their skincare than their fragrances, but the SA was all over me to try this "best seller" and I do really like Jovan White Musk. Well. I gave this sucker a solid 3 hours on my skin to see what happened, and it never got beyond the level of cloying laundry detergent. It's a soapy, chemically, artificial musk that reminds me of a thousand cheap body sprays whose purpose is more to deodorize than to add allure. Not what I anticipated from a company that prides itself on natural ingredients and an earthy aesthetic. TBS White Musk, to me, is surprisingly heavy and one-dimensional, and I couldn't wait to get it off me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm Jekyll and Hyde on this one. On the one hand, I really, really do go a bit cRaZy over this clean, subtle, inoffensive, mature and powdery, though rather plain and boring, for it doesn't have much depth, white musk.........But on the other hand, it seems like I smell this EVERYWHERE I go(and on the wrong person or in the wrong place, it can smell artificial)! I even smelled it all throughout a casino I had visited( room spray?), thinking, 'What a super nice smell!' As I walked in through the doors. But then I smelled it with EVERY step that I took! It did become a bit nauseating after awhile(I mean, too much of anything would sicken anybody!). So, although it is subtle, it can be a bit much at times. I bought the 2oz for $28, which I did find to be a bit much for a simple white musk. I do prefer Jovan's White musk as that one is a stronger floral(and it's a lot cheaper!), but sometimes I just CANNOT find it! And this is a nice alternative, although I did NOT like the lotion at all. It had an old musty plastic smell to it-NOTHING at all like the toilette. And the toilette DOES last a long time! I applied it at 10ish in the morning, and it is now a bit after 6:30pm. Nice, but it also kind of reminds me of a men's after shave on the drydown.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

It smells good. I don't think you can really go wrong with a plain white musk scent. Personally, it's a little too simple for me to spend money on, but it is a casual and classic scent that is fit for any season.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by happygirl1

I just bought the perfume oil, and I love love love it. It isn't a gross/plasticky/cheap musky scent. It's rich, intoxicating in a captivating way, yet soft enough to not overpower anything or anyone. It stays pretty close to the skin, but I notice that when I warm up, it can subtlely linger. It was $16, which is reasonable for the amount - since its an oil and the lasting power is very good. I layered the Vanilla perfume oil over it, and it is a fantastic combination! Great both layered, or alone. I should note that I don't care for the EDT. It's not as cozy as the oil.