October 25, 2014 | 1815 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by miriammak97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first cleanser I ever used and I've been using it on and off for the past 6 years. It's a good simple cleanser - nothing special but it seems to get the job done okay. It's off-white, runny and has no fragrance and doesn't lather up which I like as my skin can be quite sensitive.
However, it does not work very well as a makeup remover so I usually use Bioderma beforehand, use this afterwards and it works just fine! I really like that it comes with a pump but it makes it kind of annoying to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Liljachs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before, I did struggle with acne, but after i was in Florida on vacation (i'm from Norway) and found this cleanser, I hardly ever get any acne! I'm happy that I bought it and will continue to order it :D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by zaakyah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I ran out of facial cleanser so I decided to get a new one. After 2 days of researching, I found that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has a good reputation so i purchased a bottle.

It's a little pricey in my country for a drugstore cleanser but something I was willing to invest in. At first, I wasn't sure how much I should use so I squeezed a small amount, the size of a small coin, on my palm and apply it on my face. Since it doesn't lather, I wasn't sure if I was using enough. Despite so, I didn't add anymore of the product.

After I got out of the shower, my face feels dry and stretched. I have dry skin to begin with so I wasn't surprised. Upon looking at the mirror, I noticed slight flaking. I've had worst flaking with another product I used before the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. A few hours later, my T-zone gets slightly oily but wasnt as oily before I used this product.

Therefore, it isn't really moisturizing as it claims to be. I would probably pair this with either the Cetaphil DailyAdvance lotion or Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50+ in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by owensrl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has completely changed my view on skin care. I was used to using cleansers that dried my skin out, but I thought it was just that "clean" feeling. I now realize it was just dry, tight skin. When I first started using this product, I did not like it. After a few weeks of using it, I loved it! Ever since I've started using this product, I rarely have break outs or pimples. I do have pretty good skin to begin with, but did see the occasional pimple and break out. This leaves my skin feeling soft, supple, and moisturized. It doesn't leave u with that dry, tight feeling. I first wet my face and hands and then pump 2-3 squirts of cleaner in my hand. I then massage the cleanser into my skin and rinse off. I always let my skin air dry. This product is very gentle, yet effective. It is the only thing that will completely take off my mascara and fake lashes. I will never go to another facial cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact I have better cleaning results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by e1e

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is a popular cleanser recommended by doctors, but this stuff burns my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by janes05

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin but this does not irritate it at all. I had no blemishes for 6 months straight, went away for the weekend without it and came back with a face full of pimples! Only downside is the packaging, should be available in a tube for travelling.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

My skin isn't very sensitive to cleansers, yet if I leave this in for more than a second or two, it starts to burn. Very odd.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good as a morning or post-workout cleanser, when you're not wearing makeup but need a bit more than water. It is fairly gentle--I have extremely sensitive, clog-prone skin and I haven't suffered any irritation from this in the 20-odd years I've used this, off and on.

I've noticed this does seem to work best on dry skin. I'm not a wipe-off kind of girl, but rinsing seems to work fine. It does leave behind a film so your skin doesn't feel crispy afterwards, but I haven't had clogging issues from this except when I tried to wash off make up with it. As others have noted, it is not a make-up remover. I usually massage this into a dry face (and sometimes neck and chest) before I get in the shower. Bottom line, it's something I always seem to have around, but I wouldn't cry if it were discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mommadukes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Cetaphil and Cetaphil only for 20 years. It is gentle on the skin and does not leave a film. Your skin just feels clean. Like it is supposed to. I also mix this with baking soda once a week for a cheap scrub. Would never be without this product.