August 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Problem Cuticle Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by glendonwyne

I don't know...I don't feel this does anything for me that just soaking my fingers in warm water couldn't do. Leaving it on for the maximum 8 minutes doesn't work any miracles, either. I am going to try using it as a cuticle cream; maybe as a consistent, long-term exfoliant it will be more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by arizonamuaddict

I wouldn't count on this to remove cuticles, but it does a good job of exfoliating them. I use this every day or so and leave it on for about 10 minutes. I then use a nail brush and a little palmolive to scrub my nails and cuticles. I think it does a pretty good job of exfoliating the dry skin aroun my nails and cuticles so it does not become a "problem". This is good, especially for the price, but not exactly what it clims to be. I'll repurchase because I like the effect that it has on my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this made my nails and fingers soft--but it didn't do a darn thing for my cuticles, and I even left it on longer then recommended.

If I just wanted soft nails, I'd use olive oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

This really didn't seem to do a great job on my cuticles. I can get similar results with just soaking in warm soapy water. I do like the packaging and the smell, but I doubt I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon

Didn't seem to do much for me but the area around my nails were left soft so I guess this is an okay product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2004 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mits23

i had a terrible problem with this product. it ate through my nails. its been over a year and they are just beginning to return to almost normal. several trips to the doctor and medications, both oral and topical. i applied it for only 6 minutes, washed it off with soap and water. it ate through my nails and skin infecting it so badly i was in constant pain. thankfully i only used it on two cuticles. i would never suggest anyone to use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by osujen25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really love this product. i actually should use it more often, it removes the tough cuticles around my toe nails as well as rough skin on the sides of my foot. it smells great too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2003 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ImCanadian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff doesn't magically remove cuticles, it just gets rid of dead skin cells before you cut your cuticles. If I wanted to make them 'soft' enough to cut, I would just do so after a long, warm shower. It gets the job done equally. After I tested this out and cut my cuticles, I was so sad. Because after weeks of caring for my cuticles and making them grow by religiously putting on cuticle creams day and night, I just ended up trimming them the old fashioned way and ruining the skin around the cuticles. Never will I cut my own cuticles. I will dish out the money and get them removed by a professional.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2003 11:34:00 AM More reviews by AnnieOkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic for obtaining professional looking home manicures. I don't know how well it would work if I didn't give my nails a good long soak in warm soapy water and a good going over w/ a nail brush prior to use but I do - Then I leave this on for 5 minutes and push my cuticles back with an orange stick. Another good going over w/ a nail brush & soapy warm water and my cuticles need little or no trimmimg (which is a good thing as I am a klutz at that). I took a point off because the packaging sucks - the opening is way too large to apply the "thin
line" that is recommended - I end up with it smeared all over the entire nail bed. But the price is reasonable enough to waste some product in over-applying. It's really gentle and non-drying too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lilcutezie

hmmmmmmmmm i didnt like having to massage this into my cuticles for a few min but i guess u always hav to do that! haha im jus lazy. but newayz it made my cuticles soft and easy to push back tats for sure! tho.. some of my cuticles didnt look to great cuz i guess i pushed them back wrong or somethin (im new at this so if ne one has tips pls let me know!) overall the product worked well