Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 2/6/2015 8:41:00 PM

I purchased a large 500 ml bottle from a large chain Asian grocery store in California called Marina Foods for about $33-$36. Sometimes I feel too much product comes out too quickly from this heavy plastic bottle - a bit hard to control. The pink "sensibio/crealine" one is suitable for dry skin, green "sebium" one is for combo/oily.

This is great for the double cleanse method of washing your face as well as on days where you do not wear any makeup and slightly lazy. For days that I wear any kind of makeup, it is best to use an oil cleanser (my ultimate favorite right now is Shu Uemura’s) and then follow up with this cleansing water to wipe the excess dirt and residual makeup left. Skin doesn’t feel dry at all with both of these solutions. I tried using only this product to wipe off makeup and it just took too many cotton pads to get all the product off. I had moisturizer, primer, a skin-smoothing blur and a BB cream – it took at least three wipes on one cheek to see no more dark product on the cotton pad. I felt that it just took too much time in this case. When I am not wearing any makeup at all, this comes in handy and wipes my face clean much faster. Sometimes on my “lazy” no makeup days, I still do a “double-cleanse,” but with a makeup wipe and this water. Overall, not bad.

on 2/6/2015 7:01:00 PM

This is an amazing HG status makeup remover. I use it as the first step in my PM skincar routine to remove my eye and face makeup-- either alone or before cleansing.

It feels exactly like water, but effectively removes all traces of makeup without feeling oily, and it doesn't make me breakout. My skin feels so soft, smooth, and clean after using this product.

I highly recommend this for anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin. It is so gentle and effective, yet won't leave your skin feeling tight or dehydrated.

I wish it was less expensive in the states, but some products are worth the price.

The one downside I would note is that it can cause my eyes to feel sensitive/ slightly irritated, especially if I've been wearing a lot of waterproof mascara and liner, but not anymore so than regular eye makeup remover.

on 2/1/2015 6:57:00 PM

very good cleanser and makeup remover, even waterproof makeup :) not greasy and does not require mixing, very easy application. only thing is it is pricey here in nz, but when in france, i stock up! :) prices are fantastic there!

on 1/29/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i LOOOOOOOVE this product, nothing else to say - give it a try and you will agree :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

My HG cleaner. Does not irritate my skin at all, the only cleaner I can use while using tretinoin.

on 1/21/2015 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This famous micellaire solution is a great make up remover but also a general face cleanser.
I sometimes take my make up off using something else, take a shower then cleanse my face with the micellaire and there's still make up residue on the cotton pad!
It can also be used on no make up days, if you just want to remove all the dirt from the environment.
It does a great job removing eye make up since it never stings the eye like many others do.
The only cons are first that for me it sometimes leaves black makeup residue inside my eyes which is disguisting and second the price. It is not very expensive but it doesn't last that long if you use it for both eyes and face.

on 1/14/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best. There is a reason this an award winner. It feels like pure water on my skin and my children also love it. It removes all my makeup and even my mascara. It is so gentle and doesn't burn my skin or my eyes like the Nivea one does. I work in a cosmetics department and I recommend Bioderma Micellar water to all my customers looking for an effective and gentle makeup remover. It's also a wonderful refresher for my skin in the morning. The only thing that sucks is the price. $20 for 200 ml. However it lasts longer than a package of makeup wipes. Makeup wipes are $10 for 25 cloths that last around 2 weeks. Micellar water lasts longer so it works about the same if you buy two packages of wipes.
Love, love, love this product! I love that it's no rinse and less waste than the wipes. My skin feels nice and balanced and smooth after application. It doesn't leave an icky residue like some waters do and works great for my oily skin.

on 1/13/2015 7:25:00 AM

I can't believe I didn't write anything about it!

It is gentle, it removes makeup (not waterproof), you just keep the soaked pad for a while and it's gone, no rubbing.
Doesn't sting, no cloudy eyes, no redness.
Very basic product, very effective, no frills really.

I'm using it from 4 years without any pause.

I live in Paris and in some areas it is more expensive, even 5 euros difference.

on 1/11/2015 7:18:00 PM

I have really sensitive, dry skin. If I'm wearing waterproof mascara (which I almost always am) I really had to rub to get it off, which would irritate my skin and create rashy patches under my eyes. This stuff is amazing for sensitive skin. No fragrance, no residue, no irritation.

I was kind of skeptical because I couldn't imagine it would be a great make-up remover since it basically looks and smells like water but it works better than any others I've used. It essentially dissolves the mascara and i can just wipe it easily away. It's also great as a toner. I've been using it for about a year now and it can tackle even tough costume makeup for halloween.

If you have sensitive skin, or just want a really effective makeup remover, I would definitely recommend this. It is on the pricey side, but I buy the 500ml bottles so it's a better deal and I think it's worth it.

on 1/7/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a god send! I prefer using Bioderma to make up remover wipes as I think it does SUCH better job, however half the time I use a 'Simple' make up wipe (when I'm lazy and I bought them because they were 50% off) and then go over with Bioderma on a cotton round, usually finding make up left on my skin.

This is very gentle and I pretty much don't use anything else to remove my eye make up. Sometimes I have trouble getting a waterproof mascara off by Eyeko, but I think it's just because it's SUPER waterproof.

I've finished a 250mL bottle and am close to finishing my current 500mL bottle! The 500mL bottle is one that I think maybe only Australia/NZ stock because the other large Bioderma bottles I've seen have got a normal bottle head on them, where as my current one has a pump, just like those nail polish remover pump bottles.

This means that you can't really get too much out the bottle or risk pouring too much onto a cotton pad. Sometimes I press down with a cotton round and it squirts out instead of soaking into the pad (annoying). I do wish my store stocked the normal lidded bottles.

Apart from that, I love this. It's expensive but worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials