October 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down the yummiest and most addictive body butter in the world! It smells absolutely divine, is buttery smooth and extremely moisturizing! Minus one lippie only because sometimes it feels a little sticky, which is why I tend to use this only after a bath/shower and before bedtime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best luxury indulgence in the way of body butters. You can't beat it. Although Olive does come close. Great to slather on before bedtime and enjoy that tasty scent. Love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with other reviewers that this body butter has a great texture! It's buttery and melts onto the skin with ease. It gives my skin a nice sheen without leaving me oily or feeling heavy. This has a muted, sweet cocoa scent that I do enjoy (although, my all time favorite Brazil Nut scent is the Boots body butter...I also just prefer that product in general...and it's much cheaper) I got this during a big sale along with the Aloe and Vitamin E Body Butters. I will use them all up, but I will not repurchased. I'm not impressed.

EDIT: This is the heaviest of all the body butters I have tried. It sits a bit heavy on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ADORE THIS BODY BUTTER. Bottom line.

I've used multiple TBS body butters (peach, satsuma, chocomania, mango) but none of them are as great as the brazil nut one. The scent alone is great: warm, nutty, cinnamon-y and it isn't too overpowering like other TBS scents.

Additionally, the consistency of the brazil nut butter is awesome because it's actually buttery! I've noticed that all TBS body butters have a different consistency and this one is by far the best! Such an irresistible and soft texture that glides onto the skin like a dream. Personally, I find the mango and vineyard peach butters to be oily and greasy- so incomparable to this one. If you want moisturized and hydrated skin that will last BUY THIS PRODUCT.

I also have the brazil nut body scrub and creamy shower gel that are equally amazing.

Yes, $19 is a bit high for a body lotion, but you can't find anything else with such great quality for that price. If you actually visit a TBS store or go to their website instead of getting your products from Ulta, you'll save some money for sure. TBS is always having sales! I actually bought my most recent brazil nut scrub and body butter for $24 total :)

In conclusion, buy this. It's become a staple item in my bathroom. I was one to skip over moisturizing my entire body after every shower, but now I love doing it! Basically, I just really love this product. Happy happy happy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Meech25

This is my very first body butter from the body shop, I just bought it this morning and I'm already obsessed, not only with the smell, but with the moisturizing power!! It absorbs like a dream, and the smell is just the right amount. Out of all the body butters this scent was my favorite! I really want to dip my entire hand in it and eat it because it smells that good! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brazil Nut is BACK! I was told it would be back this month, and it just went back on their site! I'm so happy, I was using Cocoa Butter and Shea but its not the same.

I started using Brazil Nut 15 years ago, when it was called Nut. It's the only product I've purchased over and over and I was really disappointed when they discontinued it. Brazil Nut gives my skin an amazing glow, softens and conditions my skin and smells crazy good. There's something really addictive about it - I've tried to cut back on the amount I use, but I end up using it generously because its such a joy to use.

I've tried other brands (waste of money) and other scents but nothing else comes close. Cocoa butter smells similar, and Shea smells like warm cozy cotton and both give a beautiful glow, but they don't have the magic of Brazil Nut.

I'm so glad it's back - going to order in bulk!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this as a gift. Somewhat pricey for a body butter, but very luxurious.
Smells wonderful. Sort of like cake batter, but not quite that obvious. The scent is great but not overpowering.
The butter is super dense, and a little spreads a long way. There is probably enough in the jar to last about a month, with daily use.
Moisturizes deeply, absorbs pretty quickly and just generally performs well for what this product is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I do like this product. It smells amazing and does a great job moisturising dry skin. Even thought the texture is quite thick my skin is able to absorb it quickly leaving it smooth and hydrated.
I've been using it for years until I found Vaseline's Cocoa Butter came out it it's almost exactly the same but a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really into TBS body butters, they're very moisturizing and feel great on my skin. My favourite scents are those that are more on the neural side like almond, shea and nut.
Sometimes during the summer it can feel a bit heavier but I doesn't feel "greasy" to me.
I know the retail price can be quite expensive, but you can get great deals during the sales. Also, I believe smaller versions (of 50 ml) are available for purchase.
And the last thing is regarding a previous rewiew, where it claims that TBS now tests on animales because it's owned by L'oreal. This is false and you can check it for yourself, they're still against animal testing and are in favour of animal rights, along with being more respectful to our planet and local societies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ShatterGlass89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An amazing product! It moisturizes my skin so well and it doesn't give me the greasy feeling that Palmer's cocoa butter has. I usually use it after I shave my legs, and before I had those little brown spots but not with this. ^^ Also, the scent so addicting because it's sweet without being overpowering, (my mom hates it when I use scented lotions, but she doesn't complain when I use this) even my boyfriend likes it. ;) The only downside about this product is the price, but I'll keep repurchasing because it helps my skin so much. Try it out ladies, you won't regret. :D