July 29, 2014 | 1220 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would gladly give this foundation 5 lippies if it had a darn pump. Get with the times Revlon! Other than that I have nothing bad to say about this stuff. Amazing coverage (acne scars, redness etc just disappear without the need for concealer) Doesn't look cakey. Lasts all day on my very oily skin and is super easy to apply. I was able to find my perfect shade, which doesn't happen often with drug store foundations. Definitely a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by abbalina88

just bought this product for the first time. threw a bit on this morning before work. I got to say I love it. so far so good

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Yeezytaughtme

this is the best drugstore foundation hands down. i highly recommend. i have an oily t-zone and this foundation helps keep my skin matte. my one gripe with this product is the lack of colors in the shade range. i have olive skin with a yellow undertone and i find this foundation has more shades in a pink undertone, so its really hard for me to find one that matches my exact skin color. overall, still my favorite drugstore foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by petiterugger

Finally a product that DOESN'T break out my skin! I use this foundation on top of my Pop Beauty Face Magnet primer. I find that it's easy to build coverage. This doesn't cake on my face. There is minimum transference. I have very fair skin and this is a VERY natural color for me. It doesn't make my face very oily. I haven't used this product with any powder yet because powder has a tendency to sink into my pores and break me out (I'm hesitant to try powder even though I have recently introduced primer into my routine). You can't really tell I am wearing foundation when I wear this product. It's blend-able, which is terrific. I find that it mutes the redness of my skin when I break out. My Ivory shade has a yellow undertone which works well with me because I naturally have light rosy pink undertones to my skin (which makes me SUPER RED when I break out). I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

This foundation is my baby.
    Like if I had to choose one make-up product I couldn't live without I would chose this.
    I've been through hell and back with my skin. I had severe acne for years. After Accutane, I don't need this foundation anymore because I don't need full coverage, but I use it anyway.

Coverage - medium to full.
    Texture - definitely a liquid, but thick enough to easily build coverage.
    Buildable- A second layer will go on smoothly without the bottom layer caking up.
    Scent - well the dry skin formula smells like paint to me, but the oily skin one has almost no smell.
    Lasting Power - amazing.
    Transferability - I won't lie, this does get on my clothes from my face if I'm not careful. It doesn't set totally matte on me, it stays a bit tacky until I set it with powder, but it's just my hempseed oil moisturizer mixing with it.
    Oil Control - well, it's better than regular foundations; but I wouldn't say I notice much of a delay of my oils showing through. I didn't notice a difference with this vs. the dry skin formula either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by CassLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This so far is my holy grail drugstore foundation! I love that it has many shades to choose from AND the best part - two different skin types to choose from. I am oily in my T-Zone. Especially in the summer time. This foundation stays on through warm days. I should also mention I do NOT use primer and do NOT use a setting powder. When applying this foundation I do need to use a light weight moisturizer or else I look super duper cakey and it helps blend my foundation flawlessly. It has never broke me out. My only dislike is that it does not have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade natural tan.

Packaging:
    THIS. NEEDS. A. PUMP.

Price:
    I got this for about $10 or so. It's not a bad price for a drugstore foundation.

Smell:
    Average foundation smell

Texture:
    Very creamy and thick.

Pros:
    -Wide color range
    -Mattifying
    -Medium to full coverage (can be built up)
    -Good staying power

Cons:
    -Will make your face shiny
    -Easy to cake it up

Comments/impressions:
    This was the first foundation that I have ever purchased, and I think I did a good job in choosing this one. This is the type of foundation that's great for beginners or even a back up foundation if you happen to run out of your old one. I would say that this is very comparable to the MAC SFF and I might even go so far as to call this their dupe. It gives you the same matte finish, similar texture and all that. However, I did find this to make me oily, even with a setting powder and spray. So if you're ever using this just make sure that you have some sort of powder with you throughout the day. Also, if you're building up the coverage do so cautiously as this can easily cake up. What I did find was that this sets to be super duper matte, but give it an hour or so and it softens up to this beautiful finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I've finally found a foundation that can keep up with my very oily/combo skin. This stuff is great. Coverage is on the heavier side and it makes your skin look very smooth and near perfect. It also lasts much longer without a primer than any others I've tried.

Personally I'm not a fan of the packaging as it will be difficult to use the last bit (it's thick and creamy, and in a glass bottle with no pump).

I think this will be my HG drugstore brand foundation, though I'm interested to know how it'll hold up in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by DinaBear1999

I love this foundation. I use Buff. I am fair with a pink undertone and the color works for me. I don't wear foundation everyday because I don't have time but when I go out I use this one. It never fails that someone will tell me how great my skin. is. Its NOT!!! I have awful skin. Dark spots, acne scars, large pore. This foundation not only covers it all but it looks so natural. No one believes me that its the make up. Its also so easy to apply. I just smooth it on with my fingers working one section of my face at a time. It dries quickly so you want to work in smaller sections. I find the best tool for this foundation is your fingers. The bottle does get messy. I wish it was a pump instead. But other then that this foundation is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not much for foundation but after buying this product I've been using it everyday. I have it in 330 Natural Tan for Oily/Combination skin. This stuff is amazing! The color really does stay. Did I mention yet? The price is wonderful.

The smell is kind of interesting. Some say it has sort of a paint smell, but in my opinion, it's kind of sweet florally paint smell. Not unpleasant, but not preferable either. It does go away after it dries, however.

Pros:
    - Lasts all day!
    - Matte finish, so I don't have to worry about my skin getting really oily throughout the day.
    - Inexpensive
    - Feels light
    - Improved my acne!
    - Blends easily
    - Good color selection
    - Doesn't accentuate pores, wrinkles, dry patches, or acne.

Cons:
    - Difficult to remove
    - Weird smell
    - Dries quickly - must work quickly.
    - DOES NOT HAVE A PUMP!

My main complaint is the fact that this foundation did not have a pump. Even though that might bump up the price a bit, it would just be much more convenient and less messy with a pump. The cap of the foundation does crack, so be careful with that when traveling.

I got complimented enormously when I wore it. I definitely recommend this foundation for anyone - even those with dry skin; I've heard that the foundation for dry skin is not nearly as good as this one. Definitely a holy grail foundation!