July 30, 2014 | 1772 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cozu-melted in the Sun

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by thelips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty nail color. Neutral but with a little kick. It's a shimmery peachy pink with what looks to me like silver microglitter. I have worn this color several times since I bought it, and it's perfect for when I don't want too much color on my nails but I don't want to go with a nude, either. I really like it. I have worn it as a sheer (1 coat) and as an opaque (2-3 coats). I like that it is a little versatile that way. The application is good, which is to be expected from OPI. I found this polish at my local TARGET store and paid about $8 for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ariane82

this polishes is one of my favorites summer nailpolishes. it is a shimmery peachy-pink. i only use it during the summer time cause you need a little tan. during the winter time i am quite pale and it doesn't look as nice. i only give the polish 4 stars because i only can use ist during the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by amanda322

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this polish! I bought it a long time ago and had never really used it, just because I'm more of a blue/green nail polish person, but I was looking for something pretty and plain. It's very pretty, but not too plain. It's shimmery without looking like it belongs on a twelve year old, it applies smoothly, and dries quickly (which is one of the most important aspects of a polish for me...) The only thing I don't like is that it's pretty sheer, however, it is pretty easy to build the color up. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is such a beautiful, warm, peachy pink color! applies smoothly and looks beautiful against my neutral skintone! definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover126

I find with OPI nail polishes it's good to read reviews, because while it's ok that some nail polish formulas for a particular color are hit-and-miss, just because OPI is about $10.00 Canadian does not make it error free! I've been disappointed in their formulas a lot, and then loved other ones to death!

So Cozu Melted in the Sun (pics in my photos and swatches) is a gorgeous color. The formula is a very nice consistency, a little thick but not overly so, and it has a very nice shiny finish. I put on two coats (no base coat), and one top coat. The color in the bottle is very representative of the color that comes out, and it was released with the Venis a Ongles collection.

Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own it but I never reach for it... In fact I've never worn it. It just doesn't appeal to me as a polish colour. Maybe it's not bright enough, it's definitely a bit more on the neutral side with some metallic shimmer. It's very pretty but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish remind me of Nars Orgasm blush. Indoors it looks like a metallic peachy shade but in the sun or under spotlights it comes alive with lots and lots of tiny multi-coloured sparkles. It took me 3 coats to achieve bottle colour and it lasted for few days before it started chipping. IMO this shade is subtle enough to be worn at work but at the same time it is fun and unique...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my HG neutrals. It's very pretty and feminine. I love the sparkle that it has. The color is very flattering as well. It's sheer enough that you can do 2 coats and have it be subtle or go ahead and do 3 for more opacity and shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I'm not sure why this color has gotten such mediocre reviews! I have this on my nails right now, and it's absolutely beautiful (if I do say so myself lol). Also not sure why so many people are describing the shade using words like "coppery" and "bronzy" in my opinion, it's neither. But then again, everyone's skin tone is different. To me anyway, 'Cozu-melted in the Sun' wears like a warm peachy-pink metallic shimmer w/pale pink and what looks like silver flecks (micro-glitter). This color reminds me a lot of Chanel Glossimer lipgloss in 'Pin-up.' It's a pretty unique color; perfect for the warmer months. It's one of those colors that looks quite different depending on the lighting. Admittedly, I wouldn't say this is a favorite or 'must-have' shade, mostly because I feel it's rather seasonal, and also, I just personally prefer creme formulas as opposed to shimmer/frost or metallic polishes. This one gleams and flashes like mad under incandescent light; the overall effect of which is beautiful and certainly well-suited for those occasional 'sparkly' mood moments we all tend to have :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For some reason, this particular color makes me feel that this is a nail polish version of MAC's Nymphette lipglass. Cozu-melted in the Sun is a shimmery and warm peachy pink color. I think the color is lovely and glamorous, but still subtle and wearable. In the bottle, it may look a bit too glittery, but it looks much more subtle on my nails, which I like a lot.

I don't find the formula to be streaky or difficult to apply. It went on my nails very smoothly. Since applying the polish is easy for me, it makes the whole process of painting my nails much quicker.

The formula also dries quite quickly, which really works in this polish's favor. This polish is a bit on the sheer side, so two coats isn't going to cut it. Adding more coats is very easy since the polish dries so quickly.

With a good top coat, this polish tends to last a few days (about 3-4, depending on what activities you do). I don't find it to be any better or worse than most of the OPI polishes I've purchased.

Overall, I really like this polish, though I may go through it quickly, since I need more coats for this to be opaque. The color is lovely and super-wearable for my skintone and it's great for the Summer. I would purchase this again!