October 20, 2014 | 2055 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - PocketPal

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not bad but not the best either. Too expensive and the packaging is no great shakes .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color was intimidating at first but it looks much lighter on the lips. Never used it on my cheeks. This does a good job at enhancing the natural color of your lips with a bit of shine or under lipstick to bring out the color. I liked using it because it smelled like rose petals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by BlondeBabe69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Besides the leaky packaging on the lip tint side, this product is perfect and i love the gloss . i cant say enough goo things about it . Definitely will re purchase .

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by sofiaSa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as was looking for a lond lasting red tint on my lips. The girl in the benefit counter re-assured me that this is what I have been looking for.. god no! The skip of the lips has to be ultra-extra perfeclty exfoliated, smooth and properly hydrated if you want to have an even coverage. Well, this is a preparation that should be done before all lipstics, fair. but this thing dries out the lips and its very hard to spread. In addition, I suppose this depends on your natural shade, you must apply dozens of layers to achieve the red and in the end you achieve a pinkish shade. The shade licks around the lipline if you are not careful with the quantity you load the brush with and you must be extra careful not to drip it on your clothes and not to open it from the wrong side.. !
If you really want a perfect long lasting red pout, dont go for this.. try the mac ruby woo and apply some clear gloss on it.. Flawless!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised that I actually liked this product. I have been a huge fan of Benetint for years but used it mainly on my cheeks. I got this as a present and I really like it. It's making me look at Benetint in a new light!! I take off one lippy just because I'm not 100% in love with the gloss end. It's a really nice clear gloss but I would love if the applicator was a bit better.

As previous reviewers have said, I hope it doesn't start to smell! One way or the other I do have a little mini bottle of Benetint and I know how long it can last!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by BeckyBedbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I only got this two days ago so if any major changes happen, I will come back an edit my review.

I wanted the Benetint but didn't have a whole lot of money, so decided on this as a way of testing it out first. However, my fiance bought me the kit that comes with both Benetint and PocketPal so now I have both :)

Anyway, I've found the tint section very good. It gives quite a subtle look at first so you can build it up gradually to get the perfect shade for you. It looks adorable when I put it on my lips- a really nice subtle daytime look.

The brush is a bit tickly at first but I get used to it pretty quickly. You have to be quick as well to get a natural look, rather than a pink smudge on your cheeks. Practice makes perfect.

I've only tried the lipgloss once and it seemed nice to me- not too sticky or gloopy. Let's hope it doesn't get smelly!

Also, with regards to the gloss turning pink from the tint, be a little patient and wait for the tint to dry before using the gloss. That way it won't mix.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The gloss went bad fast, like, less than a month after I bought it and long before the tint/stain was finished. Bad = awful smelling, like a dirty, wet, stray dog wearing old gym socks. Now what? I have a couple of ounces of benetint permanently attached to this yucky, smelly gloss. And the packaging, besides being completely impractical, is cheap cheap cheap. I would not recommend this to anyone! What a waste of $20.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by nayre

I love Benetint and use it almost daily. I received this as part of the christmas gift package which included a full size Benetint.I am quite disappointed with this. I like the colour of the tint on my lips but it doesn't have much staying power. But due to the nature of the packaging, it is very difficult to reapply this stuff. I don't like the way that the gloss half gets contaminated by the Benetint, although I guess given the packaging, this is inevitable.
A dreadful idea, I'm glad I didn't purchase this at full price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present from a friend and it was my first experience with Benetint. I was about 15/16 then and I loved it because it was very versatile and I could wear it to school. It gave a very pretty and fresh look. Usually I'd apply it to my cheeks and then to my lips with the gloss.

A month or so later, the gloss started smelling bad. I mean REALLY bad almost like sweaty socks or a wet towel that has been kept for ages. It was disgusting and I couldn't figure out why so I stopped using that and just use the very little Benetint I had. What a waste. Some of the previous reviewers mentioned that it could be because of the inevitable mixing of the tint and the gloss. They really should have thought about this because when you apply the tint followed by the gloss, the gloss applicator will definitely stain and therefore "contaminate" the gloss. Eughh.

Because I got it as a gift, the price wasn't a factor for me. When I did see the price, I was stunned. HK$270 for THAT???? It is not worth it at all. I did love the Benetint so I'm giving this a three but Pocketpal in itself is a big fail. Terrible packaging and terrible gloss. I doubt I would buy it even if it was half the price because the quantity is minimal and the quality isn't that great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Saw one of my student using this and it looked nice.
Went and bought it.... Honestly NOT worth the money at all (around 32 USD here.)
The tint wasn't flatering on my lips at all and doesn't stay on for very long. The gloss was too glossy for me and smelled really awful. I ended up removing the gloss part altogether and using the tint half. Actually, that tint half is now in my 'was too expensive to throw away right now' box!!! I find it quite messy also and you really need to take your time to put it on, NOT a 'in a taxi/elevator/discreet application' product at all!!!!
There are tons of lip tints out there for a fraction of the price and in a lot of different shades. I'm now using on by SkinFood that cost a 'mere' 5 USD and is gloss/tint combined in a lipstick, goes on easily and has a nice color and finish. I can put it on in 2 seconds!!!