October 24, 2014 | 1562 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Suester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this cream, sooooooo wanted to love it, but was SO glad that I purchased a crazily expensive sample from sasa instead of a whole jar!

It felt very moisturising as it went on, very thick and lovely, and was absorbed incredibly easily, however every time I have used this, my skin has either felt very tight and hot, or sometimes almost stinging and that is not what I want from super expensive skin cream! It also feels like the soft moisturising feeling doesn't last, it only seems to feel that way for a while, then it feels dry again, compared to other creams that will last all day/night.

It also has a really weird smell, so that combined with my skin reacting to it, means I won't be buying again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do really like this cream, which surprised me because I usually find thick creamy moisturizers too much for my Combination skin. Since I have been using this (for two weeks approximately so far) I haven't had any breakouts developing and my skin feels very comfortable all day in the office. The only two downsides about this product is, of course, the price and that it doesn't contain UV protection. As this is very moisturizing and has already added colour to my face, after three days of application, I really think i'd need to wear sun protection on top of this, especially in summer. So for the price I would want a sunscreen and a moisturizer.
UPDATE: I've tried other La Prairie moisturizers from the other ranges and this one is by far my favourite, it gives my skin a real luxurious pick me up. The down side is still the lack of sunscreen but this makes a fab night cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product given its considerable price but it did not do the trick for my dry skin. The texture is quite nice and feels rich and luxurious in the hands and feels good in the first few moments after application. After this short lived period of "bliss," the hydration quickly wore off and I felt left with a product that made my skin feel incredibly uncomfortable. I could always tell that I had a product on my face as the skin felt tight, dry, and almost irritated. The AHAs in the cream are not real great for those of us with dry or sensitive skin and the fragrance of the cream, while pleasant at first, can easily become overbearing. It quite simply did not live up to its claims and I felt as if La Prairie had left me with a practical joke and not cream intended to soothe, comfort, or in any way improve my skin. Thus, the search for the perfect cream continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite Caviar product and much better then the White Caviar. Its great for Winter and for dehydrated skin when a moist recharge its needed. The smell is fantastic and make the skin nourish and plumps fine lines without problems and keeps the moisture for a few hours. Ideal to use at night or morning but if you use this during the day make sure you will apply an SPF on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by LuxurySkincare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay this stuff is quite expensive but hey, if you're after a luxury skincare product that has had a cult following since it's inception (10 years ago), this is it. Skin Caviar Luxe is a luxurious, antioxidant rich moisture designed to revitalize, nourish and minimize all signs of aging, not to mention the firming and lifting benefits. Does it work and is it worth the expense? Well for me it definitely gave my skin a healthy glow immediately and contributed to some positive comments from family and friends in as early as 3 days after use. Its too early (2weeks) to report on the lifting, firming and wrinkle aspects but we all know that no over-the-counter cream can perform miracles, so with this in mind, I'm sure I'll be happy with the longterm benefits of Skin Caviar Luxe. I think it's worth every cent! It's my little HG luxury product that makes me feel a million dollars.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by winnylin

i begin to notice tat there s a expression line around my mouth not long ago, which rly worried me a lot.i never use anti-aging product be4 becoz i thought i dun need to. but after the visible expression line suddenly on my face i decided to try this cream, i got a sample 1st n it rly works well on my expression line n moisturizing my skin, very smooth and makes my skin looked healthy n radiant the next day, it doent worth the price if tis cream just do the moisturizing job tho, it takes time to see the rusult i think (only hv been using it for less than one month until now) . i bought the whole range of skin caviar products after i used up the sample n it meets all my needs so far like reducing expression line, moisturize skin, reducing puffness n dark circles around eyes etc. i ll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by halve_moon

One day I saw my best friend and her skin just looked very radiant and glowing. I saw her 2 weeks earlier and her skin was definitely not as radiant as that day. I asked her whether she just had a facial or use a new foundation. She said she's been using a new night cream: the LP Skin Caviar Luxe cream. I went to MUA and read these mixed reviews and decided not to buy at first. However, as months went by, my best friend's skin remained as glowing as ever. So, in the end, when I finished my night cream, I gave in and bought it. I have never regretted my decision to switch to LP. Within a week, I got compliments from my friends and family. They said I looked glowing and radiant. They asked me whether I just had a wonderful vacation or a happy event in my life that made me so glowing. It was then that I knew that the cream is doing its job. It's been several months now that I used it and I can really feel the difference in my skin texture. I think after years of searching for my HG night cream, I have finally found it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by tomjac

I love this cream - couldn't give it a 100% rating due to the high cost. I use it off and on when my skin needs extra moisture or refining the texture of my skin. It does both and my skin looks brighter and fresher. Unfortunately I can't use it as much as i'd like as it is expensive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I take my skincare routine very seriously and I must question La Prairie's rationale of putting glitter in their cream. I know some day creams have a slight shimmer to make your skin look more luminous, but this is marketed to be an anti-aging treatment. And I'm not talking micro-fine shimmer, after application I looked in the mirror and saw random specs of what looked like glitter cream from Claire's. When I looked on their website it says the active ingredient is Alpha Hydroxy. For $400? Are they nuts? I'd rather buy a handful of magic beans. They must really think consumers are idiots. If you want good skincare with active ingredients go to Skincarerx.com, check out brands like IS Clinical, Skinceuticals, etc. I'm fed up with this skincare as a posh luxury item trend. How far are they going to take this gimmick? I can't wait for the day when I see a $5,000 face cream packaged in Lalique crystal. All ladies want to look their best and have nice skin, and I think it's highly inappropriate for companies to exploit them for that. If you want results and don't mind spending the money, go to a good dermatologist and do Fraxel, IPL, and the like.

In conclusion, I think La Prairie is a sham of a company and I'll probably never give them another shot.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by dianneb1947

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using a sample of Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for only a few days I developed a huge 2 folicle zit. I'm well past the age where I have break outs! I'm still dealing with it and it appears it's going to scar. What is in this stuff that could cause that? Other reviewers have apparently had the same problem. I never had a problem with Chanel Sublimage and have gone back to it. I do, however, like La Prairie Caviar foundation, so there is something in the moisturizer that isn't in the foundation.