Dove Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

4.3

Water, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Giardicus, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (may contain)

on 10/21/2013 9:22:00 PM

I bought this for the winter because my skin gets so chapped. Usually I am meticulously reading the ingredients but was in a hurry and ... well... it's Dove, right?

here are the ingredients: Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil or Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Lauric Acid, Cocamide Mea, Fragrance, Polybutene or Polyisobutylene, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Isostearic Acid, Peg-5 Cocamide, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Tetrasodium Edta, Etidronic Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

YUCK!!! I feel like I HAVE to use a loofah with this junk and it does nothing for my chapped skin except cause it to itch and burn.

I'll stick to the health food store and natural ingredients next time.

on 10/21/2013 5:53:00 PM

I have bought this product off and on for about the last 10 years. Each time I hope it'll be different but it never is. Dove Body Wash smells great and it is creamy, but it does not rinse off easily and leaves an itchy film on the skin (like soap scum). Never had this problem with moisturizes body washes from any other line.

on 9/15/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love! Literally the only body wash I have ever used that has not left me wanting to slather myself in lotion after. It really is a moisturizing body wash! I know this is subjective, but I find the scent (which others complain of) to be quite pleasant, and in fact one of the draws of the product. It is light, fresh scent, yet it also has a bit of powdery, floral aspect to it as well. Clean and soft smelling IMO, and the fragrance does linger a little after, which I find nice. Packaging very convenient and efficient, price quite reasonable (I found the CVS version of this to be identical, but even cheaper). Will certainly repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is wonderful! I love Dove body washes more than any other brand! The silkyness of other body washes seem to wash off with water, but this keeps hydrating even after you wash it off, you can feel the difference. The smell if fresh and clean. I highly recommend this!

Okay, so I'll just say first that I suffer from pretty dry skin due to a thyroid condition called Hashimoto thyroiditis, so I had some problems with dry skin in my legs and elbows and stuff, and it would make me itchy and irritated sometimes. I also live in Quebec, so our winters are pretty cold and that can also dry out my skin.

I picked this up at shoppers drug mart for 3.99 and after the first use my skin was pretty much back to normal. I no longer has crust dry skin on my elbows and my legs looked nice and smooth. I no longer have problems with itching or any irritation, and over all I am very very happy!

I'll probably stick with this as it has worked so well. It doesn't have a super amazing smell of anything though. But it lathers super well, and you can feel how mosturizing it is when you use it on your skin.

I love this stuff!

on 6/20/2013 9:20:00 PM

Luxuriously creamy feel and does leave my skin less parched post-shower. Smells soft, feminine and clean but does not linger. This is like the classic Dove bar reincarnated in creamy body wash form. Love it!

on 5/18/2013 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this body wash! I like body washes that lather really well. I don't know I guess it makes me feel like it works better when there's more of a lather. I enjoy the scent and I do feel like this hydrates my skin. I have rather dry skin on my legs and I feel like this helps my legs feel softer and smoother. I'm on my second bottle already.

on 4/28/2013 3:43:00 PM

I bought this after my dermatologist encouraged me to buy it for my extremely dry and irritated skin. It is very hard for me to shave my legs because they are so sensitive and get extremely irritated with bumps and rashes. This deep moisture body wash has helped so much when shaving and my legs are silky smooth after without any cuts. I highly recommended this to those with sensitive skin prone to dryness and irritation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nah, not for me. I didn't find this moisturizing at all. I still had to use a good moisturizer post-shower. I didn't like the scent, finding it kind of medicinal/soapy smelling. Yes, I know it's soap but I guess I'm used to fragrant products that smell a whole lot better. This just smelled like plain old soap. As far as lathering, it didn't make the cut too well either. Will not be in the market for this ever again. Too common with nothing special to it.

on 3/18/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Used it only one time. The second i left the shower i broke out in a rash. The smell also made me nauseous .