La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

3.4

Water, Cyclomethicone, Octyldodecyl Octyldodecanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Algae Extract, Malt Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lactobacillus Ferment, Polyglucuronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract, Glycine, Arginine, Methionine, Caviar Extract, Polysilicone-11, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Steareth-2, Butylene Glycol, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethoxydiglycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Algae) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Lactic Acid, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, BHT, Triethanolamine, Phospholipids, Mica, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Citral, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It felt and looked like it absorbed in my skin but it did not. It left a film on my face that was like a thin sheet of wax. My skin felt tight and possibly lifted but definitely not hydrated . I put on my foundation/concealer but all it did was roll off my face like dry skin /exfoliate would if you were using "pretty feet" on your feet. my foundation looked uneven , dry, and cakey . Had to start all over with other products to get out the door so I would not look like Gloria Swanson. Have tried it several times but no more . It was a terrible waste of my time and money .

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow, I was complaining about buying my Caudalie Premier Cru at $150. La Prairie Skin Caviar is $410. At a price like that, I would never buy this. But I did get this in the small sample size in a swap.

Even disregarding the price, this is a mediocre moisturizer. It smells very concentrated, but that does you no good if the ingredients don't improve your skin. Didn't feel immediately soft like Caudalie's or Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It didn't improve texture of the skin nor brighten the complexion. I'm on a budget so I wouldn't even know much about who this La Prairie brand is. Sounds like yet another company who managed to get awesome enough PR to where they can slap a steep price tag on utter crap products and sell it to naive rich women.

I use La Praire, but dont like the texture (too greasy) and specially the smell of this product. Also does not seem to do what other La Praire products do which is keep me fresh all day and wrinkle free. Would not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know why I got this ridiculous expensive moisturizer... The expensive moisturizer feels smoother, glides on easily and leaves that luxe feeling on the face and hands skin. However, does it really deliver other benefit? I'm not sure, at least after 2 months of usage I can't see noticable difference to a WAY cheaper OLAY Total Effect.

Bottomline: Definately won't buy it again now I have at least experience what expensive moisturizer "feels" like. But if you have a lot of money, probably worth to pamper yourself with the texture.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to love this cream, sooooooo wanted to love it, but was SO glad that I purchased a crazily expensive sample from sasa instead of a whole jar!

It felt very moisturising as it went on, very thick and lovely, and was absorbed incredibly easily, however every time I have used this, my skin has either felt very tight and hot, or sometimes almost stinging and that is not what I want from super expensive skin cream! It also feels like the soft moisturising feeling doesn't last, it only seems to feel that way for a while, then it feels dry again, compared to other creams that will last all day/night.

It also has a really weird smell, so that combined with my skin reacting to it, means I won't be buying again...

I do really like this cream, which surprised me because I usually find thick creamy moisturizers too much for my Combination skin. Since I have been using this (for two weeks approximately so far) I haven't had any breakouts developing and my skin feels very comfortable all day in the office. The only two downsides about this product is, of course, the price and that it doesn't contain UV protection. As this is very moisturizing and has already added colour to my face, after three days of application, I really think i'd need to wear sun protection on top of this, especially in summer. So for the price I would want a sunscreen and a moisturizer.
UPDATE: I've tried other La Prairie moisturizers from the other ranges and this one is by far my favourite, it gives my skin a real luxurious pick me up. The down side is still the lack of sunscreen but this makes a fab night cream.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this product given its considerable price but it did not do the trick for my dry skin. The texture is quite nice and feels rich and luxurious in the hands and feels good in the first few moments after application. After this short lived period of "bliss," the hydration quickly wore off and I felt left with a product that made my skin feel incredibly uncomfortable. I could always tell that I had a product on my face as the skin felt tight, dry, and almost irritated. The AHAs in the cream are not real great for those of us with dry or sensitive skin and the fragrance of the cream, while pleasant at first, can easily become overbearing. It quite simply did not live up to its claims and I felt as if La Prairie had left me with a practical joke and not cream intended to soothe, comfort, or in any way improve my skin. Thus, the search for the perfect cream continues!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My favorite Caviar product and much better then the White Caviar. Its great for Winter and for dehydrated skin when a moist recharge its needed. The smell is fantastic and make the skin nourish and plumps fine lines without problems and keeps the moisture for a few hours. Ideal to use at night or morning but if you use this during the day make sure you will apply an SPF on top.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Okay this stuff is quite expensive but hey, if you're after a luxury skincare product that has had a cult following since it's inception (10 years ago), this is it. Skin Caviar Luxe is a luxurious, antioxidant rich moisture designed to revitalize, nourish and minimize all signs of aging, not to mention the firming and lifting benefits. Does it work and is it worth the expense? Well for me it definitely gave my skin a healthy glow immediately and contributed to some positive comments from family and friends in as early as 3 days after use. Its too early (2weeks) to report on the lifting, firming and wrinkle aspects but we all know that no over-the-counter cream can perform miracles, so with this in mind, I'm sure I'll be happy with the longterm benefits of Skin Caviar Luxe. I think it's worth every cent! It's my little HG luxury product that makes me feel a million dollars.

i begin to notice tat there s a expression line around my mouth not long ago, which rly worried me a lot.i never use anti-aging product be4 becoz i thought i dun need to. but after the visible expression line suddenly on my face i decided to try this cream, i got a sample 1st n it rly works well on my expression line n moisturizing my skin, very smooth and makes my skin looked healthy n radiant the next day, it doent worth the price if tis cream just do the moisturizing job tho, it takes time to see the rusult i think (only hv been using it for less than one month until now) . i bought the whole range of skin caviar products after i used up the sample n it meets all my needs so far like reducing expression line, moisturize skin, reducing puffness n dark circles around eyes etc. i ll buy it again.