July 29, 2014 | 1907 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avon - anew force extra eye cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by marsqurine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing this product: Avon Anew Force Extra Triple Lifting Eye Cream. I have a sample size of it and I don't like as much as I would like to, and I have to force myself to finish it up :) Firstly, this product just sits on my undereye area and it don't seem to be absorbed at all. Its like slapping oil on them. Secondly, this does nothing for my eyebags. It was not lightened or even feel moisturized. But since no products have really worked for me yet, I will overlook this for now :) Maybe I just have a bad batch or an expired one because there was no expiry date on it, so I cannot tell how long the sample was made. But until I chanced upon this again, I will not repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Like a previous reviewer I don't care for this packaging. Wish it came in a tube (Are you listening AVON???). Anyway, I'm really liking this cream. I have dark circles from rubbing my eyes (allergies) along with some crows feet. I use this in the morning and my skin just sucks it up. It does make my eyes look brighter during the day. I don't think the price is out of line -> its a lot cheaper than Estee Lauder, Lancome or CLinique and I think it works better. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by toxicapathy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on a quest for a new eye cream after my HG was discontinued, and since I have dark circles and this claims to reduce them, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm very disappointed.

First off, it's a bit expensive; $22 for 1/2 oz. I used the whole thing up simply because I felt awful about the prospect of wasting it. Second, hate, hate, HATE the jar! I'm not a fan of jar packaging to begin with, but this one has a wide tapered shape with a narrow mouth, so it's next to impossible to get to product around the edges once you hit bottom. I had to dig it out with a mini spatula, and I still missed alot, I'm sure of it.

As for the product, I found it much to heavy and greasy for my taste. This cream is recommended only for undereye use, so I only put it there. It never really felt like it absorbed completely, and my concealer would slide right off of it. Very bothersome. To add insult to injury, I found absolutely no improvement whatsoever in the dark circle department. None. Perhaps a little bit of lifting and firming, but there are better quality products out there that will provide this as well, without the massive drawbacks.

Perhaps it's possible this cream may be useful for someone with EXTREMELY dry skin under the eye, but for the price I still don't beleive it's worth it. I don't recommend this product, and I definitely will not repurchase. It's too bad, because Avon usually makes very good quality products at a nice value, but this one just falls flat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 34 and have dark circles under my eyes (heredity). I've been using this product for about 2 months and have definitely noticed a difference in the circles. This product is not intended for use on eyelids as most eyecream isn't, except the Clinical Eye Lift. No problem applying concealer or makeup afterwards either. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by turksoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a few samples of this recently from a friend that sells Avon. I haven't seen much of any difference. I'd have to say it's not worth the money. There's got to be something better out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This fragrance free cream contains palmitoyl pentatpeptide-3 and 2 ingredients that Avon formulated: AVC 10 which is a stable vitamin C and ox-acid which is an AHA-free exfoliator. The packaging claims that this will moisturize and smooth the eye area and erase signs of fatigue and dark circles to the undereye area. I have not noticed a difference in dark circles but I may need to use it for a longer period of time. It does hydrate my eye area without irritation, which has been a problem for me in the past.
Update: I used this daily for 2 months with no problems. Now my eyelid stings when I apply this. The oxyacid exfoliant in here is too irritating for daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by roge

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product twice a day for two weeks and havn't seen any improvement at all---also it seems to make my under eye area puffy and has not improved the dark circles---and ---if I use it at the bone where crows feet spike ---it bleeds into my eyes and irritates them when I'm sleeping.
I was a cosmetic consultant for Ultima 11 and know how to apply lotions and creams but this doesn't work for me.
I'm over 55-- but who needs it more???
I have also tried the " Avon lighten up plus " and that's a big goose egg too.
Too bad---I like many Avon products but not these two.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by peppersunlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have only been using this for a couple of days so far, but i really like it.

i have sensitive skin around my eyes, and most creams irritate it, and gels leave my eye area feeling sticky.

this has no scent that i can tell, it goes on smooth, and keeps the skin there hydrated.

i dont know yet about the clearing of dark circles, but i personally have not found anything that really eliminates them completely anyway! but it does the trick for keeping my sensitive eye area from drying out.

it says that you will see the most improvement after two weeks, so i will make sure to continue using it faithfully, and if i actually do see a difference in my slight dark circles, i will add that to the review! : D

i got it on sale, i think the regular price is 16.00. i got it for 12.00. about average for many eye creams, and a little goes a long way. plus, if you like it, its worth it.