Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/8/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I do not find this to leave my skin feeling in any way clean when I just wash and rinse it off. The only way I can get any type of a clean feeling is if I wash, rinse and then use a facecloth with very hot water to dab and rub my face.
I actually prefer using the oil cleansing method. In my opinion the least gentle part of using the OCM is having to use hot water and a face cloth to remove the oil, so I figured using the Cetaphil would allow me to skip the step of using hot water/face cloth, but it did not.
If I'm going to have to use really hot water and a facecloth, I prefer plain old coconut oil over this. Plus if I leave the coconut oil residue on my face a little bit, I know that I don't have anything strange sinking into my skin.
Not impressed. The Cetaphil is no gentler or less irritating than coconut oil.

(I typically use the oil cleansing method twice per day, however I purchased this under the advice of my dermatologist as I'm currently on Retin-A. So once a day I would use the Cetaphil before applying my Retin-A, and then the other time that I wash I would use the oil cleansing method. But I'm so displeased with the Cetaphil that I'm just going to continue using the oil cleansing method for both times that I wash my face).

on 8/8/2015 2:27:00 PM

Love this cleanser. Since I started using this more than 6 months ago, I've found that my complexion is less prone to break-outs. And it doesn't dry out my skin, but leaves my skin feeling soft, yet clean. I use it with my Luna which works well for removing make-up. Best deal at Costco.

on 8/8/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My favorite cleanser. I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I can use this with impunity. No burning or irritation. Extra bonus -- it removes my makeup without stressing my skin.

on 8/7/2015 10:05:00 PM

My skin developed a reaction to this product after using it for a few months - I am sitting here with a red itchy face and I've started to break out and its drier than before (I switched to this to help with dryness). I googled this when it started happening and a few other people have experienced it also, its a reaction to one of the ingredients.

I used it all over my body so the rest of me isn't red but I'm itchy and skin is drier. My skin is dry/oily and extremely acne prone. Haven't changed much else with my eating or skin care besides this so I'm pretty confident this is causing the redness. I was using proactiv moisturiser (face only) which I think clogged my pores, so I stopped, but the cetaphil has caused the redness and flaking. My face feels a little like its been slightly sun-burned (that feeling after a day at the beach where its a bit tight).

My father used it as his body wash during his last year of life, as it was very gentle and cleaned really well. (He had cancer and went through both radiation and chemo). It worked great for him, no reactions so it is still a good product for some people.

Great price and easy packaging if it does work for you. It gets mascara off pretty easily (mine is non waterproof). And takes make up off if you use it twice (I don't wear make up often as my current job is only working with one other person).

on 8/6/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the worst cleanser I have ever purchased.
Made my skin feel like crap and made me break out ...
I have naturally dry skin and I break out and always have to moisturize
This was just terrible seriously a $3 cleanser does better than this

on 8/5/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My face is prone to getting acne often. So I tried this product out and it dried my skin out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was recommended to me by a dermatologist. It is the gentlest cleanser I've found, and not at all irritating for my extremely sensitive skin. But for clarity, this is not an acne treatment. It will not exacerbate your acne, but it's not intended to treat it either.

on 8/2/2015 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm not saying it didn't do anything to my face but I wouldn't buy it again. It gave me chemical burns around my mouth area and dried out my skin, causing it to produce more oil. The product is really thin too so I had to pump at lest 2-3 times to get enough to cover my face and neck. It's really disappointing because this was recommended by my dermatologist as well. If I were you I'd go with a more natural option like Burt's Bees or something.

on 8/2/2015 4:11:00 PM

This product was bought for me as a teenager, and I had used it for three years, all the while my facial skin just degraded from acne-prone to acne-ridden. This stuff dries out your skin like crazy, and shouldn't be a go-to for acne problems at all, unless you have very oily skin.

on 7/29/2015 8:48:00 PM

when i wash my face with this product my face feels so clean and refreshed . some times a little dry , love it cause it is over the counter products.

Video Reviews & Tutorials