September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I went for this on a whim since I can not purchase my favourite (Perfect Whip Foam) here in my country and I rarely enjoy buying online.

It did not break out my skin, nor dry it out as much as the Perfect Whip. However, it is quite strong in the fact that it can remove my makeup, which I did not expect it to do as a "gentle cleanser"....

I use this with my hands, or with the facial brush from time to time. I've repurchased it as it gave me no problems, however I do miss my Laneige cleansing foam as well.

It lasts me a long time and I do like it enough to continue the purchasing since it doesn't give my skin problems. However, don't get it into the eyes accidentally or else you will have red eyes for quite awhile!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I went shopping and the Shiseido stand caught my attention because they were doing a little skin scan for customers that would help you identify your skin type and find the right products for it. So as the skinfanatic that I am I sat down and got my skin tested and the woman told me that I had dry skin (as if I didn't already know). Anyways, she told me to try out The Skincare range by Shiseido and recommended the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam and the Hydro-Nourishing Softener (and another product which however I didn't buy). So I bought these two items hoping that they would be my holy grail (after all I spent around 50 which is about $100).

The Hydro-Nourishing Softener did nothing for me but the Cleansing Foam was quite good and left my skin feeling squeaky clean and soft. You only need a pea sized amount and you'll still get a lot of foam out of it and the product will last you 2-3months if you ration it carefully.

The reason why I'm giving it only 3 and not 4 stars is because even though it's a good face wash it is just too expensive and I'm sure that there are cheaper options out there that are just as good.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little does go a long way with the Shiseido Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam. The scent is heavenly and the product removes all traces of makeup and oil, leaving the skin smooth and comfortable for the next steps: softening and moisturizing. I love the efficient packaging, which with a slight squeeze distributes the desired pea sized amount of the product. As another reviewer had mentioned, at $38 CDN it is not cheap; but since a tiny portion is required to take off all the gunk we plaster on our faces, the long lasting results would eventually offset the price point.

Update: Had to take a break from this product as it left my skin tight and dry. Perhaps my skin was reacting to the bitter winter winds or maybe it was a combination of the cleansing foam plus the cleansing oil that made my skin feel parched and overwashed? Will shelf it for now and retry in the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was getting bored with my Olay sensitive skin cleanser and decided to give this a try. Lets not kid ourselves, this is expensive ($38 CDN ), but as many of the other reviewers state, a little goes a long way ( pea size, seriously). The scent is light, fresh and somewhat addictive. I usually prefer fragrance free cleansers, but could not resist the scent! It foams up beautifully, and takes off ALL of my makeup, and I usually wear the works!!. It leaves my skin soft, feeling clean, but not tight. My skin is very oily, I don't know if this is the best for dry skin. Cerave broke me out terribly, but so far so good with Shishedo.

I have been using for over a month, and I have barely made a dent in the tube. If you are looking to switch things up, this is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by zuzukuzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is something that once you try, never go back! I got the sample after couple of usage i just went back to counter and get the full size! I have super sensitive, combination (most likely oily) skin and it cleanse all! I am very very happy with the product. Yes its pricey but the thing is it can goes more 4 months! Just little pea size is enough for whole face!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by HakkaTeaCeremony

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately for me, this product seems to strip the oil from my skin after 3, 4 uses. Handy package, foam is soft to the touch; but since my skin feels like a plain of drought..this is not a stayer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this at first. I got a sample from Sephora, and managed to get 4 uses out of it. Perfect consistency, foams nicely, leaves skin soft. Unfortunately, this cleanser clogged my skin. I'm grateful I didn't get the whole tube, as it's pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Trenty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very good cleanser...foams very nicely and cleans w/o feeling too dry afterwards.
little goes a long way. love that it has a flip open top so no losing the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by littlecagedbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I started to use this product last year, along with the softener and day & night moisturizers. It helped a lot with my breakout. I still got them, but it wasn't as bad. This product has definitely contributed to how improved my skin is today. It's nice and foamy, especially when used with the Shiseido cleansing brush. You'll only need to use it once to remove all make-up.

I've started to stop using it on my face because I found it harsh on my dry winter skin (hence why I took a lippy off). I started to get redness on my cheeks. Since I've stopped using it, my skin has improved. I still use it when washing off my eye make-up though because I use water-proof mascara. I also didn't want to waste the product. I might try it again during summer as my face gets oily then.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Interesting interpretation of "gentle". This cleanser very effectively removes makeup but completely strips skin at the same time. It leaves a weird "squeaky" residue too. Awful.