December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally, I would be hard-pressed to pay $19.00 for a 6 ounce bottle of facial cleanser - but after reading reviews on several sites, including this one, I was intrigued. I especially paid attention to the feedback given by the women in my age range (I'm 41), and I think those are the reviews that finally swayed me.
First of all, the scent. I was kind of expecting something either borderline unpleasant or too strongly of honey, or just plain foul. For me, it wasn't like any of that. The scent is definitely present and noticeable, definitely botanical, and definitely has a note of honey - but I didn't find it at all unpleasant, offensive or too strong. But, that's me. Everyone's olfactory senses are different, so...yeah.
Moving on...
I use one single pump to clean my entire face and neck, and I find that is quite enough. It does, in fact, very effectively dissolve and remove face make-up as well as eye make-up. I don't use a waterproof mascara, so I can't speak to it's effectiveness in removing that - but I'm quite pleased nonetheless. I use it with a little bit of warm water and swirl away.
I think two pumps would be a waste of product, to be honest.
Having said that, I think this bottle will last me quite a while if I only need to use one pump per wash, thus justifying the pricetag.
After all is said and done, my face feels clean and soft with no uncomfortable tightness or residue. No breakouts or "weirdness" so far with my combo/oily/sensitive skin.
I think this is a great all-around facewash/make-up remover in a snap, to be sure, but I wouldn't rely on it for anything more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a very difficult skin and its not easy to keep my skin in balance. I have had dry and sensitive skin since i was a kid, but in my teenage years my skin got oily and acne prone. Then it got better (still dry and sensitive, but the acne was gone). Now I am 26 years and my skin is dry, sensitive, oily and acne-prone (hormonal acne, I think). All in all, finding suitable products that dont make my skin dry, red, oily or break my skin out, are quite difficult to find.

This cleanser has lately become my favourite. It seems to keep my skin in balance, it does not give me any pimples but it also doesnt dry my skin out. I have now been using this for a couple of weeks and it really seems to work! Usually most of the cleansers break my skin out in a few days or sting and burn my skin, but this feels "right".

One thing I love about this cleanser is how well it takes my bare minerals foundation off. Most of the cleansers for dry and sensitive skin leave traces of makeup on my skin, but this one really cleanses everything and the skin feels super clean, yet not tight. Though it is for dry skin, it also works for oily skin, I think. My skin is often very shiny and oily (especially in the summertime) but this cleanser has balanced that and my skin doesnt get that oily anymore. It also moisturizes my skin, and I don´t have to use so much moisturizer afterwards. So, I would say this is by far the best cleansing product for those, who have sensitive, acne prone mixed skin with some oiliness and some dryness.

I´m not a fan of the smell, its way too strong! Usually I like fragranced products, but here the fragrance is just too much. But since this seems to work so well for my skin, I couldnt care less for the heavy fragrance. I will surely and gladly repurchase, because its only 15euros in my local pharmacy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I picked this up at a Paris pharmacy - how I love them! I've tried the Nuxe dry oil in the past and liked it. And in this case I was drawn in by the brand and by the great value. I got a 400 ml bottle and it said "New". I don't know if this "New" is in reference to the formula or the packaging, or the size, or the fact that it's for face AND body but well, there you go.

Although I didn't notice when I bought it that this is for dry and sensitive skin (whereas I have super oily skin in a super humid climate), I don't regret getting this. Firstly, it feels really gentle as it claims and I am not for using harsh drying products on oily skin. I use this only on my face in the morning when I need a gentle cleanse and it feels quite soothing. It's also soap free and yet I have not broken out or anything even though I have very oily acne-prone skin. People have spoken about the smell. It is strong but I don't really mind it. The packaging is beautiful in a typically French pharmacy way and very user-friendly. One pump is really all you need for your face and neck. It provides a gentle foam which is enough to make you feel quite clean. I think this is also ideal to use with Clarisonic and it has 90% natural ingredients. All in all, this looks like it could be my HG cleanser.

Edit: I have been using this for 3 months now and I am so afraid of running out! This HAS become my HG cleanser as I predicted earlier. It just feels so relaxing to use. One thing I want to say to all acne prone people - rinse off all products thoroughly. Don't leave any residue behind. A very simple but effective thing you can do to improve your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super gentle cleansing product, I was using the rose line also from nuxe and switched to reve de miel because it's more gentle, it cleans and hydrates at the same time leaving a wonderful honey smell, it definitely does not dry out your skin. It's directed to sensitive dry skin (I have combo skin but it's perfect for me) so for more oily ones it wont do much for removing oiliness I guess. I'm sticking with it, best one I have ever tried that cleans but respects skin's natural protective barrier at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser removes makeup fine. However, it's not for me, since it doesn't get the oil off my face well. I feel the need to follow up with my standard cleanser when using it. It's not moisturizing either, so don't know what skin types this is made for. As a makeup removing gel, it works, but I bought it to use as cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by stl

My skin is normally combination/oily, but I really like this cleanser in the winter months. I haven't tried using this in the summer, so I am not sure if it will work when my skin will get oilier. As for now, I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and natural. I like the fact that it doesn't lather much, which is good (means it's all natural). I find it that it works better when I massage it on a damp skin. I also love how it smells. This is my first Nuxe product and I am excited to explore the brand more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by vkun1297

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this for my dry skin, and love also that it's multipurpose! Works great for my face too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin, but I'm in my early twenties and also still have a bit of hormonal acne. Finding cleansers that get in my pores, do their cleansing job, yet leave things in a softer, healthier condition than before is fairly difficult. The Rve de Miel cleanser took some getting used to, but it's one of my favorites now.
It doesn't foam for me, but has a very concentrated gel feeling throughout the whole wash. It seems to wash away slightly milky, though, like an oil cleanser, and in many ways it reminds me of an oil cleanser in feel and technique (I do still use an actual oil beforehand if I'm wearing full-face makeup). I feel incredibly clean after washing, and nothing ever comes off on my toner pad. I had an outbreak festering when I first started using this but it went away very quickly, and I haven't had any real blemishes since.
At first I really resented the smell, as my sensitive skin usually gets really irritated by fragrance and this cleanser has a VERY strong perfume, but now I look forward to using it every day. Even my hands have a warm, floral-honey smell to them for a while afterward... and they're soft!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a little trial-sized tube that I've been milking for many months. I find myself occasionally craving the smell of this cleaner, which surprises me, because I don't often like honey-scented stuff. It does remove all my makeup, does not irritate my eyes, and rinses clean, but it does sometimes feel just a little drying. I'm seriously considering getting a full-size just so I can use it in the shower on my neck and decollete. I know, it's silly to have a special cleanser for one area, but I love the smell! Maybe I'll try their all-in-one facial and body cleansing gel instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

I hate to be the lone voice of descent on this one, but Im not a huge fan of this stuff. It cleanses ok. Its not especially gentle but considerably better than most stuff on the market. But, it was the smell that completely killed it for me. I feel like I'm being assaulted with honey from african killer bees that have been fed a steady diet of baby powder. Don't get me wrong, if it was a miracle worker, I'd tough it out. But its an average cleanser and I'm only a mild masochist.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No