August 1, 2014 | 1396 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this hemp line is the only thing that worths the little money we spent on in TBS. Nothing moisturizes hands like this. I havent looked the ingredients and I dont want to because if anything harmful is involved in, that would kill my love for this. For now, this is a HG and I dont think I will ever find a better one. Sure there are great ones but they can be so greasy and all that stuff... This one is just perfect. Not greasy, perfectly soaks in. Love it!

Packaging is awfull. This thing ruined my favourite bag :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now that winter is finally here, I need a hand cream that will nourish and protect.My hands become dry and the skin tight what with hand washing, cold weather and dehydrating central heating.

Only a small amount of the cream is required and it absorbs well. No hands slipping on the steering wheel or greasy prints on paper. I have also found that my nails have increased, dare I say, flexibility and my cuticles look like I care for them.

Some may not like the scent, but I love it, herbal and calming.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This does the job pretty well - the weather in Hong Kong swings violently between humid and dry as dust, particularly seeing as office managers feel it's necessary to have air conditioning on arctic all the time. SO this is great. Does not smell offensive, nice and moisturizing, and most importantly, absorbs quickly and well.

Con - really don't like the packaging. Makes it difficult to squeeze out the last couple centimentres of lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by OpheliaNecro13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about two weeks ago after constantly using some of my friends. I love it! I have eczema on my hands and I work in a salon so my hands are constantly in and out of water and wearing gloves that make my hands sweat and irritate and flare up my eczema.

I don't mind the smell because I love earthy scents, it does go on a bit oily but my skin sucks it right up. my hands went from being extremely chapped to being so smooth it doesn't even look like I have eczema. I love that there is no animal testing on the product. I even use it for my ears (they're stretched to an inch) it moisturizes them very well without suffocating them.

the only thing I dislike is the packaging. I don't hate it but it can be a pain because I just throw my life in my bag and if it gets damaged I know it will make a mess everywhere. but other than that I will probably be a loyal user of this product until they discontinue it which I hope they never do!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by py07

I have been using this product every night for years and it consistently leaves my hands and cuticles moisturized with no peeling (and painful) cuticles.

Good value if you are living in the UK as there are many nearly half priced deals available!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I seriously cannot get enough of this product. It's the best hand cream that I've ever used. It leaves my hands smooth, moisturized, feeling non-sticky, helps with cracked skin and cuticules, . At first I hated the smell but now I don't mind at all. I've just finished my second tube of this cream and I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Retinyl

The smell is not the best, but it grew on me. My hands usually crack in the winter, but this actually prevents that. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this hand cream. I don't like wearing anything too fragrance anywhere on my body. I tend to stick to fragrance free or vanilla. This has a very subtle fragrance.

It sinks in really well. Always have a tube in my bag from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This hand cream works really well for extremely dry hands, and it does make my hands feel protected. I have very dry hands, and it is uncomfortable for me to touch paper or cardboard, but with this I feel fine touching anything dry. It's not uncomfortable.
The cream is very viscous, and a small amount goes a very long way, so one tube, even the mini tube, will last a very long time. That justifies the price more than the quality already does. It has a light, earthy scent that does not linger, and it is not especially noticeable upon application. I am not a huge fan of the packaging, particular the screw top, but I would still repurchase or recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this in the past when I was cleaning houses and bought a tube for my boyfriend this last Christmas. He swears by it to keep hands from chapping in harsh winter months due to frequent hand washing ( he works in health care. ) neither one of us were bothered by the scent, and we are both scent sensitive. It is thick and viscous, and ideal for the cotton glove treatment overnight. A little goes a long way; he's had the tube since December and hasn't run out yet. I intend to replace it for him when he does.