August 22, 2014 | 1819 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - REVE DE MIEL Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super gentle cleansing product, I was using the rose line also from nuxe and switched to reve de miel because it's more gentle, it cleans and hydrates at the same time leaving a wonderful honey smell, it definitely does not dry out your skin. It's directed to sensitive dry skin (I have combo skin but it's perfect for me) so for more oily ones it wont do much for removing oiliness I guess. I'm sticking with it, best one I have ever tried that cleans but respects skin's natural protective barrier at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser removes makeup fine. However, it's not for me, since it doesn't get the oil off my face well. I feel the need to follow up with my standard cleanser when using it. It's not moisturizing either, so don't know what skin types this is made for. As a makeup removing gel, it works, but I bought it to use as cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by stl

My skin is normally combination/oily, but I really like this cleanser in the winter months. I haven't tried using this in the summer, so I am not sure if it will work when my skin will get oilier. As for now, I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and natural. I like the fact that it doesn't lather much, which is good (means it's all natural). I find it that it works better when I massage it on a damp skin. I also love how it smells. This is my first Nuxe product and I am excited to explore the brand more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by vkun1297

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this for my dry skin, and love also that it's multipurpose! Works great for my face too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin, but I'm in my early twenties and also still have a bit of hormonal acne. Finding cleansers that get in my pores, do their cleansing job, yet leave things in a softer, healthier condition than before is fairly difficult. The RÍve de Miel cleanser took some getting used to, but it's one of my favorites now.
It doesn't foam for me, but has a very concentrated gel feeling throughout the whole wash. It seems to wash away slightly milky, though, like an oil cleanser, and in many ways it reminds me of an oil cleanser in feel and technique (I do still use an actual oil beforehand if I'm wearing full-face makeup). I feel incredibly clean after washing, and nothing ever comes off on my toner pad. I had an outbreak festering when I first started using this but it went away very quickly, and I haven't had any real blemishes since.
At first I really resented the smell, as my sensitive skin usually gets really irritated by fragrance and this cleanser has a VERY strong perfume, but now I look forward to using it every day. Even my hands have a warm, floral-honey smell to them for a while afterward... and they're soft!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a little trial-sized tube that I've been milking for many months. I find myself occasionally craving the smell of this cleaner, which surprises me, because I don't often like honey-scented stuff. It does remove all my makeup, does not irritate my eyes, and rinses clean, but it does sometimes feel just a little drying. I'm seriously considering getting a full-size just so I can use it in the shower on my neck and decollete. I know, it's silly to have a special cleanser for one area, but I love the smell! Maybe I'll try their all-in-one facial and body cleansing gel instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

I hate to be the lone voice of descent on this one, but Im not a huge fan of this stuff. It cleanses ok. Its not especially gentle but considerably better than most stuff on the market. But, it was the smell that completely killed it for me. I feel like I'm being assaulted with honey from african killer bees that have been fed a steady diet of baby powder. Don't get me wrong, if it was a miracle worker, I'd tough it out. But its an average cleanser and I'm only a mild masochist.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Skin - Normal, drier in the winter, occasional hormonal acne.
* Review Ė I am a fan of honey, I cleanse with it from time to time. Honey is economical, organic, all-natural and helps to gently clear out my pores. I am also a fan of the Nuxe brand and so I was curious to try this RÍve de Miel (dream of honey) cleanser. The price may seem high for a cleanser but there is a lot of product which lasts a long time so I do think it's an economical overall. The pump is easy to use, dispenses as little or as much as you want or need and the container is such that you can see exactly how much product is left at the end. I like that itís gentle but cleans well without drying or irritating the skin. It has a nice light gel texture, not too thick but not too thin nor too liquidy either. Itís also soap-free and almost totally organic, without any parabens whatsoever. Previously, I cleansed with Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser by La Roche-Posay and while it is very good and gentle, itís not ideal for washing away makeup if youíre like me and are sometimes too lazy or tired to take that extra step to remove makeup at the end of a long night out. With the Toleriane cleanser, I always had to use a separate micellar cleanser to remove makeup beforehand. With this, I donít have to.
* Cons - I find that the RÍve de Miel scent in this cleanser is very strong and lingers longer than the hand cream and the lip balm in the same line by Nuxe. Personally, I would prefer the scent of this to be a little toned down and a little subtler.
* Price - A 200 ml pump bottle retails for about Ä11
* Verdict (updated 29 June 2012) - While I like this cleanser, I don't love it. I thought I would after after using it all up, but I don't. I will probably not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like the rest of the "Reve de Miel" range this gel smells absolutely divine. Very sweet and not exactly honey but something really sweet and floral and tender...However, it left my skin so tight that I had to double-check the bottle - yes, it claims it is meant for dry skin but I strongly disagree. I do moisturize afterwards but there's really no need for a cleanser to be this harsh on sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Nuxe skincare line, but this product is just meh. It performs as a very average gel cleanser. I do like how gentle it feels and that it does not foam up and leaves my face feeling clean. I have dry skin so it does leave it feeling a bit tight, but I immediately follow up with toner so it's not a big deal. The packaging is also great with a pump. The one thing I cannot stand is the heavy scent. It smells like sweet honey mixed with flowers, I think it would smell lovely if it were more subtle and toned down, but the scent is soooo heavy that I have to hold my breath when I'm washing my face. It gets a little nauseating sometimes. Would not repurchase.