April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

EDIT:
I had been using (and loving) this for about 6 months and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It covered beautifully, was the perfect colour match and was just a dream to use. But I had noticed the product itself was getting really greasy looking in the day (literally there would be a layer of oil sitting on the top) which was translating to my face as a few hours after wearing it, my face would be SO OILY. This really wasn't good for my sensitive skin so I switched to Clinique's oil free 'Stay Matte' foundation and have got rid of this horrible hot mess.

___

I bought this because I was so impressed by Studio Finish concealer. I bought Studio Fix foundation once and hated it so much I swore I'd never buy Mac again. But after buying endless foundations (Revlon Colorstay, EL Double Wear, numerous Bourjois ones) I decided I wanted to break free from foundation and just use concealer on my skin to try and get it near-perfect. Studio Fix concealer worked a treat - it's very cream, extremely pigmented and you get a lot of product for the price. I have no complaints with it at all, it has transformed my skin.

I went all the way to Soho in London to get this (only store in the UK you can get it as it's a 'PRO' item) and was extremely pleased when I purchased it. Got it home and found it's not actually as good as Studio Finish concealer though!! Don't get me wrong, it's good... it's just not AS good. People who say the 2 products are the same are wrong. Studio Finish concealer is creamier and easier to work with. The full cover is slightly trickier and more matte. It still gives a wonderful, full cover look which you can build up but I doubt I'll repurchase. I would buy Studio Finish concealer 'til the day I die though!!!

For reference, I am NC20 in both this and Studio Finish concealer (Revlon Colorstay I am Buff, ELDW I am Bone and Bourjois I am Vanilla)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by FlavioR

Don't believe the hype around this product. You can achieve a more natural finish and the same coverage with foundations like Studio Fix Fluid and Revlon Colorstay. I think this is good as a spot concealer but that's all. Oh, and yes, no matter how you apply it (damp sponge, warm product, stippling brush, fingers) it will look cakey. If you sheer it out a bit it will still look powdery. People saying that it's not cakey are probably those same people you see at MAC with a full on clown face and blind about it. If you wanna buy this as a bulk inexpensive Studio Finish concealer go ahead, but as a foundation there are much better options out there. I can see this being a great foundation for photography, when usually the cakeyness is removed from the skin in post-processing softwares like Photoshop, but it's definitely not for daily use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was so excited to try this when I read the reviews. Oh so disappointing. I have very oily skin and this just gets so cakey. I got NC15 and its a little pale but that might just be because its summer. Will not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this a few weeks ago in NC15 and in white. I got the NC15 for everyday and the white for a dress up party in which I was going as Snow White.
First things first, I don't like it. However, I wanted to finish it up before buying another foundation (I hate waste!) So I eventually found a way that makes it look better (but still bad) on my skin.
Method:It is using my fingers to stripe the product onto the different areas of my face (forehead, cheeks, chin, jawline), then blending it all together with my Dior full coverage liquid foundation brush in a circular motion.
However, I do not like it. Firstly, I have very small pores, but this made them look larger. Even having just applied it, it looks patchy...3 hours later it looks awful on the skin, cakey and patchy...Its definitely not second skin. Transferability was high. I had to powder this heavily which exasperated the caked look.
Coverage was high, but I'd rather not wear foundation than use such an atrocious product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a few weeks ago at the NZ Mac store for $70, which is the most ive ever paid for a foundation but my all time favorite makeup guru Gossmakeupartist recommended it. This is DEFINITELY a full coverage foundation and you really dont have to use that much. I just blend in with a standard foundation brush. I was given NC20 but think i am more suited to a NC15. I think this product breaks me out though, which makes me sad because its such a good foundation! Although it is waxed based therefore sits on the skin rather than sinks in. I would re purchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Donato350

I have extremely acne prone skin and this foundation is a life saver! It covers everything flawlessly. Furthermore, it is the only foundation that does not irritate my skin. It's so emollient that there is no need for a primer or moisturizer.

My application routine:
1) Spritz Mac Lightful Softening Lotion. (No primer, no moisturizer, just this hydrating toner only)
2) Spritz 187 stippling brush with water and apply the creme foundation onto the face with small circular motions.
3) Set with Mac blotting powder.

Result: No one will no you are wearing a full coverage foundation.

I wear nc20 in the creme foundation and medium dark in the blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

By far, the best full coverage foundation! I adore this product, and I wish I tried it sooner. I have an array of full coverage foundations, but they where all liquids & I felt that they simply didn't blend good enough, or the colour match was a bit off. I also had to mix a few foundations to get the desired coverage, shade & look I wanted- it was simply getting to bothersome. I was thrilled when MAC started carrying Pro Products on the regular site, as my local MAC Pro store is a 2 hour drive. I ordered this right away & fell in love. I simply put a few dabs of this on my face, blend with my Real Techniques Face brush or my hands & get wonderful, flawless coverage. All I do after is put a little Studio Finish Concealer here and there, and a lighter concealer to highlight under my eyes and I'm set. I also don't agree that this product is pretty much the Studio Finish Concealer in larger packaging. I have tried putting the SF concealer all over my face & it looks extremely heavy & cakey- the Full Coverage foundation glides on, and melts into your skin. There is another plus about this product, it looks very natural :) it looks heavier once set with powder, but by itself it literally looks like skin- so if you have normal skin & can get away without a setting powder, this product would be great for you. Its long lasting, and a little goes a long way as well- I also suggest using a damp beauty blender (or even one of those imitation one's) for a very natural coverage. I'm over the moon with this foundation!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Ninababy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! You have to use this with a wet beauty blender or tapered kabuki ! Warm and damp! It blends perfectly if you do this. The finish is beautiful! The negative reviews have to be from people who just don't do it right. This is a beautiful makeup! I am super picky and it's my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have pretty dry skin right now (not flakey, just tight) and I don't find this cakey at all. The only explanation I could have is that people are using too much; you really don't need to use much at all. I use this because I want to cover redness - not rosacea, just high coloring in my cheeks. I don't have acne so I can't speak for that, but this covers redness like a charm. You barely need to use any, it's fantastic! I find this waaaaay less cakey than other full coverage foundations like Colorstay which was awful for me.

I swipe a small amount on my cheeks and forehead and use a Sigma F84 to blend it out. Blends easily, looks natural, and lasts all day. Will definitely repurchase but I probably won't have to for awhile since you get a ton for your money and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I heard this stuff was amazing from friends.... and of course gossmakeupartist is the one who basiacally sold this to me. So I purchased it online in nc35. It's a great color match for my skin. I am a sheer to medium coverage type of girl but this foundation is amazing. I use it with my beauty blender and sheer it out really nicely and it can be used as a concealor as wel. It's not cakey AT ALL! with the way I apply it. I feel that it looks like my own skin. It's a great amount of product for $31! 28 grams is a great deal. This will last me forever!! I will repurchase if I ever run out.

oh yea, and it doesnt make me break out! another plus

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No