April 16, 2014 | 1293 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by OpheliaNecro13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about two weeks ago after constantly using some of my friends. I love it! I have eczema on my hands and I work in a salon so my hands are constantly in and out of water and wearing gloves that make my hands sweat and irritate and flare up my eczema.

I don't mind the smell because I love earthy scents, it does go on a bit oily but my skin sucks it right up. my hands went from being extremely chapped to being so smooth it doesn't even look like I have eczema. I love that there is no animal testing on the product. I even use it for my ears (they're stretched to an inch) it moisturizes them very well without suffocating them.

the only thing I dislike is the packaging. I don't hate it but it can be a pain because I just throw my life in my bag and if it gets damaged I know it will make a mess everywhere. but other than that I will probably be a loyal user of this product until they discontinue it which I hope they never do!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by py07

I have been using this product every night for years and it consistently leaves my hands and cuticles moisturized with no peeling (and painful) cuticles.

Good value if you are living in the UK as there are many nearly half priced deals available!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I seriously cannot get enough of this product. It's the best hand cream that I've ever used. It leaves my hands smooth, moisturized, feeling non-sticky, helps with cracked skin and cuticules, . At first I hated the smell but now I don't mind at all. I've just finished my second tube of this cream and I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Retinyl

The smell is not the best, but it grew on me. My hands usually crack in the winter, but this actually prevents that. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this hand cream. I don't like wearing anything too fragrance anywhere on my body. I tend to stick to fragrance free or vanilla. This has a very subtle fragrance.

It sinks in really well. Always have a tube in my bag from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This hand cream works really well for extremely dry hands, and it does make my hands feel protected. I have very dry hands, and it is uncomfortable for me to touch paper or cardboard, but with this I feel fine touching anything dry. It's not uncomfortable.
The cream is very viscous, and a small amount goes a very long way, so one tube, even the mini tube, will last a very long time. That justifies the price more than the quality already does. It has a light, earthy scent that does not linger, and it is not especially noticeable upon application. I am not a huge fan of the packaging, particular the screw top, but I would still repurchase or recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this in the past when I was cleaning houses and bought a tube for my boyfriend this last Christmas. He swears by it to keep hands from chapping in harsh winter months due to frequent hand washing ( he works in health care. ) neither one of us were bothered by the scent, and we are both scent sensitive. It is thick and viscous, and ideal for the cotton glove treatment overnight. A little goes a long way; he's had the tube since December and hasn't run out yet. I intend to replace it for him when he does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

I agree with most of the criticisms of this product, mostly regarding the smell. But the fact remains that the lotion WORKS for seriously dry hands, especially in the winter. If the smell and greasiness really bother you, put it on at night before bed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The short review is: this stuff really works to soothe/repair dry skin. Very rich and emollient. The details are what drops this from five to four lippies.

1. The odor is very strong patchouli-ish, as I'm sure practically everyone else has mentioned. While it's not terribly offensive to me, it will linger enough that I don't want to use it before food prep or meals or before touching some items or in places where other people might be bothered by it. So, somewhat limits use.

2. The metal tube packaging is a pain because as soon as the cap is removed the product comes gushing out. Also the metal tube may split when bent or folded over.

3. Maybe a bit too greasy. OTOH, that's what helps it do its job.

That's about it. Price is okay, the body shop is always running specials. I'm not buying another tube right away due to the above criticisms, but if my hands were in a bad way, I'd not hesitate to pick this up. I tried the almond hand cream as a less smelly substitute and feel the hemp works better for really dried out hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't laugh. I use and love this cream... for my face as well as hands and feet. IMO the only Body Shop product worth buying. Some people aren't crazy about the earthy smell, I adore it. The only thing I'm not that keen about is the aluminum tube, but I can live with it.

This product shares a special place in my heart along with the Weleda Skin Food.