August 22, 2014 | 1717 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Sandalwood Beige

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sharreb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Some shades just dont work on me- the so called nude- beige colour everyone is striving to get is just- tough- period. Its all dependent on our lips and our skin colour.
240 Sandalwood beige is just fab for me- its a warm sort of nude- tad coral -tad peachy but not too bright. calls attention to my lips without it stealing the limelights from my eyes.
The texture is good and no funny smell.
For low maintenance look: i use it onto of my EOS lipbalm
Otherwise i use it on top of Dior Addict lip glow and it looks fabulous.
I love wearing lipstick ontop of lipbalm as it looks more lustruos and moisturized. I stay off third layer of lip gloss as the color easily runs off and lips looked to 'pump' although i think some ppl like that collagen 'pump' look. matter of preference,
but im permanently keeping this colour with me at all times

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by cherrypongpong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick applies smoothly and does not dry out my lips. It has orange undertones and is not beige at all. I have no idea why this has bad reviews, and it's rated below three mostly because the shade is not suitable. I thinknit isn't fair to give it a bad rating just because the shade doesn't suit you. These lipsticks have clear tops so we can always see the shade o the lipstick, and it's not the lipstick's fault for not being the shade you wanted. So i think we should only rate lipsticks based on their formula. And revlon's formula is great!! I love this formula. If you are contemplating whether to buy it or not, I suggest you grab it now!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First let me say that the name is very misleading. It isn't "beige" at all, so a more appropriate name would be simply "Sandalwood".

That said, this color is absolutely perfect for me. I am a very fair skinned redhead. Because I am so pale, the nude lip just doesn't work for me; I look like a corpse. And due to sallow undertones (not all redheads have rosy complections!) anything with even a hint of pink clashes horribly with my coloring and looks clownish to boot.

So I need warm lip colors that are not garish; natural, but not nude. That is unbelievably difficult to find. But this fits the bill very nicely.

I would describe this as a midtone terracotta; deeper than orange, but not so deep as to be a "brick". I don't see any brown in it, but perhaps it really depends on coloring. On me, it's just a lovely warm, earthy hue that compliments my coloring and goes well with the other warm tones that I wear in cheek and eye colors.

As I mentioned, I am very, very fair, and I do not find this to be too garish. I have rather full lips, so believe me, anything too "in your face" gets a pass from me, as all anybody sees are LIPS if I wear anything too pigmented.

I think the formulation is just right as well. It's not so creamy that it slides off after ten minutes of wear, but nor is dry and heavy the way that some long wearing formulations are. There is transfer of course, as it doesn't "set" the way a long wearing lip product would, but I do find that in general, it wears quite a bit longer than the average lipstick, especially if you use a liner beneath it.

Good product quality, beautiful color, no weird smell or taste to contend with, the lid is transparent so I can see the color,( which of course, doesn't guarantee a good match, but is better than purchasing blind) and an affordable price. Sold.

Also, I like that Revlon doesn't arbitrarily discontinue their colors or pander to current trends. This shade has been around since I was in high school, as have many others. I loved it then, and I'm 42 now, so...I appreciate the longevity.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a strong, deep orange-brown, about equal both colors, so best for warm or dark skin tones. If you can't wear orange, you won't like this. I only wear this in summer, when I have a tan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. it's the best warm browny/peachy shade. the overall quality of these lipsticks is really great, the best at the drugstore and better than most high end lipsticks that I've tried. the shade selection is crazy good. I highly recommend these. the only problem is that sometimes the cap can come off in my purse, but I think that's mostly b/c my purse is exceptionally messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lunardrive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect peachy brown nude color. If that's what you are looking for, this is it. A classic in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sales girl picked up the wrong shade and I ended up coming home with this lipstick. I'm NC35-37 and has olive undertone.On me it looks a bit clownish because I have huge lips and it's far from "nude". It's more of like a deep orangey brown color that I think would be great for someone who's an NC40 or darker. It looks office appropriate without looking boring. I usually apply it on my lips, blot, and add nude pale lipgloss. That gives me a warm beigey nude lips that look more suitable for me. Overall, good lipstick, good staying power too, but not the right color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I first noticed about this particular shade when it was used on Cindy Crawford on an Allure cover back in the 90's. The name "sandalwood" and "beige" can be misleading, beigey brown comes to mind. However, on my lips, it looks like a medium peachy brown, and goes very well with my eurasian, NC30-35 colourings. I love the way it brightens my skin tone and I often pair it with a Revlon blush of the same name.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The way some other reviewers talk about this lipstick you'd think it kicked their puppy or something. It's obviously love it or hate it, and I love it. Nude shades are a PITA for me with fair skin and red hair. Concealer lips are not flattering on me. This is perfect peachy/orange (but not too much)/brown color without looking muddy. If you apply with a light hand it's such a beautiful earthy, autumnal shade. Someone with darker skin could apply it heavier. I can't believe I passed it over so many times! The texture is absolutely perfect, almost like a hybrid between creme and matte. Lasts a long time, no weird smell or flavor, cheap and readily available. Worth a try! I'll buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sabrina112

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful warm peachy, pink neutral. It is creamy, not drying, and has a good staying power without being drying. It is matt with a soft sheen, not opaque. It is a lovely lipstick and is half the price of a MAC lipstick. If you are very fair, with warm undertones, like myself, it appears to brighten the face and looks very natural.