August 2, 2014 | 1598 users online

Moisturizers - Erno Laszlo - Active Phelityl Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Jacobowski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Active Phelityl Cream is one of the original products made by Erno Laszlo himself and jars of it were found on Marilyn Monroes nightstand after her suicide (you can see them on photos). It is emollient rich and nurturing and apart from using it as a moisturizer for dry skin it can also be used as a shielding cream in cold weather or when skiing i.e.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Superb moisturizer, pre-treatment on problem areas before moisturizer,
night cream, lip cream, eyecream. The active pHelityl cream is NOT
new, this product was in a 4 oz jar in the late 1970s. The current
formulation could possibly be new, I don't know.
A whisper of amount does the job. Rich rich rich. Magic stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by cholmondeley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is actually for the entire 10:30 routine. I've been using Erno Laszlo since 1980 and at 60 still have clear, soft & minimally wrinkled skin. I know many are turned off by what they perceive as a detailed, lengthy routine, but really it takes less than 3 minutes (2X day) and is well worth it. Once you know your "clock" it is easy with no guesses necessary. My skin has improved over the years (I used to be extremely dry) and, like brushing my teeth, it is just part of my day. The extras (hand cream, foundations, powders, etc) are also top quality. I use the active pHelityl oil & soap, HydrapHEL skin supplement (toner type product), day & hydrapHel intensive night cream. I also use the mousse foundation, duopHase powder, blush, bronzer and keep a shake-it in neutral around for T-Zone. I've been ordering off the EL website, but am tempted to try Ebay for some items (even tho the prices seem too good to be true!). I don't hesitate to recommend the line to anyone who asks me about my skin.

Stay happy!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The good news about this product is that it is a very good to excellent evening moisturizer for slightly dry to dry skin and really really does wonders for my skin. The bad news is that it doesn't seem to disappear into my skin until morning. And unlike many evening moisturizers that you can also use in the daytime, I wouldn't use this in the daytime because I don't know how you'd ever apply anything like foundation or powder over it. It reminds me of Vaseline. As far as whether I will buy this again, even though I said yes, I am on the fence because there are other Erno Laszlo P.M. moisturizers for slightly dry skin that do at least as good a job as this one and are more absorbent and that aren't as "greasy" on your skin. The greasiness doesn't stain bed linens or clothes, but it's kind of slimey when you touch your own face even several hours after applying it. And it does have an odd strong odor to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Sallma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I recently started with the Erno Laszlo regimen again-after three years of abstinence-since Kanebo decided to kick off the IB line which isn't as good anymore as it used to be -they use a new fragrance, I do not eally like it. Sadly I developed an allergical reaction to the Active Phelityl Cream. My skin started to itch and turned red. It started on my neck and then went up to my jawline and cheeks. It took me quite a while until I was able to figure out which product caused this.
I wish that I would have tolerated the Active Phelityl Cream. I really wanted to like it. And I find its texture, its smell etc. very comforting and relaxing.
I had to take Fenistil drops (medication for allergical reactions) I've never had a rash like this before, even when thinking of it, I start to itch again. I stopped after two nights of use and returned it. Now I use the Hydraphel Intensive (10:30) which I had before. The SA told me about a few returns from customers w/the same problem. I heard about they have a new Chemist (or whatever) at Laszlo, and this might be one of his creations. The Active Phelityl Cream is quite new, it was not available when I used Erno Laszlo some years ago. Perhaps there is just some ingredient that cannot be tolerated by everyone (update: I tried the Skin Revitalizer for face, I remeber it being different a couple of years ago, they changed its formula quite a bit....n-e-ways, the same reaction: rash). I would recommend a patch test for about two days just to make sure. It is a great cream and I really wish it would have worked. *sigh*

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by alexmassave

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Erno Laszlo for more than 20 years, and this by far is my absolute favorite beauty cream. It is thick, rich and beautifully cares for my slightly dry skin. It is not for everyone; but that is part of the beauty of the Erno Laszlo ritual, they have a skin care plan to cover all types, from very oily to very dry. If you do use this product, be sure to break it down my rubbing some into the palms of your hands and then press the cream onto your face and throat. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

This is quite possibly the best anti-aging, nighttime mosturizer I have found. It has a "vaseline-like" consistency which repairs tired, dehydrated skin. Some people may find this too greasy-feeling but it really seals in moisture and prevents wrinkles before going to sleep. No breakouts either on my highly sensitive/acne prone skin. The best!