November 26, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is okay. The brush has a short bristle side and a long side, it takes a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to apply it without it appearing clumpy. It is a wet formula, I have noticed that throughout the day this mascara can smudge onto my upper brow (I have long lashes that touch the top of my eyelid) which is annoying.

I like that this mascara is safe to use while wearing contacts, and that it does make my lashes appear long. I think it's got a good formula but the brush is just really unwieldy and the mascara doesn't have fantastic staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Asian lashes and they are quite thin and sparse so I'm looking for lots of volume in a mascara.My lashes dont end up looking like spider legs after a few coats of this, and it builds quite well. The black is probably not the blackest black mascara I've seen but it does somwehat makes my lashes look full, separates my lashes well.The formula is quite dry for my liking but I guess the dry formula makes it easy to build without being clumpy... I have not experienced any flakes and it stays on pretty well through out the day, but it doesnt hold my curls quite well however and the dry texture actually makes my lashes feel slightly brittle. I like the wand as it is actually quite small, its easy to apply and gets to the corner lashes well without smudging. Removal is also a breeze I have not lost any lashes while removing this. All in all. a decent mascara but I have seen better ones...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this on clearance at my grocery store. Love it. Works even better then the other One Coat mascara that i was using. Makes my lashes long without making them all stiff and gooky looking. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Tshank777

Love this mascara it actually really lengthens. And thickens your lashes plus it conditions and I think it has made my lashes grow a lot faster. I have made this my new favorite mascara that I simply cant live without!:))plus the wand is actually really cool.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MarieW

The formula is great: it does not smudge on me like the One Coat Thickening. I would have thought the formulas were the exact same, but I guess not. I don't love the brush, but I tend to use the short bristled end with success. It gives me a fairly dramatic look. I am not able to remove it all with my regular cleanser, but it comes off with a bit of oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. It makes my eyes look big and bold without looking over done. I love how almay is allergy free. This is the only brand of mascara that doesnt make my sensitive eyes water or burn. I feel like this makes my eyes look very flirty.

The only issue I've had with it is making sure to get it all off at night. I have the hardest time. I think it is a good thing and a bad thing because they last all day though the toughest weather but its not good for me sleeping in it. Make sure you have a good makeup remover with this one (I dont even have the water proof one!)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Junkie1

I also bought this on emilynoel83's recommendation (she gives great reviews!). Iíve had the pleasure of purchasing some of the products she reviewed and agreeing with her. However, this is not one of them. If you like long, brittle, dry and clumpy lashes, this is your go-to product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a recommendation I saw on YouTube because the user compared it to the Lights Camera Lashes mascara by Tarte and because I have sensitive eyes and also because Almay is a brand I can always count on not to irritate my eyes. While it did add a ton of volume and made my lashes very thick and black, it unfortunately weighed down my lashes. When I first put it on, I like the job it did as far as lengthening and thickening. Also the color pigmentation is excellent, one of the blackest blacks I've seen. But unfortunately the formula does not hold a curl and my problem child lashes ended up pointing down, weighed down by the mascara. This formula is not for me, but I can see it being a great mascara for those that don't need to curl their lashes and want volume. I so wanted this to work for me but it didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for about a year and a half and I love it! I use blackest black and it is black! It doesn't flake or smudge and it stays for most of the day. I use this for daytime/work mascara. The wand at first was tricky to figure out, but I do 1-2 swipes of the short side to lengthen and then I build on top with the longer side to thicken. I find after too many coats it can start to clump, so I only do 2-4 swipes to avoid that. I did notice when I first started using it that it seemed to dry out fast, but I realized I wasn't twisting it closed tightly. Once I started consciously twisting it closed tightly I no longer had that problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on emilynoel83's recommendation (who I LOVE). Not liking this mascara at all unfortunately. As others mentioned, it dries out quickly but what I especially don't like is how it seems to actually weigh down my lashes. When I first put it on, it seems to do a decent job lengthening.. but after a minute, my curled lashes are pointing down, weighed down by the mascara. So far nothing has beat L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black for me.