September 15, 2014 | 968 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the LM concealer yesterday at sephora and just used it for the first time last night. Am I the only one who broke out after using it? The color matches really well with my skin tone and seems to provide pretty good coverage. But when I woke up this morning I was welcomed with pimples all around my face in different places. It claims to be non-comedogenic but it also says it's 'moisture-rich' so my hopes are kind of dying. I will keep giving it a go and will update later. Wonder if this happens to anybody else?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by gaeule

Does really great for covering my dark undereye circles! I've tried a lot of concealers for my dark undereye circles including MAC concealers and this is the best one yet! It does crease a little when first applied, but as I blended it using my fingers it works like magic. I'm definitely buying again! :) worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

I have finally found my perfect concealer! This stuff is fabulous!! It covers the blue veins under my eyes without looking heavy. I defiantly recommend this to anyone with raccoon eyes like me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of the Laura Mercier mineral range so I had to try the concealer. For me, it was awful! It creased so much as soon as I applied it. The texture is sticky which I don't like personally. The colour seemed to go darker as the day went on even after setting with the secret brightening powder. Horrible. I won't be repurchasing, I doubt I'll even finish the pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really really like this concealer for what it does for me.
I'm 23 and I want to get ride of my tired eyes, and this does the job perfectly. You can really tell when I'm not wearing it, my eyes don't look as open.

I tend to just pop some under my eye and blend with my ring finger then set with some translucent powder.
Definitely buying again! However, it would be nice if it were cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

I actually really liked this concealer, i usually use Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach and concealer in honey, i was matched to LM Secret concealer number 4,I love that it gives it a very smooth look. I bought the radiant finish concealer by Nars and although i loved the texture and feel of it, it came off to cakey and ashy even in my color match. I think if you use the LM secret concealer make sure you blend it in well and set it with a brightening loose powder Also, i still continue to use my Bobbi Brown corrector and then add the LM concealer since i like for all my circles to be hidden. If your on the fence about this concealer, go to Spehora and ask them to give you a sample of your matched color and try it out and see how you like.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by l0veefunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give this concealer a try after hearing all the rave reviews about LM concealer. The SA recommended the secret concealer, however it doesn't really live up to its name.

1. It doesn't have a very thick coverage and can't fully conceal my dark eye circles. 2. The texture seems too oily and thick. after applying it seems to cake and crease, my under eye look very patchy. 3. The concealer doesn't last at all. With or without finishing powder it melts off within 3 hours. The oily texture also causes my mascara to smudge. 4. The packaging is not that user friendly.

I would not buy it again. Too expensive and doesn't live up to its name.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this 2 or 3 times about 1-2 years ago. my sister recommended it to me. its her HG concealer. so i tried it out. let me just say, i have REALLY bad dark circles. hers arent as bad as mine. also when i get no sleep, i look like i got punched in the eye. lol...
the coverage i would say is okay. nothing amazing. if you have a little darkness under your eyes i think this would help that. i think it only creases really bad if you dont set it with powder. dont go crazy with the powder though. this covers pimples and mark okay as well. i think i paid $23 CAD for it at Sephora. my dark circles by the way are hereditary. would i repurchase this? maybe not. if my HG mac studio concealer suddenly was discontinued or something like that , this would be my next choice. the product in this is very little, for me anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this lovely concealer recently, but have yet to determine it's lasting effect on me. I must say that when the makeup artist at Sephora applied it to my undereye area, it looked pretty awesome! She applied Nars radiant concealer under one eye and the Laura Mercier under the other eye. We asked 3 or 4 Sephora staff (separately!) which one they preferred, and they all voted for the Laura Mercier one. I had been planning to purchase the famous Nars radiant concealer, but it didn't even come close to the Laura Mercier one (which was flawless and amazigly age-defying and radiant when compared to the Nars brand), although I did prefer the Nars packaging and applicator. I did have to take off a lippie for the packaging--Too bad the Laura Mercier concealer didn't come in a tube instead of a potentially unhygenic pot-type container.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has pretty good coverage and I was able to find a very good colour match in #2. This stuff is very emollient though and tends to move around a bit. It ended up really irritating my eyes. I also used some on my eyelids to even out my skintone and it irritated my skin there too, making it itchy and dry.