Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, ppd 9

on 1/20/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I apply this product every morning after moisturizing and before makeup. Provided I let it soak in completely, the texture (thick at first) blends perfectly with my skin and does not interfere with my makeup.

I live in Wisconsin and wear this year-round, but also wore it during a June vacation in California and did not burn.

My HUGE complaint with this is that it hurts any tender skin on my face and melts into my eyes. If I am very careful not to apply it anywhere near my eyes, it's great! However, I want sun protection around my eyes, too ... and this just can't provide it. A bit got into my eye this morning, which caused my eyes to start watering, which caused even more to get into my eyes to the point that I was near blind/looked like I was sobbing at my desk and I had to go to the bathroom and wash off everything around my eyes just to stop. Now my eyes are bloodshot and painful :(

With that in mind, I would not recommend this product.

I'm liking this sunscreen so far.

It's quite thick, and not that easy to spread, but once you get the hang of application, it goes on evenly and smoothly.

It has a light, pleasant fragrance, and is a nice base under my bb cream.

It seems to last very well, I've never burned or tanned when wearing it.

on 8/29/2013 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of many high/very high protection sunscreens I tried. I used it in very hot weathers of Florida and while holidaying on Southern European seas. It did what I wanted it to do - I did not tan at all! The texture and smell are heaven for such a high sunscreen but honestly forget about it! The reactions your skin gets after using it are horrible! The funny thing is that at first I decided that the very dry (almost peeling) skin around my month, all the red bumps and burning cheeks were all due to the seaside weather - salty air, strong winds and such, it was only then I ran out of it and had to use a different sunscreen I started suspecting Neutrogena but after reading the reviews of MUA members on this product I became convinced of it.

HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY. This gave me and a friend an ALLERGIC REACTION. I got red bumps on my face and her face cracked. Got so dry from this it cracked. NEVER BUY. CRAP.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm incredibly fair skinned and this is about the only sunscreen that keeps me from burning. It doesn't leave that uncomfortable sticky/oily feeling most other brands do. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a larger bottle. It runs out rather quickly.

on 6/30/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well, on the bright side, it really doesn't leave my skin oily looking like most sunscreens, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Unfortunately, it leaves a slight white-cast on my face. For paler Caucasians, it might not matter, but I'm a warm-toned, mid-dark Asian, so it makes me look like I applied foundation that's slightly too light. It looks even worse after I've exercised, since I get red when I'm huffing and puffing, and it makes me look positively sick. I tried putting makeup over it (I only use mineral foundation, though, so I couldn't try with something else) to see if it could cover up the white-cast since I had originally wanted to wear the sunscreen everyday, but it just made my foundation look powdery and it still didn't cover up the whiteness. Maybe I should have let the sunscreen sink in longer before applying makeup, I don't know, I will try that later. Lastly, it has a really strong smell. While most sunscreens smell, their scent usually seems to fade after a few minutes, but this one stuck for longer. In the end, I'm not sure if it lost its scent of if I simply got accustomed to it. Sadly, my family bought the large Costco pack, so we have to use it until its gone. As I'm the only on in my family that wears sunscreen regularly, this may take a while.

on 6/26/2013 7:18:00 PM

I'm generally pleased with this product. I have skin issues and lots of problems with sunscreen. With most sunscreens I get a greasy feeling over my face and skin, but so far this one hasn't done that to me. It also smells significantly better than most sunscreens I've used. My only complaint is that it needs to be frequently reapplied or else I will burn.

Edit: My opinion still applies, but I seem to be allergic to the product now so I won't be buying again.

on 6/16/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love this! Feels light, not shiny, soft on skin. Just anything I could ask for from a sunscreen. It has high spf too!

on 12/27/2012 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very protective rubs on very well and not heavy or cloudy it does tend to have an odor not a bad one though! I recommend this highly and I use this as my sunscreen

on 12/27/2012 4:07:00 AM

Dry touch? Nop not so. Its greasy on me i apply revlon colorstay c/o on top of it and it does not stay i smear it if i touch my nose. So i have to put a powder ontop of it then my foundation...which i usually forget so yea. Has that chemicaly scent and stinged my lips but desperate for sunblock so i deal..