Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/28/2015 5:13:00 AM

Great value and great product! ..athough I do have to repurchase a lot because I use it so much! I use it to wash my face in the morning and at night and also to remove all of my make up. I first started using this when I went through roaccutane/accutane treatment because I needed something that was ok on sensitive skin! I finished my roaccutane treatment 8 months ago and im still using it! :) it was great to use then and it's great to use now. Definitely try this if you have acne prone/dry/sensitive skin it works on them all! Doesn't break you out or irritate skin.

on 3/27/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first I didn't like this but I wasn't using it correctly . The directions say put a Liberal amount of cleanser on dry skin with dry hands it does take off make up if you rub it in , rub it in gently for at least a minute then splash with several splashes of water at least 20 times this leaves my oily sensitive feeling soft and not stripped I put lotion on at night in the winter anyway I may not in the summer and I don't require a separate moisturizer in a.m. The normal to oily formula leave my skin feeling stripped enough that it requires an extra moisturizer which sometimes leaves me oily - I've used lots of expensive cleansers but this used correctly works better , again if you wet face and or hands first it will dilute it and will not be cleansing enough and I always use a separate eye make up remover first regardless of what cleanser I'm using . Give it another shot it does make a difference how you use it . I'm 47 with olive skin that's pretty oily , I've always had problems with moisturizers everything has to be oil free and sometimes even those make me oilyso normally I go for the most oil controlling cleanser that I can fine but I honestly think those were probably doing more harm than good stripping my skin out then I required moisturizer which again left me oily it made my make up oxidize made my hair go flat just had lots of trouble if you get it right the first time around with the cleansing things go way better

on 3/26/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am not gonna lie. The product inside looks like semen. Now that we got that out of they way let's talk about the rest.
It doesn't foam up or anything like that, and it feels really slippery on your face, almost like a thin conditioner. I don't know if you're supposed to use it like that, but I use it over my eyes, and it removes mascara really nicely. Getting it in your eyes doesn't hurt, but it feels weird and is not exactly pleasant.
For me, I have quite clear, very fair and sensitive skin, but using this makes my face looks nice, keeps down the occasional pimples, and doesn't make my skin freak out. It is great value for your money I'd say.

on 3/25/2015 11:41:00 AM

So, I had a really horrible acne attack last year. It was probably a combination of me quitting the birth control pill, using coconut oil as a moisturizer, and then trying the bogus Murad Acne Complex kit.

It looked like the Rocky and Andes mountain were engaging in coitus on my face. I went to my dermatologist. BIG waste of money and time in the end, he was clueless and nothing helped. He prescribed me these antibiotics that smelled like diarrhea (which ironically enough could cause diarrhea), and this lotion to open my pores. He urged me to use Cetaphil, and that moisturizing 'wasn't necessary'. Lies and slander, moisturizing is definitely necessary, especially for my skin. Unfortunately, a lot of dermatologists are not very well educated in the area of acne.

The lotion didn't seem to hurt, and it was actually really great for my forehead. But the Cetaphil didn't do diddly squat, and it dried my face out. Against my dermatologist's suggestion, I got the Cetaphil lotion too, but it seemed to clog my pores.

Overall. the Cetaphil didn't do much for my skin or acne at all. The cost isn't bad and the packaging was fine, but this wash didn't seem to do much at all for my skin, nor did I find it gentle.

on 3/23/2015 9:30:00 PM

it worked for my sister but not for me, it broke me out but I guess it depends on your skin. mine is sensitive

I've been using Cetaphil for years after reading about it in "Don't Go To The Makeup Counter Without Me." I have recently discovered that my drugstore (Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada) makes an identical cleanser under their store brand name "Life." It is positioned in the store right beside the original Cetaphil. The 2 products have the same ingredients and are identical right down to the packaging. I buy the store brand because it is so much cheaper.

on 3/21/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to have really bad acne 2 years back and my dermatologist prescribed me with this cleanser along with antibiotics. This has since never left my skincare routine as it never irritate my skin or cause any breakout. This is something I have repurchased over and over. This product is basically just an ordinary gentle cleanser that is suitable for sensitive acne prone skin.

Texture & fragrance :
It is a slimy white coloured liquid without any fragrance.

Packaging :
It comes in different plastic bottle sizes.

Overall, this is my holy grail cleanser that I would continue using.

on 3/14/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Every time I pumped this semi-translucent, soft white, and viscous liquid into my hand I was reminded of the many spurts which have come from the phallic fountains of my former lovers. It is about as effective at removing my makeup as their fluids, too. This product is less likely to irritate my eyes, though.

In short: It is harmless, but doesn't pull its weight. I am not in love.

on 3/11/2015 11:42:00 PM

The reason why I bought this in the first place is because I started to break out. Basically I was using a different face wash & my skin did not like it at all. So I did more research and I thought I would give this a try. So glad I did because it helped my skin soooo much. I have kind of sensitive skin so this is pretty great. It helps with controlling my breakouts & also if I have a little breakout all I have to do is use this and it will go away. The texture of the face wash is also really nice and i like that it doesnt have any added fragrances. I didn't get the one with the pump so that kinda sucked but other than that i really like this product

on 3/9/2015 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Not a fan. Doesn't actually feel like it cleanses my face and I need to use a toner after because I get this slimy feeling on my face after rinsing.