Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in shade 0.5 and it looks great under my eyes because it is super pigmented and adds a nice brightening effect. However, it doesn't seem to last very long no matter how much I set it with powder, after a few hours it will start to crease and settle into the fine lines of the eye area. It's also very creamy and doesn't become matte so it didn't really suit my very oily skin. I'll just be using this as a highlight from now on.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer appears to be very pigmented but seems to disappear almost immediately after blending it in, which is also quite hard to do, and which you don't want to be doing on the thin delicate skin under your eyes. So I always have to add a few layers which takes forever, and the stuff creases like crazy and doesn't last. Wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in the lightest shade 1, and it was still way too dark for me! Laura Mercier products seem to come in darker tones and don't suite fair skinned people well at all. The consistency was too thick so it was hard to blend under the eyes. The pigmentation was actually pretty good but I was unable to enjoy that due to the color and the texture of this product.

I am at my second pot because I can't find anything better than this.

I have quite obvious dark circles as I have pale skin, it makes me look even more sick and tired. The texture is creamy and smooth, usually i will use my fingers to apply directly to my undereye.

However, the coverage is not exactly enough for me and it doesn't stay long enough. But the creamy texture allows me to re-apply when needed. Usually, I will use some powder to set the concealer hoping it can stay longer.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer is good for under eye circles, that's for sure. BUT it is way too creamy for my liking. In order to make this work, you need to pat it a lot more than other concealers, but then there's a chance of patting so much that you need to add more concealer and start the process all over again. I wouldn't mind the extra patting since the coverage is so great, but it looks so greasy under my eye area. I had to pack on powder under my eye, and it still didn't look matte. So now its just sitting in my makeup box, I haven't found a way to make it work yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Finally I feel like I found the under eye concealer that ticks all the boxes for me.
My under eye area is very dark with defined circles on fair skin, extremely dry, delicate and flaky.

This product it really creamy and a little goes a long way - to get more coverage the best thing is to go in thin layers, as opposed to dabbing loads of concealer at once. They recommended I apply it with a brush but I prefer to use my fingertips and indeed I get a better result that way but that's just me.
There is a lot of product in the pot so it lasts very long. I put some cling film between the concealer and the cap as I'm afraid it will dry out, it would have been nice if there was some sort of protection built in the packaging.

I can see how some people may not like this because it's sooo creamy and rich, but because my skin is extremely dry/flaky and at the same time needs a lot of coverage, this is perfect. It is not cakey or chalkey at all!

The ladies at the Laura Mercier counter were very helpful and they helped me pick the right shade, they applied it on me before I bought it, so I could walk away, see how it felt and then return to re-purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this concealer as part of the Undercover Pot #2. When I first saw the color, I was a bit skeptical if it would match my fair skintone because it looks dark and orange from the pot, but the description says it's for fair skin, so I decided to give it a try. Holy molly it looks great! It blends seamlessly and gives a natural luminosity. It adds just the right amount of hightlight under my eyes, but most importantly it is covers my apparent greenish veins under my eyes, thanks to the orangy tone that neutralises the green tone. The texture is also creamy so it blends easily and maintain the moisture of such delicate area. Great product, but I might not repurchase because it's too expensive and it's not available in my country.

LOVE! I ran out of Bobbi Brown concealer and thought I'd try Laura Mercier because I love her translucent powder (has a green tint). My fiance noticed immediately that something was different with my face. Said I looked refreshed and even younger. It was the LM concealer. It has a lot of pigment, so a little goes a long way. It covers very well without looking dry or chalky. It doesn't gather in the creases either. Great for someone with older skin. I love this product! I gave it a 3 on packaging - would be nice if the lid was a pop top and not a screw on.

This concealer hides perfecty all dark circles while leaving the delicate under- eye area smooth and dewy-looking. I appreciate this very much and prefer it to a powdery finish. You need only a tiny, tiny amount of product so a little goes a long way and it's really worth the steep price tag. My only complaint is the pot it comes with. For hygienic reasons I prefer squeeze tubes.

This is the best concealer for dark circles I have been able to find. I use it on top of my YSL Touche Eclat and it works beautifully. It`s pretty moisturizing and the color coverage is amazing. It blends well, and the truth is that it does initially settle into fine lines, but you can use your fingers to blend it more and it turns out all right. The product is packaged nicely in a small plastic jar and it lasts a good while. I`m on my second jar now.