April 16, 2014 | 1839 users online

Bath Treatments - Avon - Skin So Soft Bath Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of this and had been using it for a while until one night all of a sudden my hubby couldn't stop sneezing and his eyes got all watery so I had to wash it off right away. It was the first time my hubby had a reaction to that smell and I haven't tried it since around him. I love using it and save it for when he is out of town on business trips. Lol

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by rengreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to regular body butter, which is almost not moisturizing enough in deep winter, but I can't stand the smell. A lot of the reviewers here use this as an insect repellent, and I can see why. It's quite musky and woody, too much even for me, and I'm a fan of masculine scents.

I do like it, barring the smell, and it is moisturizing enough for my verrrry dy skin. Perhaps I'll just save it to use in the summer. Alas, the search for a perfect body oil continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I have used and loved this product for 46 years ;-). I could not believe I have not done a review on it before now! Skin So Soft is an awesome bath oil. I use it in a small spray bottle right before I get out of the shower on my legs, arms, torso, etc., then I rinse off lightly. It is an amazing oil. It does have a strong fragrance and comes in two smells. I rather like the orrigional best. I rather use this oil when I am not planning on using any other fragrance however. It does have a smell all it's own and I had rather not mix any other fragrance with it. I hope Avon never changes this product or terminates it! It is ok to have two with different fragrances for those who do not particularly love the orrigional scent but please Avon, never end my Skin So Soft orrigional! I have been my own Avon Rep. since I was old enough to join up, 16 years old ;-) but had to lie back then and say I was 18. I have loved so many Avon products over the years and seen Avon either change or terminate them for some other line. Hopefully Skin So Soft is like the Avon legacy itself and they will keep it around as long as they are in business! I sure hope so, but I felt that way about another Avon fragrance that Avon ended, Topaz. That was a fragrance that was a big part of the Avon Legacy and for some reason unbeknown to me, Avon terminated it! Please Avon, bring back Topaz for a season!!! And whatever you do, do not terminate Skin So Soft, or I will have to be finally retired from being my own Avon Rep.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by neonpen

The only product i will purchase from avon. Love the smell of it!!! I use it after i shave my legs and on my arms. Will repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like other reviewers my family (including our dog) uses this for bug repellent in the summer. I use it in my foot soak with epsom salts. I like to use it to trap moisture right out of a shower. I have terribly dry skin and use this to relieve winter itch. The fragrance is woody and kinda like EL Youth Dew. I find it smells relaxing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Jassmin

This is a must have product. My family and I have used this faithfully as an insect repellent, and it works wonderfully! I do not like dousing my family or myself in DEET or other chemical bug sprays. So this is a fantastic, safe alternative that works. I really like the smell, too. I don't find it offensive at all. It is somewhat masculine, however. For everyday use, I would prefer to use the SSS Soft & Sensual line. By the way, this bath oil works super for pre-cleaning behind the ears and neck. It gently loosens dirt and buildup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this along with my family as a bug and mosquito repellent, rather than using a chemical stinky Off or other product, and yes it WORKS!! So not only do we smell nice, we are moisturized and no itchy bites, I actually was standing at the bus stop last summer with this oil in, and watched as a mosquito was preparing to land on my arm, he landed then flew off as fast as he could! No bites! Just make sure to wear a sunscreen with this oul, as it will attract the sun with the sheen, it soaks in, so don't worry about being a greasy mess, wear your hair uo as you are applying it and at least until the oil dries so you don't end up with slicked ends.
I apply in the morning rifght out of shower on damp skin, that way it soaks in faster and locks in moisture for softer skin, also like that I'm not going to work stinking like bug spray! You can also add a cap full to your bath water, this can also be found in a spray mist bottle form, I simply buy the huge bath oil one, then just refill the spray bottle to use as a bug repellent. Trust me I live in mosquito ville and this works, keeps ticks away too, black flyes etc... I apply to my dog too, her coat is shiny and soft and it is safe - no chemicals!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't even describe how disgusting this scent is to me. I'll run away screaming if it's anywhere near. No wonder it's used as a mosquito repellant. Vile.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by desouterj

I like this item for a variety of purposes. It is nice to put on while you are in the bath or shower, you can spray it on after the shower to lock in moisture, it has a nice, light scent, and it is known to repel mosquitoes.

The scent is light, but long-wearing. The texture, when applied or used is nice and not greasy...unless you slather it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a very masculine deet spray smell to it but it works great after I shave my legs. It moisturizes well. There are 100 ways to use this bath oil, for full list: http://www.kitchencraftsnmore.net/skinsosoft.html. This should be every girl must have. My sister gave me this a full size bottle, I'm sure it will last me atleast 5 years.