September 20, 2014 | 1157 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

When it comes to beauty tools and products, the classic Clarisonic brush is absolutely incomparable.

Now, I don't have a dramatic before and after story to tell you-- my skin has always been relatively clear and worry free. I'm also not going to go into intricate detail about every aspect of this product, given that there are already so many reviews that can tell you everything I know and more.

All I can say is that I truly did not know how it felt to have a clean face until the first time I used my Clarisonic brush. I received it as a gift from my mother maybe 4 years ago, as she swears by her brush, and has seen very dramatic improvement in her skin from using it. At first I thought it was a waste of her money, given that I thought my skin was perfectly clean-- but I was wrong. If you think your skin is clean after washing your makeup off in the sink, you're wrong, too. Let the Clarisonic prove it to you, like it did to me. I never thought my skin could get any softer, either, but it does, every time I use this brush.

Like anything I own, as a very clumsy person, this product has to be durable. Let me tell you, it can take one hell of a beating. I have dropped this brush many times, anywhere from three to five feet in the air, and it has never once broken or even scratched or scuffed in any way.

Perhaps the best part of this brush for me, provided that my skin has always been clear, is that it essentially takes whatever face wash you choose to use and majorly enhances the effectiveness of said product. I like to use the new Obagi wash (the one that he makes, not the brand Obagi that he sold), along with a Shiseido brightening wash, and between time I spend away from home without my brush, and time at home with it, there is dramatic improvement with the brush. It's like, My Soap but Better!

I told myself I would leave a short review, but I guess I just couldn't help it-- I'm ranting and raving, aren't I? That's just how great this product is, I guess. I honestly do feel bad for the people who dislike this product-- you guys are really missing out! But I guess not every product works for every person. I should just feel lucky that this works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I used it for the first month and i thought it improved my skin a little, but not THAT much. i stopped using it for a while and then i started to get these really small pimples on my face (i have oily/combination skin). i decided to try the clarisonic brush again, and within a week or so, all the small pimples disappeared! i wondered why i had even stopped using it in the first place.

i LOVE this brush! after using it for so long (the first month), the results weren't very noticeable.. but once i stopped using it and started to use it again, i could tell that it made my face feel so much cleaner! and i have less breakouts because of it!

I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I duno if I wanna buy again cus its expensive but I do love it!

I've been using the Clarisonic for about 3 months. I still have mixed feelings toward it. On the positive side- I have been very acne-prone for the past few years, and I think this has helped clear it up a bit. It does not perform miracles- especially if you are someone that already exfoliates well, but it does exfoliate and clean your skin very nicely. I use a very gentle foaming face wash with it. After I use it, I dry my skin, then wash it again with a benzoyl peroxide face wash- I was told when I bought it to use something that kills bacteria, because this cleans so deeply that it will spread bacteria- this may be the problem people are having with breakouts after using it.

The cons are that my pore size is definitely the same.

Overall, I think that it's a great product- my face feels much cleaner when I use it.

I don't think it lives up to marketing but overall its a good product that I came to realize that I NEED

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loving the Clarisonic. It's incomparable to the Olay brush as they 'move' differently. If you hovered them over a tissue, the Clarisonic wouldn't move it, it's that gentle. I don't advocate using it every day (let alone twice a day) as it's too harsh. I use it in the evening every other day. Has left my skin soft, smooth, exfoliated and is starting to reduce blackheads. Wash it out once a week with a disinfectant soap (you can buy from any chemists, just ask behind the counter). No need to buy any exfoliating treatments any more.
For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry to put a downer on this product but I'm afraid it didn't do me any good at all. I bought it for Christmas last year as my skin was breaking out a lot and I hoped it would be the magical product as described in the reviews.

I thought it would be okay as you get a trial period but after the time was up I didn't think I had used it enough to know whether it was good, so I kept it. I wish I had returned it now! After using it for several months I found that it irritated my skin even more. I always cleansed my makeup off before using it as I didn't want to push makeup into my pores and I followed the instructions carefully. It does get rid of every last bit of makeup and I would recommend it as an occasional deep cleanser, but found it too harsh for regular use. I also tried it with the other brushes in the range but it didn't make any difference. A very expensive mistake!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a birthday gift from my mom a few years back. Let me give you an overview of my skin condition before I go over this product. Before using the Clarisonic, my skin was really oily and I was prone to acne breakouts primarily on the cheeks, chin, and forehead. I was in my early 20's and I was still breaking out like a teenager. I was under all these prescribed topical ointments and oral medication like accutane, differin, and stevamycn. So you can imagine how bad my skin was. Anyway I came across this product while browsing at Sephora with my mother. The sales associate let us know about the products and even told us to go online to do some research before buying it, so just like a moth drawn to a flame, that's what I did. When I got my hands on the product and started using it rigorously I started to notice a big difference. My skin is still far from perfect but the clarisonic brush combined with my acne soap helped slather off all my dead skin cells, which in the end made my topical ointments more effective in getting rid of most of my acne...

My Clarisonic came with a bunch of cleansers but they did nothing for me, so i ended up giving them away. I just use my regular Cetaphil and GM Collins facial wash and all is well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by amikuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received my Clarisonic pro brush as gift two years ago after "hinting" at it for months to my boyfriend. Obviously, I was excited and had fully expected to never part with it...but I was surprisingly unimpressed. The brush come with the normal brush head, and I was instructed to use it twice a day. Now, my skin is pretty tough. I regularly try new products and change routine, and my skin never complains...until it was met with this brush. I started developing patches of redness on my cheeks even after reducing my usage to once a day, and I never made it past one week of use.

A year later, I discovered that Clarisonic had come out with their deep pore brush head. Deep pore cleansing sounded appealing to me, and since I already had the brush, the risk was minimal to me. WOW, I finally get why people rave about this brush.

Before, I was using a strong toner with alcohol (specifically the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2) to remove the remnants of makeup after a nice wash, which left my skin uncomfortably tight and dry. Bad for the skin in the long run, I know, but effective nonetheless. However, this brush has eliminated the need for a strong toner and did so without leaving the skin too dry. My skin feels squeaky clean and looks radiant after each use. My pores are no longer noticeable, and I haven't had a single blackhead in the past year that I've used this. I think products tend to absorb into my skin better as well. All-in-all I hate to sound cliche but my skin has never looked better.

So, if your brush isn't working out the way you expected, here's my 2 cents:
1) try a different brush head
2) switch to a gentle, alcohol-free toner if you aren't using one already and minimize use of products with harsh chemicals such as salicylic acid
3) use a soothing liquid lotion that you press onto the skin (called an emulsion by some companies)
4) have a reliable, go-to moisturizer at hand; doesn't have to be the number one HG product but just one that you know works for you

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Lkell5

Okay so this is my very first product review (on any website and/or product) but I HAVE to express how amazing the Clarisonic is! My skin was not horrible, but I had little black heads and frequently had a pimple or 2. Not only did the clairsonic clear my face of those imperfections, it also make it so soft and smooth!!! It also removed dirt I swore I got off with a wash cloth and my cetaphil.

BUT besides the fact the Clarisonic did WONDERS for my face, my favorite part about purchasing this product is.....it broke, 2 years after I bought it. I was out of town, a few girls stayed at my house and when I got home it was mysteriously broken.

So, I got upset my face broke out...and I figured what the heck I'll directly call Clarisonic. They did not ask me one question about how it broke, they simply got my shipping information and sent me a COMPLETELY NEW, FREE CLAIRONIC AND CHARGER! It was SO SIMPLE. All I had to do was ship back my broken one in the return label and box that my new products came in.

SERIOUSLY, what kind of company does that anymore? They respected me and trusted me and after 2 years of this product I got a new one free.

CLARISONIC truly cares about their customers well-being and isn't focused on what they can do to get more money out of their customer..... that is hard to find in companies today.

I'll forever preach that the claironic product is a life changer and the company is amazing!!!!!

Have a great day :)

-Laura

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the packaging, hate the price.
I think this is way over priced for what it really is. I find that it makes my skin increasingly irritated and red days after i use it. I only resort to this when i want to wash off heavily applied makeup and need an extra exfoliation. Other than that, I am not impressed for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is amazing, but honestly there are much cheaper alternatives (like the Olay brush) that are just as effective. The replacement brush heads are also much much cheaper!