Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

on 2/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this concealer as part of the Undercover Pot #2. When I first saw the color, I was a bit skeptical if it would match my fair skintone because it looks dark and orange from the pot, but the description says it's for fair skin, so I decided to give it a try. Holy molly it looks great! It blends seamlessly and gives a natural luminosity. It adds just the right amount of hightlight under my eyes, but most importantly it is covers my apparent greenish veins under my eyes, thanks to the orangy tone that neutralises the green tone. The texture is also creamy so it blends easily and maintain the moisture of such delicate area. Great product, but I might not repurchase because it's too expensive and it's not available in my country.

LOVE! I ran out of Bobbi Brown concealer and thought I'd try Laura Mercier because I love her translucent powder (has a green tint). My fiance noticed immediately that something was different with my face. Said I looked refreshed and even younger. It was the LM concealer. It has a lot of pigment, so a little goes a long way. It covers very well without looking dry or chalky. It doesn't gather in the creases either. Great for someone with older skin. I love this product! I gave it a 3 on packaging - would be nice if the lid was a pop top and not a screw on.

on 1/25/2015 8:53:00 AM

This concealer hides perfecty all dark circles while leaving the delicate under- eye area smooth and dewy-looking. I appreciate this very much and prefer it to a powdery finish. You need only a tiny, tiny amount of product so a little goes a long way and it's really worth the steep price tag. My only complaint is the pot it comes with. For hygienic reasons I prefer squeeze tubes.

on 12/30/2014 8:01:00 AM

This is the best concealer for dark circles I have been able to find. I use it on top of my YSL Touche Eclat and it works beautifully. It`s pretty moisturizing and the color coverage is amazing. It blends well, and the truth is that it does initially settle into fine lines, but you can use your fingers to blend it more and it turns out all right. The product is packaged nicely in a small plastic jar and it lasts a good while. I`m on my second jar now.

on 12/6/2014 10:33:00 PM

I am an NC20 in Mac terms and I got this in Color 1. I can't speak for the color match, as this was not very pigmented. It didn't cover my circles very well and did not last long either. I have used up the entire concealer as I experimented with different brushes, setting powders and primers. My under eyes are every dry and I thought with such a creamy concealer it would be compatible. This somehow accentuates my dry patches even more and it creases like crazy. Over all this was a skip. It's pricey for what it does. No lasting power, hardly any coverage and the pot isn't very sanitary (doesn't bother me but I know it bothers some).

on 10/25/2014 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I didn't like this at first because I thought it looked very orange -- not really the color I want for my undereyes. After playing with it a couple of times, I found that the orangey tinge actually counteracted the nasty dark blue color of my undereyes. Patting this with my ring finger rapidly yet softly really blends it without sheering it out.

on 9/14/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer has a nice creamy consistency and blends well while still providing adequate coverage for problem areas. The color I selected was a good match (COLOR 1.5 - light beige for light complexion w/ pink undertone) for someone with a lighter skin tone, brown hair and hazel eyes. At $30 for 0.08 oz it seemed a bit pricey, but you don't use a lot and I can tell it will last a long time. I haven't had issues with creasing and it lasts all day. The Packaging is functional and durable. All-in-all I am satisfied with my purchase.

on 8/1/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i really think this is the best under eye concealer ive ever used.. it has really good coverage and last all day. the only bad i can say was it runs out quickly

on 7/11/2014 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought shade number 1 and was disappointed and didn't understand the hype because no matter how well I blended it I could still see it under my eyes and it didn't do much to conceal my dark shadows. Then after doing some research I saw that there is a lighter shade #0.5. This shade is perfect! I'm quite fair but I wouldn't say I'm really fair so I think a lot of people might get the wrong shade. This just sinks in to my skin, it's not orange and does a fantastic job. A little bit goes a long way!

on 3/10/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this concealer. I'm currently on my 3rd pot and have applied it various ways.
My favorite application is with a Beauty Blender, it just helps blend the product seamlessly into your skin and a little goes a long way. I think that by using the BB, I don't use up as much during daily application so it saves me from using it up so quickly. It also looks so natural and blending is easy.

This is a great under eye concealer as it's so creamy and emollient.

If you don't have a beauty blender and choose to apply it with a brush or fingers, I definitely recommend setting it with LM Secret Power or an equivalent as it does tend to slip through out the day.