April 19, 2014 | 1646 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - O de Lancome

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 7:32:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a very green scent-appropriate mainly for spring/summer! The initial smell is fairly strong and intrusive! However, I do not find it special, as it lacks depth and the combination of lemon and vetiver reminds me of after-shave. On my rather dry skin, it lasts for about 30 min, same as a cheap cologne would. I wear it occasionally ( especially when the weather is hot and anything else would smell suffocating) but after I finish my vial, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

One of my staples. I love the creative way some reviewers express their dissatisfaction with products! I'm glad Lancome has kept this on their roster all of these years. There are plenty of scents out there if this one doesn't suit you! However, for me O de Lancome has been a refreshing breeze of joyful memories. So fresh, youthful and playful. I enjoy it in the summertime preferably when I've got free time. For me, it carries me away only for a short while and leaves me happy and calm. Citrusy with attitude and personality. It's not flowery and sweet. UPDATE: This is still my go to fragrance for warm, sunny days. However, Lancome counters do not sell it anymore, saying it's "discontinued". It is sold online, though. Hope it stays available online.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by leendagrl

kittyfly77 said it all

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kittyfly77

When I was a baby, my mother used to wear it for many years...
So to me, it smells like those old happy days!!!
The problem is that I tried to wear it once too and I couldn't recognize myself, because I smelled too much like she did.... :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I wear this, I feel happy and light-hearted. It's a soft lemony, bit spicy, young kind of fragrance; nothing loud or brash about it. This is the only Lancome frag I like, and have liked, for a very long time. I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Times and likes, and dislikes, change and with O de Lancome it's changed for the better. I bought two bottles of this in the early Spring of '00 , one for me and one for a friend. When I got this home and spritzed it on I wondered what in the heck was I thinking?! Way too powdery and dated, kind of like the powder note in Shiseido's original Zen. I loved the opening citrus but it was that powder note that just killed it for me and so I returned my bottle. Fast forward to last Spring, noticing a theme here (?), and I had a chance to sniff it again while putzing around in the duty free store at JFK. I fell in love and wondered what in the heck was I thinking to have returned such a great fragrance?! Put it on mental file to buy another bottle for my collection. And now it's Spring again, or will be starting tomorrow the 20th, and I finally bought another bottle and I can say that I still love this fragrance! Very fresh and herbal and gets better as the day goes on. And YES I do agree that it smells a bit dated, in a 60's/70's fragrance kind of way, but I'm just not caring. Great fragrance and I look forward to wearing this during the Spring and on into Summer! : ) Notes: lemon,mandarin,petitgrain,bergamot,honeysuckle,lily of the valley,jasmine,rosemary,oakmoss,vetiver,amber,musk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Jolly_C

I love the top notes of this fragrance--soft lemon with a hint of floral. I only wish these would carry over as the day goes on, but the second and final notes are just awful. It's musky (I loathe musk) and rubbery, and it made me want to vomit. If I didn't have the urge to purge, my head throbbed. O de Lancome does not smell as bad as some of the perfumes out there (I vaguely remember a woman's Stetson being one of the WORST I have ever smelled), but I can't stand to wear it on myself. I love the bottle and I adore the green color of the perfume, and I'd like to salvage the bottle, but I'm afraid pouring out O de Lancome might kill me. Not recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by milou

The first note is definitely lemon. It reminds me of lemon sherbet. Then it becames softer, less 'sharp' more vetyver-ish. It does remind me a lot of Carven 'Ma Griffe'. It also has a certain masculin quality-like an after-shave or a men's cologne.
It is more of a summer fragrance. I am sure it will appeal to people who like green, crisp , lemony scents. It is not for me. The bottle is not very inspiring, it looks fine in your bathroom/shower room shelf, but those of you with a penchant for displaying cute bottles on your dressing table will not find it attractive (I don't). I have been given this as a collection of Lancome scents for Christmas. I would not buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This fragrance is a unique lemon herbally scent, suitable for summer and hot climates.
I also really love the bottle - very classy.
That being said, it's not my favorite.
I think lemon scents aren't so great on me. And it's a bit masculine.
For a lemonny feminine scent I prefer Diorella, or In Love Again, or Eau de Rykiel, and Carrera (a floral citrus)
For a clean scent, I prefer more of a "freshly showered clean" rather than a lemon-citrus clean. My favorites are: Carriere, Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, Calgon Morning Glory (!), and Calgon Perfect Bliss.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

O de Lancome is a soft citrus/herbal scent on me. The initial spritz of lemon topnotes really is lovely and then the scent dies away to a softer mix of lemon and herbal notes - quite linear. I can't detect any jasmine or honeysuckle. Although this is not masculine on me exactly, I can see it would be lovely worn by a man! Personally, I would prefer to smell a few more floral notes. Still, a very refreshing, clean, classic scent for the summer.