September 22, 2014 | 2022 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Professional Ceramic Straightener with 2 inches plates

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2006 4:29:00 AM More reviews by sharmeen

This thing definately didn't work on me. Btw - I have long curly hair - and i like to get a straight frizz-free look sometimes but even the ceremic Iron doesn't work. I usually have to do lot's more than just ironing it. I have to blow dry it straight and then on top of my hair i use the conair ceremic straightner - to flatten it out a bit- it works only at that time. Such a waste of time + money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2006 8:13:00 PM More reviews by northdakota84

I had originally bought one of these about 3 years ago. That version (without the Turbo heat button) worked like a charm. Unfortunately, a few months ago it short-circuited or something and overheated to the point it burned a piece of my hair off (I had it set on a medium setting). I went out to repurchase it and got the newer version which I am not impressed with. As another reviewer mentioned, my hair gets snagged between the plates somehow. This did not happen with the older version. Disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my first flat iron, so I don't have any others to compare this to. I do notice a few things though - first, my hair snags between the two plates. As I'm pulling the iron through sections of my hair, I notice it doesn't pass through smoothly like it does with my hairstylist's professional grade flat iron. Secondly, after a few months of use, there was this gross yellow residue that showed up on the plates. At first I thought it was because my trashy roommate had been using my flat iron and her extensions had melted on the plates (HAH!), but I was told that it was the glue from the plates, or the "ceramic" coating on the plates had melted off. Hmmm. Either way, I don't think I'd repurchase or buy another drug store flat iron. If you're a heavy-duty straight-ironing girl, I think it would be worth your while to stick with the high end stuff and skip the cheapy stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by 5jmullett

I love this straightener. I have long, medium-thick hair that is naturally wavy. After washing my hair, I use an anti-frizz serum, blow it dry, then I use this straightener. It only takes about 15 minutes to have it straight and sleek. I finish it off by using Biosilk shine-on spray. I live in Florida where it can be very humid, and it's nice to have hair that stays straight. I was using a steam-straightening iron, that did nothing for me, but this is definately worth the price. I bought it at WalMart for $18.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MixedFeelings23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if this is the exact flat iron I have (well had). Mine did not have the teeth, shown in the picture of the other review. But, it was the exact same one (just minus the teeth). It was FABULOUS! My friend got it for me at Wal-mart for $30.00. (But...she ended up "borrowing" it and she will not give it back to me! I have been looking all over for it again!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

http://www.conair-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CON+CS19JCS&. I'm reviewing the above product since Conair has so many different kinds of flat iron. PROS: It does the JOB quickly and effectively. My hair becomes smooth, soft, shinny, and straight (wow, 4 S's). CONS: It's 2" wide so it's not ideal for short hair. It's a little on a heavy side. I've tried Sedu flat iron ($120) and compared to Sedu, this is twice as heavy although the results are similar and the price for this is 1/3 of Sedu.