December 22, 2014 | 1771 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Deansdaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Cow! This is my HG foundation. I just turned 40 and about a year ago really amped up my skin care regime. I'm a EL girl from way back so I turn to them to get my naked skin as good as it can get, and it's done a lot, but I still have unsightly cystic acne scars that are slightly more red then my skin tone. After a trip to the stylist, I caught sight of myself with in the mirror with harsh lighting. Even though I was wearing a Lise Watier Foundation and have few wrinkles or even fine lines, I felt the acne scars really made my skin look uneven and older. So I went on the hunt for a new foundation and thank you MUA posters because this is most definitely the one I've been looking for all my life! I used a wet sponge all over and built the coverage under my eyes and problem areas with a flat concealer brush. Fan-freaking-tastic results! And the price is right - less then EL and Lise Watier which I've been using for awhile. I ordered it on line because I have a new baby, but for you Toronto girls out there, you can get it at the Queen Street store.

PS I just looked back at my reviews from years past and I have to say this is superior to the Clinique compact creme I used a couple of years ago, because you need so little and it lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Decent medium to full coverage foundation. But lasts barely a month! Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a review on this once saying this foundation was a big pot of mac studio finish concealer. So I though I would make a deal buying this big version of my favourite concealer. However, this is not the same, it is not as opaque as studio finish concealer. But I really appreciate this formula. I first wet my brush with Fix+ and apply a little amount all over. It can be applied sheer converage. I do enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by briii

I went into the MAC Pro store to add some eyeshadows to my Pro palette and the MA brought my attention to this foundation. I immediately was turned off by the name, I like sheer to medium coverage foundations but she convinced me to let her try it on. She sheered it out with a damp sponge and I fell in love! I've been wearing it now for almost 3 months and still love it as much as I did. It has a generous amount of product (28g) and it lasts forever because a little goes a long way. To apply it I damp my beauty blender and apply with that. It goes on like a dream when you sheer it out and lasts all day for me. Absolutely love this foundation! Definitely recommend <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is actually great! This foundation is creamy, full coverage, and I love it! I have oily skin and I have larger pores so I put milk of magnesia in my t-zone and round me nose and this definitely prevents it from getting cakey in that area. I don't get cakey on the sides of my face.

I apply this with a dense kabuki brush to really buff it in. I start applying on the outer parts of my face and then blending it towards the center of my face without adding more. I really just get acne on the outer parts of my face like by my jaw.

I find that since this is more opaque, I'm not sure if it runs lighter or not. It may run slightly lighter... Or it just makes the face look very flat since it's so opaque and makes your face all one color and makes your natural contours look nonexistent. I have quite noticeable cheekbones and when I put this on it just sort of looks like I have chubby cheeks haha so it makes that natural shadow less noticeable so definitely contour. I'm actually an NC25 but use an NC30 it's just slightly darker... Maybe just more yellow but only half a shade darker and it's not noticeable. Which kind of bothers me because they don't have an NC25 color. My forehead is just darker and applying this makes me look washed out. With flash photography it REALLY just reflects the light due to the physical sunscreen in it so be careful with that

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this knowing that the darkest color nw50 would not work for me since i am nw55. It's too light for me to use as a foundation but EXCELLENT as a concealer. I use it for my super oily eye lids and my under eye circles and it brightens then up. you get a lot for your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

So ok this gem of foundation was sitting in my kit unused for the longest time, I was recently cleaning out my cosmetics and stumbled upon it and thought to myself "hmm i really should start using this" so i put it in my every day cosmetic bag to try out one weekend to test it out (its been years since i used it on anyone, and never on myself) would it last a full day? would it break me out?
CUT to the review: I love it, its creamy and easy to blend many have already said how to apply i find that in a pinch my elf powder brush worked great! I used it slightly dampened and also dry depending on how much coverage i want. my skin looks great, not cakey it lasts all day and bonus it doesnt break me out (like most other MAC foundations do). It still doesnt cover my mutant melasma spots without looking like a corpse.
CONS: this takes a lot longer for me to apply because contouring is an absolute MUST with this foundation. So, its not an every day foundation for me but i'm glad i re-discovered it.
Also, sad face... i dropped this the VERY FIRST time i used it and it now does not close all the way, it hasnt dried out and hopefully won't.
The color also is just a tad too pale for me, i must be somewhere between an NC20 and NC25 in MAC foundations because one is too dark and one too pale. oh well.

Plus, This really looks great in photos!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by roxieomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to love this foundation so much, but I'm struggling.

I'm not sure if I'm applying it wrong, or if my skin type just isn't compatible or maybe it just hasn't lived up to my expectations.

I used my Real techniques Expert Face Brush, spritzed with a little water to sheer it out because it's so thick. It's easy to blend which is nice, but I don't find this full coverage at all! I've used much better high coverage foundations, such as Revlon Colourstay, for half the price. Saying that, you get a LOT of product for your money. 28 grams for £25 does make me feel slightly better.

This foundation wears off easily, is highly transferable and seems to separate on my skin before my eyes. I'm so disappointed because I love MAC so much.

There are some good things about this foundation though. It blends like a dream, the shade selection is brilliant, although I think I picked up a shade too light (NW10) so I'm thinking of mixing it with the Max Factor Creamy Touch foundation to even it out.

Also I've found that it really does settle into my under lines, emphasising them so much. By the end of the day half of it's worn off and it's made my dry skin flaky and my spots are still visible! But where my skin is in good condition, by my cheeks and jawline I really do look flawless, which raises the question is it just my skin causing me to be so disappointed by this foundation? I've also found this foundation quite drying, especially when I use it with my Elf Studio HD Powder.

The packaging is nice, compact and modern. Exactly what you expect from MAC. It's sturdy and reliable.

I still have hope for this foundation, so I will continue on trying to make it work for me, I am determined to love it!

EDIT:

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I don't think I moisturised well enough before hand with this foundation when I first reviewed it, and also the color match was off. But now I mix it with a tiny amount of a darker foundation (Maybelline Superstay) and just..... wow.

Lasts all day, as long as you set it right. Minimal transfer, absolutely zero oxidisation.

I apply from the center of my face outwards and buff it in really well with the RT Expert face brush.

Love it, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by yudaliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great as a spot concealer, it will cover it amazingly well and make it invisible like its not even there but as a full face foundation would never use it, this product is way too heavy and hard to blend it drags when u blend with ur fingers, it leaves marks if u use a sponge or streaks if u use a brush theres no way around it and i dont even have dry skin but yes definitely spot concealer under my bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

EDIT:
I had been using (and loving) this for about 6 months and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It covered beautifully, was the perfect colour match and was just a dream to use. But I had noticed the product itself was getting really greasy looking in the day (literally there would be a layer of oil sitting on the top) which was translating to my face as a few hours after wearing it, my face would be SO OILY. This really wasn't good for my sensitive skin so I switched to Clinique's oil free 'Stay Matte' foundation and have got rid of this horrible hot mess.

___

I bought this because I was so impressed by Studio Finish concealer. I bought Studio Fix foundation once and hated it so much I swore I'd never buy Mac again. But after buying endless foundations (Revlon Colorstay, EL Double Wear, numerous Bourjois ones) I decided I wanted to break free from foundation and just use concealer on my skin to try and get it near-perfect. Studio Fix concealer worked a treat - it's very cream, extremely pigmented and you get a lot of product for the price. I have no complaints with it at all, it has transformed my skin.

I went all the way to Soho in London to get this (only store in the UK you can get it as it's a 'PRO' item) and was extremely pleased when I purchased it. Got it home and found it's not actually as good as Studio Finish concealer though!! Don't get me wrong, it's good... it's just not AS good. People who say the 2 products are the same are wrong. Studio Finish concealer is creamier and easier to work with. The full cover is slightly trickier and more matte. It still gives a wonderful, full cover look which you can build up but I doubt I'll repurchase. I would buy Studio Finish concealer 'til the day I die though!!!

For reference, I am NC20 in both this and Studio Finish concealer (Revlon Colorstay I am Buff, ELDW I am Bone and Bourjois I am Vanilla)