September 22, 2014 | 1857 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Ystheal Anti-aging gel-cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Makes your eye area gleam and look radiant. Texture glides on beautifully. Great as a primer for any under eye concealer. You need much less, and your concealer seems to improve in your mind, but really it's because you've prepped your eye area first with this!:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My fave eye treatment at the moment. Gives my eyes a luminosity. A little goes a long way. Love that it's peach coloured rather than that glue white colour:)
Think I can find better though.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the texture of this eye cream. Though it's called gel-cream, it's more on the cream side imo. Softening and comforting, without being too greasy or sticky. The line-reducing effect? Can't really tell cuz I always believe that eye creams are more for prevention than correction.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used one huge sample that lasted me for a long time, applying only in the evening (retinol shoul never see sun light!) and still have some left.
At the beginning it was OK, did not notice big improvements, but neither did I have unwanted effects.
After some applications though, my eye area begun to sting like crazy (upon application). Therefore I stopped using. I know retinol can cause sensitization, and this was my case.
Not sure if I will dare again to apply it. If I try,I will use very sparingly.
Be very careful if you have sensitive skin (I have not, and look what it did to me). To me it's a no-buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sg123

No noticeable results for me. Disappointed I wasted money on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Mousez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using for a month, my puffiness and dark rings has effectively been reduced and brighten, but i find the product abit oily, and after using i notice there severe tiny bumbs growing around my eye area. Not really recommned for people with oily sensitve skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by rabagast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHOULD ONLY BE USED AT NIGHT - the active ingredient (retinaldehyde) is degraded by UV light. Following the instructions is highly recommended when using retinoids, ignoring them may damage skin permanently. Make sure to use adequate sun protection in the daytime and only use retinal/retinaldehyde products at night. This is NOT great as a primer for under eye concealer unless you wear concealer when you sleep, because that's the only time you should be using this.

This is a preliminary review, I've only been using this for a week so far and can't comment on longer term effects yet.

Thing is I've been using Avene retinoids for 3 years and know this works for the rest of my face but my eye area is very sensitive so I've pretty much assumed this would be too irritating.

It's not. No adverse effects so far, which is very unusual for me with any eye cream. No instant miracle but not expecting one, the main thing so far is that I can happily conclude that even my eye area seems able to tolerate this.

Update December 7th:
Still no negative reactions whatsoever. Using this as any eye cream at night. Not expecting an overnight miracle.

Update May 27:
It's taken me until now to use up the first tube and i've been using this pretty much every night. Not bad. The impressive thing is that it's visibly improved my eyelid skin texture. I started using this because i was starting to notice the skin around my eyelid crease was becoming more crepey, less smooth, and i chose this product because in my experience Avene retinoids tend to actually work. I haven't changed any other facial/eye area products or other habits, so i think it's safe to credit this with the improvement. It was getting to the point where i'd begun to avoid wearing even moderately shimmery eye shadows in the crease, because the shimmer brings out any crepeyness and i don't particularly want to emphasize the things that make me look older.

Well i'm back to using shimmer shades in the crease now, because that crepey look is all gone.

I've also been using this underneath eyes, where i have some lines. Can't say i see any change in those, not that i had expected a mild retinoid like this to have any real effect on those, but i should mention that although i see some very significant improvement that can only be ascribed to this product don't expect miracles. But it really does work, and that at a very reasonable price.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by scubaair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this product as a free gift from an online purchase. I feel that the eye area is one of the most significant places to fight aging so I was anxious to try this. I looked it up on line and although I did not find a lot of information regarding this product, what I did find was quite positive.

After using this for two weeks, I really do like this product. I notice a difference in fine lines around my eyes however it is so strong that I cannot use it every night. If I do, the skin around my eyes seem to be rather sensitive as if I had used too much Retin A or have a sunburn, so I've reduced use to every other night which seems to give me optimal results.

I am going to continue using this product and plan on making a purchase as soon as my generous sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by yohoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product when it had a promotional sale. Once you put it on you will feel the tighness around your eyes. It does make your eye muscle tight and with a comfort feeling as well. It does what it says. Good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avene Ystheal+ Eye Contour Care 15ml / 19 euro in Greece
I really like a lot this eye cream. I am all life La Prairie Cellular Contour Eye Cream..but month ago I decide to try this and I really really like it. My eye area improved very much. Less fine lines ,much firmer & bright eye area and huge improvement with my eye puffiness also love the pump bottle. Just don’t forget to start slowly with this as can dry your eye area. Starting 3 x week will be great. I think I will stay with it.