Sally Hansen Problem Cuticle Remover

3.2

on 8/16/2010 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This didn't do much for me. It softened my cuticles, but it did not dissolve or remove any like I hoped. The only positive is that it smells pleasant and it's compact. Like another poster mentioned, I think I will use this to exfoliate my cuticles but once I use it up, I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/7/2009 5:54:00 PM

It did nothing for mi cuticles, it has a nice smell, but regarding my cuticles, it really made no difference.

on 8/3/2008 8:17:00 PM

I don't know...I don't feel this does anything for me that just soaking my fingers in warm water couldn't do. Leaving it on for the maximum 8 minutes doesn't work any miracles, either. I am going to try using it as a cuticle cream; maybe as a consistent, long-term exfoliant it will be more effective.

I wouldn't count on this to remove cuticles, but it does a good job of exfoliating them. I use this every day or so and leave it on for about 10 minutes. I then use a nail brush and a little palmolive to scrub my nails and cuticles. I think it does a pretty good job of exfoliating the dry skin aroun my nails and cuticles so it does not become a "problem". This is good, especially for the price, but not exactly what it clims to be. I'll repurchase because I like the effect that it has on my nails.

on 3/28/2008 12:29:00 PM

Well, this made my nails and fingers soft--but it didn't do a darn thing for my cuticles, and I even left it on longer then recommended.

If I just wanted soft nails, I'd use olive oil.

on 10/14/2007 1:51:00 PM

This really didn't seem to do a great job on my cuticles. I can get similar results with just soaking in warm soapy water. I do like the packaging and the smell, but I doubt I would repurchase.

on 5/29/2006 3:19:00 AM

Didn't seem to do much for me but the area around my nails were left soft so I guess this is an okay product.

on 12/28/2004 1:14:00 AM

i had a terrible problem with this product. it ate through my nails. its been over a year and they are just beginning to return to almost normal. several trips to the doctor and medications, both oral and topical. i applied it for only 6 minutes, washed it off with soap and water. it ate through my nails and skin infecting it so badly i was in constant pain. thankfully i only used it on two cuticles. i would never suggest anyone to use this product.

on 4/22/2004 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i really love this product. i actually should use it more often, it removes the tough cuticles around my toe nails as well as rough skin on the sides of my foot. it smells great too!

on 12/23/2003 2:56:00 PM

This stuff doesn't magically remove cuticles, it just gets rid of dead skin cells before you cut your cuticles. If I wanted to make them 'soft' enough to cut, I would just do so after a long, warm shower. It gets the job done equally. After I tested this out and cut my cuticles, I was so sad. Because after weeks of caring for my cuticles and making them grow by religiously putting on cuticle creams day and night, I just ended up trimming them the old fashioned way and ruining the skin around the cuticles. Never will I cut my own cuticles. I will dish out the money and get them removed by a professional.

Popular Treatments