September 3, 2014 | 1403 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of many high/very high protection sunscreens I tried. I used it in very hot weathers of Florida and while holidaying on Southern European seas. It did what I wanted it to do - I did not tan at all! The texture and smell are heaven for such a high sunscreen but honestly forget about it! The reactions your skin gets after using it are horrible! The funny thing is that at first I decided that the very dry (almost peeling) skin around my month, all the red bumps and burning cheeks were all due to the seaside weather - salty air, strong winds and such, it was only then I ran out of it and had to use a different sunscreen I started suspecting Neutrogena but after reading the reviews of MUA members on this product I became convinced of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY. This gave me and a friend an ALLERGIC REACTION. I got red bumps on my face and her face cracked. Got so dry from this it cracked. NEVER BUY. CRAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Alexandria1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm incredibly fair skinned and this is about the only sunscreen that keeps me from burning. It doesn't leave that uncomfortable sticky/oily feeling most other brands do. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a larger bottle. It runs out rather quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, on the bright side, it really doesn't leave my skin oily looking like most sunscreens, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Unfortunately, it leaves a slight white-cast on my face. For paler Caucasians, it might not matter, but I'm a warm-toned, mid-dark Asian, so it makes me look like I applied foundation that's slightly too light. It looks even worse after I've exercised, since I get red when I'm huffing and puffing, and it makes me look positively sick. I tried putting makeup over it (I only use mineral foundation, though, so I couldn't try with something else) to see if it could cover up the white-cast since I had originally wanted to wear the sunscreen everyday, but it just made my foundation look powdery and it still didn't cover up the whiteness. Maybe I should have let the sunscreen sink in longer before applying makeup, I don't know, I will try that later. Lastly, it has a really strong smell. While most sunscreens smell, their scent usually seems to fade after a few minutes, but this one stuck for longer. In the end, I'm not sure if it lost its scent of if I simply got accustomed to it. Sadly, my family bought the large Costco pack, so we have to use it until its gone. As I'm the only on in my family that wears sunscreen regularly, this may take a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm generally pleased with this product. I have skin issues and lots of problems with sunscreen. With most sunscreens I get a greasy feeling over my face and skin, but so far this one hasn't done that to me. It also smells significantly better than most sunscreens I've used. My only complaint is that it needs to be frequently reapplied or else I will burn.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by echoflow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! Feels light, not shiny, soft on skin. Just anything I could ask for from a sunscreen. It has high spf too!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by jazzygirlxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very protective rubs on very well and not heavy or cloudy it does tend to have an odor not a bad one though! I recommend this highly and I use this as my sunscreen

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Carolinapink

Dry touch? Nop not so. Its greasy on me i apply revlon colorstay c/o on top of it and it does not stay i smear it if i touch my nose. So i have to put a powder ontop of it then my foundation...which i usually forget so yea. Has that chemicaly scent and stinged my lips but desperate for sunblock so i deal..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

Where i live, its summer almost all-year-round, so i was on the search for a good sunscreen to apply underneath my foundation and wont go greasy during the day..This product is actually very good, it provides a good matte finish and protects my skin very well. I loved it so much to the point where i bout 2 backups( its was an offer of buy 2 and pay the price of one). Since i use it everyday, it seems like my skin feels and looks better due to how well its protection works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jenny4m

I traveled 8 months in asia and this cream is an absolute life saver for my skin. I had tried another brand but with some places where I stayed, the cream went bad due to excessive heat. Neutrogena's sunblock remained ok. It does not feel very oily either.