April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of the Laura Mercier mineral range so I had to try the concealer. For me, it was awful! It creased so much as soon as I applied it. The texture is sticky which I don't like personally. The colour seemed to go darker as the day went on even after setting with the secret brightening powder. Horrible. I won't be repurchasing, I doubt I'll even finish the pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really really like this concealer for what it does for me.
I'm 23 and I want to get ride of my tired eyes, and this does the job perfectly. You can really tell when I'm not wearing it, my eyes don't look as open.

I tend to just pop some under my eye and blend with my ring finger then set with some translucent powder.
Definitely buying again! However, it would be nice if it were cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

I actually really liked this concealer, i usually use Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach and concealer in honey, i was matched to LM Secret concealer number 4,I love that it gives it a very smooth look. I bought the radiant finish concealer by Nars and although i loved the texture and feel of it, it came off to cakey and ashy even in my color match. I think if you use the LM secret concealer make sure you blend it in well and set it with a brightening loose powder Also, i still continue to use my Bobbi Brown corrector and then add the LM concealer since i like for all my circles to be hidden. If your on the fence about this concealer, go to Spehora and ask them to give you a sample of your matched color and try it out and see how you like.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by l0veefunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give this concealer a try after hearing all the rave reviews about LM concealer. The SA recommended the secret concealer, however it doesn't really live up to its name.

1. It doesn't have a very thick coverage and can't fully conceal my dark eye circles. 2. The texture seems too oily and thick. after applying it seems to cake and crease, my under eye look very patchy. 3. The concealer doesn't last at all. With or without finishing powder it melts off within 3 hours. The oily texture also causes my mascara to smudge. 4. The packaging is not that user friendly.

I would not buy it again. Too expensive and doesn't live up to its name.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this 2 or 3 times about 1-2 years ago. my sister recommended it to me. its her HG concealer. so i tried it out. let me just say, i have REALLY bad dark circles. hers arent as bad as mine. also when i get no sleep, i look like i got punched in the eye. lol...
the coverage i would say is okay. nothing amazing. if you have a little darkness under your eyes i think this would help that. i think it only creases really bad if you dont set it with powder. dont go crazy with the powder though. this covers pimples and mark okay as well. i think i paid $23 CAD for it at Sephora. my dark circles by the way are hereditary. would i repurchase this? maybe not. if my HG mac studio concealer suddenly was discontinued or something like that , this would be my next choice. the product in this is very little, for me anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this lovely concealer recently, but have yet to determine it's lasting effect on me. I must say that when the makeup artist at Sephora applied it to my undereye area, it looked pretty awesome! She applied Nars radiant concealer under one eye and the Laura Mercier under the other eye. We asked 3 or 4 Sephora staff (separately!) which one they preferred, and they all voted for the Laura Mercier one. I had been planning to purchase the famous Nars radiant concealer, but it didn't even come close to the Laura Mercier one (which was flawless and amazigly age-defying and radiant when compared to the Nars brand), although I did prefer the Nars packaging and applicator. I did have to take off a lippie for the packaging--Too bad the Laura Mercier concealer didn't come in a tube instead of a potentially unhygenic pot-type container.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has pretty good coverage and I was able to find a very good colour match in #2. This stuff is very emollient though and tends to move around a bit. It ended up really irritating my eyes. I also used some on my eyelids to even out my skintone and it irritated my skin there too, making it itchy and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rlavach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Creases immediately. I purchased this concealer off a recommendation from a Sephora employee. She stated it is the least likely to crease in the store. Before I even got up from my makeup chair...it creased. With or without powder, it creased. Applying with a brush or finger, it creased. Yey.

It does have great coverage. It covered my dark circles amazingly. It stayed moisturized during the day & never had a dry look.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I could not make this work for me, although the color was fine. It makes all my eye makeup dissolve and I end up with raccoon eyes, especially if I use eyeliner or mascara along the lower lash line. It will even make waterproof mascara bleed. I tried solving this problem by adding powder, but this causes it to look terribly caked-on. I'm not sure how other people who like this product are using it. It's not working with my other cosmetics, and I don't have oily skin or live in a humid environment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really really really...(takes a breath) really really really like this concealer for under the eyes.

After using the bobbi brown corrector for years whilst my skin was oily, my skin started getting dry as I got older & started using retin a, I found that it wasn't hydrating enough & for rushed mornings I can't be bothered putting on eye creams in the morning. But this LM concealer is just emollient enough to not crepe under the eyes without eye cream. It gives my eyes a lift & awakeness with the Dewey effect.

Plus its not too peachy like the Bobbi Brown one, again with my laziness I can't be bothered layering a concealer over my under eye corrector. The sc is just enough peachiness to counteract the under eyes darkness alone and blending in with the rest of the face colour without having to cover over the peachiness (if you get what I mean).

Another plus is the packaging, nice and simple, no bulkiness like Benefit erase paste. Its perfect for travel.

I'm nc30 nowadays and use SC in #2 for reference under my eyes. while Bobbi brown corrector was good to me (and still is), I've converted to LM Secret Concealer as a HG.