OPI Cozu-melted in the Sun

4.1

on 6/13/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was intrigued by this color while looking at polishes at Ulta. I wanted something nice for summer. I thought this would look nice with tanner skin and outside because of shimmer in it. In the store it looked more pink, but when putting it on it's more of a pinky-copper. It's still a very nice color and perfect for summertime. I think it would look best on warmer and golden skin tones. The application was great about two coats and you're at opaque. I put on a top coat and it lasted about 5 days without any chipping. Definitely recommend for someone looking for a summer color!

on 2/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty nail color. Neutral but with a little kick. It's a shimmery peachy pink with what looks to me like silver microglitter. I have worn this color several times since I bought it, and it's perfect for when I don't want too much color on my nails but I don't want to go with a nude, either. I really like it. I have worn it as a sheer (1 coat) and as an opaque (2-3 coats). I like that it is a little versatile that way. The application is good, which is to be expected from OPI. I found this polish at my local TARGET store and paid about $8 for it.

on 2/10/2011 3:21:00 PM

this polishes is one of my favorites summer nailpolishes. it is a shimmery peachy-pink. i only use it during the summer time cause you need a little tan. during the winter time i am quite pale and it doesn't look as nice. i only give the polish 4 stars because i only can use ist during the summer months.

on 2/3/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this polish! I bought it a long time ago and had never really used it, just because I'm more of a blue/green nail polish person, but I was looking for something pretty and plain. It's very pretty, but not too plain. It's shimmery without looking like it belongs on a twelve year old, it applies smoothly, and dries quickly (which is one of the most important aspects of a polish for me...) The only thing I don't like is that it's pretty sheer, however, it is pretty easy to build the color up. :)

on 2/2/2011 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is such a beautiful, warm, peachy pink color! applies smoothly and looks beautiful against my neutral skintone! definitely recommend it!

I find with OPI nail polishes it's good to read reviews, because while it's ok that some nail polish formulas for a particular color are hit-and-miss, just because OPI is about $10.00 Canadian does not make it error free! I've been disappointed in their formulas a lot, and then loved other ones to death!

So Cozu Melted in the Sun (pics in my photos and swatches) is a gorgeous color. The formula is a very nice consistency, a little thick but not overly so, and it has a very nice shiny finish. I put on two coats (no base coat), and one top coat. The color in the bottle is very representative of the color that comes out, and it was released with the Venis a Ongles collection.

Love it!

on 11/17/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I own it but I never reach for it... In fact I've never worn it. It just doesn't appeal to me as a polish colour. Maybe it's not bright enough, it's definitely a bit more on the neutral side with some metallic shimmer. It's very pretty but not for me.

on 10/31/2010 8:23:00 AM

This nail polish remind me of Nars Orgasm blush. Indoors it looks like a metallic peachy shade but in the sun or under spotlights it comes alive with lots and lots of tiny multi-coloured sparkles. It took me 3 coats to achieve bottle colour and it lasted for few days before it started chipping. IMO this shade is subtle enough to be worn at work but at the same time it is fun and unique...

This is one of my HG neutrals. It's very pretty and feminine. I love the sparkle that it has. The color is very flattering as well. It's sheer enough that you can do 2 coats and have it be subtle or go ahead and do 3 for more opacity and shimmer.

on 7/12/2010 6:19:00 PM

I'm not sure why this color has gotten such mediocre reviews! I have this on my nails right now, and it's absolutely beautiful (if I do say so myself lol). Also not sure why so many people are describing the shade using words like "coppery" and "bronzy" in my opinion, it's neither. But then again, everyone's skin tone is different. To me anyway, 'Cozu-melted in the Sun' wears like a warm peachy-pink metallic shimmer w/pale pink and what looks like silver flecks (micro-glitter). This color reminds me a lot of Chanel Glossimer lipgloss in 'Pin-up.' It's a pretty unique color; perfect for the warmer months. It's one of those colors that looks quite different depending on the lighting. Admittedly, I wouldn't say this is a favorite or 'must-have' shade, mostly because I feel it's rather seasonal, and also, I just personally prefer creme formulas as opposed to shimmer/frost or metallic polishes. This one gleams and flashes like mad under incandescent light; the overall effect of which is beautiful and certainly well-suited for those occasional 'sparkly' mood moments we all tend to have :-)

Popular Polishes