January 31, 2015 | 2065 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 1:02:00 AM More reviews by amrinxox

doesn't remove make up that well, did nothing for my acne, it only helped control some oil on my t zone

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bleah. Disgusting! Irritated my skin and made it dry! I don't get the hype! It happened the same with Cerave cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kiki56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used about 2 huge bottles of this, the big ones you can get at costco. I don't really like it. I was looking for a very basic, simple cleanser when I ran across this. It didn't do much for my skin, in fact it dried it out. My skin is oily and acne prone, so It isn't normally dried out easily. On top of that, it contains sodium lauryl sulfate which I am trying to avoid using. I gave it two lippies for the price for the quantity, and since it really does "clean" your skin.

I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This didn't help in my late teens when my skin was oily, but ten years later, my skin is drier, stretchier, and continues to be plagued by painful acne - and Cetaphil now works well for it. Foaming cleansers dry out my skin so much that I am literally left in pain. I still have to follow up Cetaphil with a moisturiser post-haste, but it's markedly better than other cleansers. It doesn't work wonders on my acne but doesn't worsen it.

It is not a makeup remover so can't be judged by the parameters of one. Use a separate remover and then finish up with this, and you're all good.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by makeup04

I like this product. I use it sometimes when I am at my grandmother's house. I don't really like how it fells. But I do like how it feel's when you are done washing your face. It fells clean and really soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by liltily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product isn't bad ... But it isn't wonderful either. Basically, this product does nothing to my face. Okay, it probably helped in cleaning because I use it 2-3 times a day, but it does absolutely no help in helping to clear up my face. I have a lot of acne on my face, but this doesn't helps to clear it. I have been using this for about 3 months or so, if there should be any effect, it should have kicked in by now. I'm fine using it because I feel that this does help me to clean my face (grime etc)but just not clean it to the extend that my pimples will fade. Plus, my mother bought a huge bottle for me, so it can probably last for another 4-6 more months. I'll most likely try something else when it runs out, so no, I'll most likely not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Hannahkay21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser feels so dreamy on my skin. Whenever I would use a foaming cleanser on my dry skin, my face felt like it was so tight that I couldn't move it. The consistency of this is almost like a lotion, which my skin loves. I love this cleanser and will continue to repurchase over and over again :) never broke me out or gave me any kind of reaction. Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

Way too gentle and mild for my combination-oily skin.
I would use this in a pinch if it's the only available facial wash, but I really prefer my washes to be a bit foamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by abzhang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is incredible. I have gone through multiple bottles of this and would go as far to call this my skin's saving grace.

For reference, I have horridly sensitive skin - when I try new skin products, nine out of ten times I will be left with a strange rubbery feeling on my skin that basically acts as a warning sign (don't use this again! This will mean bad things for your skin!) and I have come to find a skincare routine in which none of the products leave that feeling. One of such products is this wonderful cleanser.

This cleanser has no scent whatsoever and does NOT leave my skin feeling dry - in fact, it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. That said, I do like to apply moisturiser immediately after I rinse this off and pat my face dry (just in case).

I HIGHLY recommend this, especially to those with sensitive skin who have had trouble finding a cleanser that doesn't make their face feel horrible. I hope it does for you what it does for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always always have a bottle of this on hand. This is super gentle on my skin, I can rub it straight into my eyes and it wouldnt sting haha (huge pet peeve of mine is when a cleanser stings the sh** out of my eyes, who wants to deal with that every night?). Use this with or without water, it will cleanse your face of dirt/oil but still leave it fresh and hydrated.

As another reviewer stated PLEASE DO NOT rate this badly because it didn't remove your makeup. This is NOT a makeup removing cleanser, its a gentle skin cleanser. That is all.

I remove my makeup with a makeup remover before cleansing with cetaphil.

Cetaphil description and directions from bottle and website
"Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a mild, non-irritating formulation that soothes skin as it cleans. In fact, it's gentle enough for a baby's delicate skin. Designed specifically to work for all skin types, it is a simple, yet highly effective way to care for your skin.
• Our best-seller and fan favorite
• As gentle as it gets — soothes and cleanses, leaving skin smooth and soft
• Mild, soap-free formula cleanses without irritation — it won’t strip skin of its natural protective oils or emollients
• Moisturizes without leaving residue that can clog pores
• Good for special skin needs including those of rosacea-prone skin

Directions for use without water: Apply a liberal amount of cleanser to the skin and rub gently. Remove excess with a soft cloth, leaving a thin film on the skin.

Directions for use with water: Apply cleanser to the skin and rub gently. Rinse. "

***NOTE: Nowhere does it state that its meant for makeup removal.