October 21, 2014 | 1971 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Forever and Ever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with this scent at the second sniff. I had read so many good reviews and was really curious. So, at the first occasion in a duty free (the only place where it was sold at that time) I sprayed it on a little cardboard but I didn’t like it that much. It was quite bloomy and almost sharp, maybe because it was end of winter in North of Europe and I was still having a phase of oriental, woody, spicy scents. Then, months later, it was end of summer, at the same duty free, I tried it again, spraying it directly on my skin, and this time I was mesmerized. I couldn’t stop sniffing my wrists and even days later I loved the soft, delicious smell coming from the sleeves of my jacket that made me feel happy. And so I had to buy it. Since then I have bought many bottles, witch it is unusual for me. How to describe this beautiful scent? This is doubtless a rose scent. But the composition is so good calibrated that you actually don’t detect the rose as the main plain note. It is not so obvious like in Stella or Chloe EdT, where the rose give that powdery, almost retro-styled note that makes me always feel melancholic like a rainy autumn afternoon. In Forever and Ever the rose is beautifully rounded by delicate white flowers (freesia, jasmine) in a very subtly way, conferring to it a sense of openness, youth, freshness and joy. After a hour then I start to smell also something sweet and creamy (vanilla, musk and nutmeg), not in an offensive but more in an imperceptibly way, like when you add just a bit of sugar and milk in a coup of good black tea. It is something delicate and cocooning, comforting and inspiring, intimate, sensual but innocent at the same time. Every time I wear it I feel joyous. Sometimes I also spray a bit before going to bed. It is a sort of antidepressant and it works in every season and in every climate, in the hot Mediterranean summer, in the cold North European winter or in the mild NZ climate, what is quite unusual for me, as I have to adapt my scents to the seasons and temperatures. The only gripe is that my nose is quite sensible and it gets used really fasten to almost every scent after a while so I have to alternate it to other scents.
I don’t know if the new edition of 2009 („Les Créations de Monsieur Dior“) has exactly the same composition. I really hope so, also because the new bottle is so gorgeous and I’m surely going to buy it as soon as I have finished the old one.
Anyway, of all perfumes I have ever worn, this is one of them I get most compliments, especially from men. Some said this is the most beautiful scent they have smelled on a woman and some noticed, you smell so good, and when I asked how, they said, it smells like…you.
EDIT: The new version of 2009 „Les Créations de Monsieur Dior“ is not exactly the same. The new edition in is an accentuated floral light-motive of the composition and less spicy. But for some reason I seem to like it even more then the old version.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Mary4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume. It smells sweet and is definitely very girly.
I love it more since it was a gift from my boyfriend for my birthday and he loved how I smelt wearing it.
I would definitely repurchase this, but maybe just for sentimental reasons.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by stilllovely

I don't actually own this product (but if I did I would buy it again!). Everytime I'm in a department store I head to the Christian Dior counter to try it on. To me it smells like pears- lots and lots of juicy pears. I know that sounds strange because no one else describes the scent that way but to me it's very strong (I love the scent but don't like eating pears!). It's also light and sweet and floral. I'm also a fan of Miss Dior Cherie (I'm in the my twenties and people tend to say these scents are worn by younger women). It's great scent because it's not heady and overpowering. Interestingly I didn't recognise the bottle in the picture because in Australia the bottles are transparent with a pinkish glow to them. Maybe they've just changed the packaging and it hasn't reached us yet...?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Very sweet, girly perfume. If perfume were colors, then Forever and Ever would be pink- making the bottle perfectly appropriate. This somehow reminds me of a lighter version of Lancome's Miracle, so take from that what you will. I definitely have to be in a mood to wear this, but it will remain in rotation on my shelf.

*edit* A year later, and this has actually gotten better in my eyes. I just ordered a second bottle. Perfect sweet girliness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by joycecsm

EDIT:
Guess what? The 100mls are here! Charge, girls!

OLD:
I hope no one else would ever buy this perfume. I hope that I will die with this secret in my heart. The secret of how beautiful this scent makes me feel. How young and carefree that I can be, but am not. I want to be the only one wearing it ever. BUT. If that happens, dior will discontinue this. Then NO WAY. I rather it stays an open secret than closed to me forever and ever. I have many perfumes but I count this the most special although it is not the most expensive. This is the only perfume that I feel stingy to use. I don't get why dior doesn't sell this in 100ml. WHY? 100ml will be cheaper in the long run. I never buy any perfume NOT at its full size. And I have no choice but to buy this one in 50ml.
Sigh. Sometimes, the smaller it is, the more precious it makes you feel. I have already bought a 2nd one on standby and I'm not even halfway thru my first bottle.
Different friends have always told me that this scent reminds them of me. But this was before I had it. I didn't used to like it at first though. But now... it is a dream... to be floating amongst flowers and smell like this everyday.
Dior, you have done something right. *muak*

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by smoothchocolat

Hubby told me every time I wore it that it smelled like toilet soap. Yeah. I thought it was soft, very nice. But, I stopped wearing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews here, I was determined to find a bottle of this in a duty-free store somewhere! I finally got my friend to get it for me when she went on a trip, without my ever having smelled it myself. I'm SO disappointed! To me/on me, this smells very strongly and simply of lilacs, and that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

Several years ago this was l/e. I love this fragrance but I think it is more for the younger (20's) girls. Still, very adorable. Glad that it's a mainstay now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by aquasea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Noone will believe this, but to my nose this one smells like a really light version of Poison. I haven't compared the notes etc, but something in Forever and Ever is Poison-ish. And as far as i'm concerned, that's a good thing.

NB. It's only like the floral aspect of Poison - very light & def. no patchouli etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

UPDATE: Okay, I've been wearing this for a week now and my opinion on this has greatly changed. Apperently, this smells great on me cause I keep getting complimented on how nice I smell!! People are asking me what I'm wearing and where they can get it! I guess compliments helped changed my mind about this since now I've come to really accept it. Its a fabulous fragrance for Spring and Summer -- give it a try. There's nothing else out there like it :)

Now keep a bottle in my purse with me everywhere I go.

I got this off ebay cause of all the good reviews I read here. However, I guess scent is really a subjectional thing. CD's Forever and Ever is a very floral scent - its not a sweet scent. Personally, I'm not loving it on my skin. I really wanted to like this, especially since I dished out a lot of to get it. Hopefully, this will grow on me but for now, I'm just disappointed :(