February 28, 2015 | 1940 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2015 9:22:00 PM More reviews by stingrayting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a mild facial cleanser which doesn't foam and doesn't contain any fragrance.

Lately I'd been experiencing a lot of breakouts and irritation and so I bought this as I had heard good things. Within a week of using this, I found my skin had calmed down considerably so I'm really liking this so far. However, I also started using a witch hazel toner around the same time so I can't say for sure if it was this cleanser alone that improved my skin.

This is not strong enough to remove makeup. I usually use an oil cleanser to remove makeup (working the oil cleanser onto dry face of makeup and then rinsing with warm water), before massaging the Cetaphil cleanser into my damp skin and rinsing. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and balmy, i.e. not drying and tight like other cleansers. I then pat my face dry and sweep a cotton pad with a little T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel toner across my face before following with oil-free moisturiser.

This cleanser is great value and my skins feel lovely and soft afterwards. I'd certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2015 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Ladybugskywalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The reason why I go back to this cleanser is because I've never had any allergic reaction to this.

Now, I know most of you will stray away from SLS or parabens, but please don't get caught up with this hype. I've seen girls talk about staying away from parabens while eating food containing them. I've worked this these products and study them and they are fine, no harm whatsoever.

The reason why its recommended by dermatologist especially when you have skin diseases is because its absences of all the other ingredients like fragrances and oils, which are the reason behind most allergic reactions. This is very mild and you must and an exceptional skin condition if you're allergic to this

Also claims about how it can't remove make up is bull. This is a mild cleanser, it does not remove your clogging waterproof make up. Use a make up remover please. Ppl with sensitive skin or are using many topical products need cleansers too.

The consistency is runny and has no fragrance and it doesn't foam, so if you want cleansers that does those then this product may not be for you

I have combination skin which is sensitive to all fragrances and oils and having acne and the need to use topical products, this cleansers is mild enough for me to serve its purpose

Thumbs up to this product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Chanelthischanelthat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A great cleanser to come back to. I have a habit of getting bored of cleansers, and sometimes I branch out and try new ones but this product always seems to be the one I come back to. It's always the same story: a cleanser I'm using is too harsh; I go back to Cetaphil; my skin calms down; use this product for a few months; decide it doesn't remove makeup or deeply cleanse my skin enough; buy another and the cycle starts again. I would use this cleanser all the time if there was a way for it to remove my heavy duty concealers, cleanse a little deeper and also be that gentle. But that's all impossible, and so I feel I will always have a love hate relationship with it. Overall, I do love it but sometimes isn't enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 11:27:00 AM More reviews by amandab2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser, it is really good for those who just want a non-drying cleanser that leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturised without a whole lot of ingredients that could cause a reaction. Admittedly it is not good for those who wear a lot of make up and thick layers of sunscreen as you will need another cleanser beforehand. However, I do not wear make up everyday, so using this morning and night works for me and doesn't leave me with that tight overly-cleansed skin feeling. My skin feels soft and clean. This is all I ask for a cleanser, as I sort out other issues via treatments, facials and exfoliation. Because its creamy and runny it does run out quickly though!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2015 5:28:00 PM More reviews by rubianoalanis

Too gentle for my skin! It felt like i was washing my face with conditioner. This product would be great on people with sensitive and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 5:20:00 PM More reviews by karadownthehill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! It is great for my sensitive skin and it leaves my face feeling so soft! I just use it after I remove all of my makeup with a cold cream, it leaves my face clean and so smooth. It is definitely a beauty staple for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:13:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

Didnt like this product. I felt like it wasnt cleaning my face enough. Too gentle, I guess. It just didnt do anything for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:51:00 AM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this product for 2 months now. I have the BIG bottle so there's still a lot of product in it!
I gave an overall 3 lipsticks note because i think this is an "mmm ok" product: nothing special, nothing bad.
I use it just on my face in the morning and in the evening after i take my makeup off, just to wash out any make up remover residue.

It doesn't burn at all, it's really gentle and doesn't have any scent.
Well, it doesnt have any scent to the point it has, i dunno if it's clear.

When i'll run out I might repurchase, but I think i'll try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 8:05:00 PM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I JUST finished my first bottle of this cleanser and I really liked it. It is SO gentle! It doesn't have a scent which is great too. This cleanser will NOT remove all of your make up! It says on the back of the bottle that it will 'only remove LIGHT make up'. However, I do find it gentle enough to apply to a cotton round and remove my eye make up if it doesn't completely come off with my Bioderma (which is rare).

I apply this quite liberally to my face in the shower, and sometimes down my neck. I then use my Clarisonic Mia 2 and place a little bit more on the brush head. This cleanser will not foam, meaning it shouldn't dry out your skin. I have rather clear skin (not acne prone), the occasional pimple here and there but not often. I've had allergic reactions to other cleansers and this so far has been the most gentle.

Without the Clarisonic I sometimes feel it doesn't make my skin feel SUPER clean, but perhaps that's a good thing for keeping the pH balance?

I would also recommend this to people with acne that have been using harsh cleansers or scrubs. It's common that people with acne prone skin are using too harsh cleansers and need something more gentle to soothe their skin.

I'm currently using a La Roche Posay cleanser which is pretty gentle but expensive compared to the price of this (and it's also a make up removing cleanser).

Overall, I would definitely recommend trying this cleanser, even if you just pick up a little bottle. I'm sure you can also use it on your body if you didn't like it on your face :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Neema

I love this product! This has been my HG cleanser for over 10 years. My mom always bought it so I grew up using this and I still use this at 24 years old! This cleanser leaves your skin soft without stripping it at all and it gently cleanses.

I use this by first wetting a washcloth and then squirting cetephil on it and then gently rubbing the cleanser over my face with the damp wash cloth. This method cleans my face extremely well. Im also acne prone and this doesnt irrate my skin at all.

Also, I would just like to add that people should stop giving this bad ratings for not removing makeup and not clearing acne. This product is a GENTLE SKIN cleanser it is not marketed to remove makeup or to clear acne so that is your fault for buying the wrong product. If you wear a ton of makeup, you MUST use a makeup remover BEFORE using this cleanser.