The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 11/21/2014 3:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff works great if you have naturally really dry skin on your hands in general, or if you're working in an environment where you're washing your hands all the time which dries them out. It's for sure a heavy duty moisturizer/hand cream that works wonders for dry skin. We bought this stuff for my Grandma one year, when she mentioned needing to use a lot of hand cream when she crochet(sp?) or sews and not being able to find one that she really worked because her hands were so dry-we've bought her a new tube every year since for about eight years now(she doesn't crochet much because of her arthritis so she doesn't need a whole lot). The only downsides are that the smell can be rather off putting-it's very earthy and pretty strong, but it goes away once it sinks into your skin-and that it is fairly greasy so it can take a while to sink into your skin, particularly if you use a lot of it at once. Other than that, this is a really good product-it goes beyond just temporarily providing moisture to your skin.

on 11/3/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Good hand cream. I use it at night and it does the job. However it leaves my hands greasy and I can't touch anything after so I usually slather it on before bed. Also absolutely hate the smell so that's another reason I dont use it during the day time. My hands are definitely more moisturizer when I wake up. But I will say I don't think it's worth the price.....I think aquaphor or some other hand cream might be better and more economical.

on 10/9/2014 10:18:00 PM

I love this product! Must have for the winter!! Keeps the skin on my hands from cracking up due to the dry air in the winter.

The only complaint I have is on the packaging. The screw on lid area of the packaging can get crusty because it's very difficult to NOT accidentally squeeze out too my product.

on 9/2/2014 2:01:00 PM

I lost count of how many tubes I already used up of this stuff. It's the best hardcore hand cream out there :D I got very dry and flaky fingertips (can't figure out why for the life of me) and this is the only thing that helps.

on 7/30/2014 5:26:00 PM

My hands are ridiculously dry, and attend to get chapped super easily. I've been using tons of products and nothing seems to work, but this is has been literally life saver for me, I'm now finishing my third tube! It does get a bit oily on hands and does not dry that easily, but in my case it totally ok since I only use it at night. If you're hands doesn't get really dry, this may be a bit pricey opinion, but for winter it's perfect. The smell is not the most flattering, but also not bad...just a bit hempish. Overall this is just amazing product and if you have dry hands, give it a try!

on 7/29/2014 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing! Not to thick, or to thin, i always have this in my bag.

on 7/25/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used a few tubes already. I really love this for dry skin!

Works wonders!!!! I've used it on my hands and diluted on my body. I have very dry skin.

Love love love.

I like the smell because it feels grassy(?) but I don't suppose that's a smell for everyone.

This is really great and I can say this with conviction that it is good because my hands have dermatitis and peels all the way to the flesh. Doesn't hurt when I put it on.

HG!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I never leave the house without this hand cream - it is definitely my HG product. I work at Starbucks and suffer with contact dermatitis from the various chemicals that we use for cleaning combined with spending a large portion of my day hand washing or just having wet hands. I end up with dry, red hands when it flares up which can be extremely painful and not all that great to look at. I went to my doctor about this and was proscribed various treatment creams (all of which were equally as expensive as this and contain all sorts of crazy ingredients) THIS WORKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE EVER GOTTEN FROM MY DOCTOR. It soothes my painful hands and actually heals them too. I'm not overly fond of the smell (it's NOT like weed, but more clinical and almost like grass? Idk) but it works wonders. I only ever buy it when I get a email prom TBS saying that there is 40% off or it's BOGOF etc. I stock up and it lasts ages, even with everyday use. Amazing.
I also use the Hemp Face Protector as I suffer with dry skin on my face too and that is also fantastic. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a nurse, my hands are extremely abused. This is the best hand lotion I've found--and I've tried more than I can count.

The hemp smell might get to people. It is strong. Lately though, I've been growing to like it. Maybe it's all of the positive associations I'm having, knowing how fabulous it makes my hands feel. (:

At my bedside is: LUSH's Sympathy for the Skin lotion, this Hemp Hand Protector, and CND's solar oil.

on 2/8/2014 11:20:00 PM

I love this hand cream especially in the winter time. When the skin on my hands hurts from dryness I put this on right before bed and I wake up in the morning with super soft hands. This doesn't smell like weed at all btw I'm not sure what it smells like but it's not weed. I don't really like the metal tube because it's difficult to get the last little bit out it would be better if it was just a regular plastic tube. I also think this is kind of expensive for a hand cream but I've bought it more than once because it does work and isn't greasy feeling and it absorbs quickly. I'll continue to repurchase.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products