September 23, 2014 | 1795 users online

Concealers - Chantecaille - Bio Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by discerningbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know this product says concealer. I think of it as a pre-concealer. It is expensive Yikes! for such a small tube. $65.00 or such. I use chantecaille stress repair eye cream first. then this goes on. I let this set. If these 2 products have not taken care of my concerns for that day I then add future skin foundation in vanilla, not full concealer. I use this all thru the day if I see my eyes getting dehydrated. Does not cake or build up.
The color I use is vanilla. Will keep this with me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I must have been smoking something when I bought this, but since I do use concealer faithfully and spend no $ on foundation, I felt somewhat justified in buying this. What a disappointment...it gives very unsatisfactory coverage, and is a bit too "slippery" for my skin. I tried to bite the bullet and keep using it because of the price, but after several weeks I just had to go buy something else. Ug.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I write a review, I do my best to critique it honestly, even though it may not be something I will buy again. It may not work for me, but that does not mean it deserves a 1 lipstick. So it is with this product. As a concealer, it was useless. It does NOT cover dark circles. A long conversation with the MA at my local Neimans confirmed that. It does, however, go on like silk, erases the fine lines and brightens (for lack of a better term) the undereye area. Lovely look. I tried it in the shade Alabaster; the newest color out and now the lightest shade they offer. It did what is said it would do EXCEPT conceal my circles. If you have VERY little darkness, this would be the perfect product. Goes on smoothly, lasts, doesn't crease. Wonderful. Ah well. Not for me, I'm afraid. Must use something heavier.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2006 3:59:00 AM More reviews by chinoise

My dark circles are not very dark, and this concealer gives it just the right coverage. The eye cream part of the stick makes it very moisturizing and therefore leaves the under eye area supple and also with a nice glow. Some pigments will settle into the fine lines by the end of the day but I think it's not very noticeable unless you look very closely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely, lovely product! Purchased this in Ivory and gives me the exact light coverage I need with the smoothest, most luxuriant texture. Notice the keyword is "light". If you have dark, problematic circles, this product will probably not give you enough coverage. It is a two-in-one slim stick with an outer ring of very creamy concealer surrounding an inner core of line-smoothing hexapeptide cream. Although I am 40, I don't yet have any fine lines around my eyes (except when I smile!), however, the line-smoothing cream seems really make a difference in providing an effortlessly smooth and even application. Also, I really appreciate the elegant metal case packaging, although for $63.00 I would except such.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 9:13:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Sylvie Chantecaille boasts (with a laugh) of Bio Lift Concealer, "You can reapply it throughout the day, and women are addicted to it because it feels good and they're like, 'Oh, it's going to keep erasing the lines!'" Well, that's truly silly, and ridiculously expensive, if women are doing such a thing, as nice as this product may be. It's moisturizing core (hexapeptide) does diminish the appearance of lines, the moisturizer does leave the concealer looking fresh all day, and its emollient shine looks subtle and natural. Those are its good points. However, this moisturizer also make the concealer sheer, so Bio Lift is not intended to cover dark circles, and it does need to be touched up by midday (preferably with a brightener applied over it). It's creaminess also doesn't hold up that well in the summer heat. Overall, a flattering concealer for drier, more mature skin, but considering its slight coverage, it's not worth the outrageous price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 1:00:00 PM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this product in Chamomille, which is the lighter yellow-based shade. It comes in 6 shades, and I actually go up to Shea when I have a tan (the darker yellow-based shade).

This has a hexapeptide treatment core in the middle of the stick. It's a very emollient concealer, but doesn't hide very dark circles - it's not meant for that. This is the right concealer for any woman (or man) who wants to smooth out fine-medium lines around the eyes.

As a makeup artist, I am picky what I put on other people's faces. Even pickier with what I put on my own, but I have seen this work. It's almost like taking a mini steam-iron and running it over wrinkled silk - it just hydrates and smoothes out the lines. I am 35, and noticing smile lines I never had prior to this year. This noticeably adjust that problem.

Several of my friends are using it now too...

Edit: I still love this product. I have found that some days Vanilla is better for my skin tone than Camomille, and I am very fair. Not so tan this year...

I highly recommend this concealer for any woman who is noticing fine to deeper laugh lines. It's also light-reflecting, so will diffuse the look of dark circles. It won't fully dismiss them though. I just pop some Mercier Secret Brightening powder #2 over it, only where dark (not usually where the lines are) and it's perfect!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No