November 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Mascara - MISSHA - Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

I LOVE this base. I haven't tried the other popular ones (Shiseido, mac prep + prime) so I can't really help those debating over which one they want to get. However, I can say that this base gives my tiny Asian lashes amazing length, volume and curl. I doesn't get clumpy, and it's really cheap compared to other mascara bases so it's essentially perfection =D .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by treedotcom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this product up for $9. This product doesn't do much for volume, but it is good for lengthening. I use a volume mascara so combine with this product, it works wonders for my short Asian lashes. I have Shiseido Mascara base and I find that this one works consistently better with many different mascaras. The Shiseido base works best with Shiseido mascara and mediocre with other brands. Packaging isn't anything amazing, but for 9 dollars and long beautiful lashes - I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No regrets! This mascara base dosent take long to dry and really helps to hold the curl and lengthen my lashes. I cant live without it... or rather, my peepers cant. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by goback

I bought this product based on the reviews and must say that i love it after using for the past few weeks. At AUD8.90 it costs a heap less than many other products out there and is such good value as it actually works! Plus you only need to use a little bit of base for best results as using too much will cause clumps. I used to use UTOWA mascara which I loved for how natural it looked but I had to stop using it when I found it would smudge by the end of the day. But I recently started to use it with the Missha base and it does not smudge anymore. I can wear it from morning to very late at night (over 12 hrs) without worrying about smudging. I think this base would work best with seperating or lenthening mascaras as the product itself already thickens.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by oceanmist27

This stuff is great! Not too expensive, and it does make a difference in my lashes. They look a LOT longer and fuller when I use this. I've never used a lash primer before, but now I'm hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by harriet_p

i heard somewhere that this mascara base is great and i thought why not, it's dirt cheap! i don't know exactly how much but it's under AU$15 so i gave it a try.

i recommend everyone to buy it!! it comes in a tube just like a mascara and you apply it after curling your lashes just like a mascara. it really helps to lengthen and volumize my asian lashes. i don't think it does any curling but that's not what it intends to do.. you'd have to rely on curler or mascara for that.

i took one lippie off because it goes on white which means you have to carefully make sure your mascara covers all of the white or else it looks dodge. also it kind of sticks lashes together, a bit clumpy so make sure you clean up lashes a bit with a small mascara brush or do what i do and use Q tip or fingernails.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by preci0us_dreams

Very nice base, especially for the price! Much better than EL Primer. Will definitely buy again! Comes in a nice clean looking white tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It did visibly lengthen my lashes, and I like how I can choose the mascara I want to use with this, instead of having it packaged together with the mascara. It's inexpensive, works well, and the packaging is slim and portable.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by paskiaq

I hate to be the lone dissenter but I don't think this base is that great. This makes me very sad because I was so excited when I read all the great reviews. I have tried it so many times, in different ways (ie. do one eye at a time, wait for base to dry/apply mascara when base is still wet etc...) and with a few different mascaras but it keeps killing my curl. At first I thought that I was just putting too much on, but it often kills the curl even when I take excess product off the wand and swipe on lashes just once (sometime it's ok on one eye but kills the curl when I do the second eye...ugh). I even tried to re-curl after applying the base, but doing that removes product from the part of the lashes that gets squeezed by the curler and I'm scared that my lashes are going to get pulled out in the process because the base makes my lashes stick to the curler. To me, any extra lengthening or volumizing is useless if it doesn't hold a curl because you can't really see those effects on straight lashes. I might try again just because I'm stubborn, but I can't really justify buying this over the Shiseido's base, when shiseido's base works so beautifully and effortlessly in holding my curl (I don't have time to fuss with my mascara in the mornings ) and I can get lengthening/volumizing from my mascara. Plus, since I'm in Canada, I have to buy it on ebay for about $14 cdn, as opposed to $5 in stores. So, I really can't recommend trying this unless you can get it really cheap and you don't care as much about keeping a curl or having to re-curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by deftones44

WOW!!! LOVE IT!!! I bought this because of all the great reviews I read on here, and boy I am sure glad I did. I bought it on Ebay for about $10, since I understand that they only have two stores in the US..? Anyway, this stuff not only makes my lashes ultra long, it also gives them gorgeous volume and makes them thick. It's so strange to think this little wand with white stuff on it can actually alter your lashes so much..I don't get how it works! I have found that it is best to do each set of lashes at a time.

What I do is curl my lashes, apply Missha base to one of my top lashes and then quickly apply my mascara. I think it's best to apply your mascara right away, so as to not let the base dry. I then move on to my next eye's top lashes and apply mascara quickly after, and then do my bottom lashes each separately as well. Just my advice, but I think applying your mascara quickly really helps.

Oh, and I use Diorshow mascara and haven't had a problem with my lashes not curling or not reacting well like I've read a few other people have had trouble with.

Love love love this stuff. Thanks MUA for leading me to this!!!